Profile for colin from Somerset > Reviews

Content by colin from Som...

colin from Somerset

Transcend 16 GB DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi
Transcend 16 GB DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Top marks for the Transcend drive pro, 11 Mar. 2015
Like most people I always check out the reviews before I buy, and this was no exception. Without doubt the Transcend drive pro had the best reviews. When it arrived I wasn't disappointed, it was everything I expected. Some people said the stick on Mount wasn't so good so they bought an extra suction mount, but if you clean and thoroughly Dry the glass it sticks perfectly. It's excellent video quality and simple to use. One problem I had was leaving it plugged into the aux socket. I checked that the power went off when the engine was switched off, so I left it plugged in, but somehow it still took the battery down so I couldn't start the car! I now unplug it before I leave the vehicle. I would recommend this drive pro to everyone.

Doctors Best Ubiquinol featuring Kaneka QH 100 mg (60 ml))
Doctors Best Ubiquinol featuring Kaneka QH 100 mg (60 ml))
Offered by bodykind

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product quick delivery, 9 May 2014
My wife & I used to take coq10 but this certainly seemed to give better results. My wife's heart palpitations have completely gone even though all the doctors said nothing can be done, you will have to live with it!

i-Heli 'T40C' SpyCam VideoGraphy Gyro Servo Remote Control 3D Flight Video/Camera Helicopter + Free TF Card And Card Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Very controllable, 17 Mar. 2013
I had the Sigma S033g first and although it was fairly easy to fly, the least puff of wind outside made it virtually impossibleas the tail rotor motor was not powerful enough to givwe any forward thrust and acually burnt out.

This T40 helicopter however works like a real one in that the main rotor blades actually vary the flight angle to give forward and backwards thrust, there is no power to the tail rotor as it doesn't need one. You are still limited to a very still day but it does cope with a light breeze. The bonus of having a digital camera pre installed to take video or still photos is also worth having. Its amazing how much fun you can get for a relatively low price. I would recommend the T40 withourt hestitation, far better the the Sigma S033G.
Happy flying

Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, very funny, 17 Mar. 2013
Once you have got over the fact that a lot of the book is written in the third tense, it is very amusing from the start. It is well written and its amazing how one 100 year old man can have such a varied hsitory. Well worth a read.

Black Tie White Noise
Black Tie White Noise

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awful - Ok if you like the 4 letter word !!, 14 Mar. 2012
I for this for my Kindle after reading several reviews. I don't know who these people are who said it was a good read, but to me it was awful. I didn't like the style of writing at all, but that is obviously a personal thing so I will let that one go. What I objected to was the use of the F*** word and the c*** word virtually on every page and the detailed descriptions of drug taking and the continual sexual abuse of women. I should have ditched it after the first chapter as a load of rubbish, but I thought I would continue, in case it improved, but I was wrong - it didn't!!

My advice to anyone who thinks about getting this book is to download the free chapter first or better still, just ignore it completely and let it remain in the rubbish bin where it belongs.

If you want a good read which keeps you hooked all the way through and is brilliantly written, you couldn't do much better than " A Dangerous Fortune" by Ken Folett.

Please note - this is the first review I have done but I have now got this off my chest so I am happy. Good reading and I love my Kindle

ColinA Dangerous Fortune

Xenta Wireless Headphones - 30 Metre indoor range
Xenta Wireless Headphones - 30 Metre indoor range

5.0 out of 5 stars What superb wireless headphones, 16 Nov. 2011
I have just purchased these headphones and I am blown away with the quality of the sound. I plugged them into my TV so I can watch programs when my wife has gone to bed.
But the quality is so good, I also use them to listen yo music on my hifi all over the house, they have a brilliant range without loss of signal.
Its not often that you are totally satisfied with with purchases these days but these FAR EXCEED MY EXPECTATIONS. If you are looking for some wireless headphones, my advice is
DON'T LOOK AT ANY OTHERS - GET THESE you won't be disappointed.

Happy shopping
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2013 11:12 PM BST

Logitech 960-000582 C270 USB HD Webcam - Black
Logitech 960-000582 C270 USB HD Webcam - Black
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant and first class delivery - as always, 13 Jan. 2011
Before I buy anything I look through all the customer reviews and find them very informative. I must admit, this is the first review I have done, but I am so happy with the Logitech C270 that I thought I would give something back to future buters. I hope this helps people to decide which webcam to buy.

I have had an old Logitech webcam for many years, but the video using Skype was never that good, and my kids said I should throw it away and upgrade to a later model. I started to surf the net for the best reviews of webcams and came down to the Logitech HD C270 as being the best at a very reasonable price. I did like the Rightlight feature, as I have very bad lighting conditions, and the clarity and exposure is superb. It took about 3 minutes to install with no glitches whatsoever - that makes a change !!! For anyone looking for a high definition web cam at a very good price, then look no further and buy one the C270 from Amazon, you won't be disappointed. Best of luck.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2012 7:17 AM GMT