Profile for Cisco Kid > Reviews

Content by Cisco Kid

Cisco Kid (Brisbane Australia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Goodnight Mister Tom [Blu-ray]
Goodnight Mister Tom [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ John Thaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding movie., 14 Jun. 2017
I read book "Goodnight Mr Tom" only recently. Being an avid reader where has it been all my life. I just loved it. I laughed and cried all at the same time. The book is so well written if you close your eyes you can picture the scenes being described, Then I purchased the Bluray DVD version of the movie. Again just outstanding. But its a pity the movie was not hours longer as many parts of the book are not included in the movie. But what is included is true to the book. I cannot tell you about the picture quality or sound in this version of the movie as I was so involved in the story I didn't pay much attention to those aspects of the DVD. I wont go into what the story is about as other reviewers have done that. John Thaw is excellent as Mr Tom and the rest of the cast do a great job. This is a must see movie and deserves all the 5 star reviews. Also I would recommend reading the book to get the bits missed in the movie. Both are just outstanding.

Patriots Day [Blu-ray + Digital HD] [2017]
Patriots Day [Blu-ray + Digital HD] [2017]
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie., 14 Jun. 2017
I have watched this movie twice already. Its great and would have to be one of the best for 2016. I had watched a documentary on the hunt for the Boston bombers ages ago and actual film of the backyard, with the boat, where the second bomber was caught was shown in the doco. I recognised it in the movie. So being filmed on location definitely adds to the appreciation of the story.The cast do a great job. A movie that has become a must see already. The ending will leave you in tears.

The Naked Prey (1965) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD)
The Naked Prey (1965) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD)
Dvd ~ Cornel Wilde

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie., 12 Jun. 2016
I hadn't seen this film for many years and was surprised to find it on Blu-ray. The Masters of Cinema are doing a great job putting some old gems onto Blu-ray and this is a good one. Loosely based on a true story from early America its an enjoyable watch. There is only one scene in the movie that irritated me. I don't want to be a spoiler here so all I will say is that it happens after he sets fire to the bush. I would have got to hell out of there instead of doing what he did. The Blu-ray is clear and the sound not too bad. Any fan of Cornel Wilde will love this. A good purchase.

The X-Files: The Event Series [Blu-ray]
The X-Files: The Event Series [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ David Duchovny

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth Watching., 27 April 2016
What an absolute let down.This is a terrible series of a once outstanding show. The magic between Mulder and Scully in the original series is gone. They are terrible together. The story line in two of the episodes is so ridiculous I stopped watching. It was advertised as a 6 episode series yet we were left hanging at the end of the last episode - looks like we may be in line for more drivel if it is anything like this series. I wont be bothering to watch anymore episodes if it ever comes back. I am sorry I ever watched this. I will now stick to revisiting the originals.

For the Fallen
For the Fallen
by Peter Francis

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book., 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: For the Fallen (Hardcover)
There is only one word to describe this book - outstanding.

Robbery Under Arms [DVD]
Robbery Under Arms [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Finch

5.0 out of 5 stars I have always enjoyed this movie, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Robbery Under Arms [DVD] (DVD)
I have always enjoyed this movie. Peter Finch is great as Captain Starlight. The supporting cast is good as well. The movie is from the book of the same name which is a good read. The film is beautifully shot in the Flinders Ranges in South Australia and near Bourke in New South Wales. I get a bit annoyed when critics call this movie a western or an Australian western. Its not about America. Its about Australia, its outback and has nothing to do with the American west. You will not be sorry if you buy this movie.

FOYLE'S WAR: SEASON 2
FOYLE'S WAR: SEASON 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: FOYLE'S WAR: SEASON 2 (Blu-ray)
What can be said about Foyle's War except outstanding. No more needs to be said.

Shetland: The Complete Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
Shetland: The Complete Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Douglas Henshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Top viewing, 15 July 2014
I really enjoyed this show. No knowing much about the Shetland Islands made it more enjoyable. The scenery of the Islands is bleak but it has a rare beauty about it. I have always enjoyed David Henshall's work and he does not disappoint here. You will not be sorry if you purchase this.

Happy Valley [DVD] [2014]
Happy Valley [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Sarah Lancashire

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a top show. Everything thing about it ..., 15 July 2014
This review is from: Happy Valley [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
This is a top show. Everything thing about it from the storyline to acting is first class with Sarah Lancashire a stand out.

Ben-Hur - 3-Disc Edition [Blu-ray] [1959] [Region Free]
Ben-Hur - 3-Disc Edition [Blu-ray] [1959] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Charlton Heston

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Mar. 2012
This blu-ray transfer is first class. A great movie has been made even better with this Blu-ray transfer.
The extras are good as well. I was impressed with the silent version. A lot of work has gone into improving this version of the story.

There is not much more to say about this. If you are new to Blu-ray this is a great movie to start with.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3