Profile for GR > Reviews

Content by GR

GR "GR" (London)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Rapesco Zero 02 Half Strip Office Stapler uses Staples 24 and 26/6 mm with 20 Sheet Capacity - Silver Metal Body

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid stapler, 27 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Rapesco stapler is a well build stapler, it feels solid in your hands, it's not too big, and it has the advantage of the actual stapling mechanism being positioned in the middle of the unit. In short, this allows a large amount of leverage from the overhanging handle. The best thing is; despite this being a 'heavy duty' stapler, it uses regular staples and not the large cumbersome staples commonly associated with heavy duty staplers.

The Gro Company Height Chart Sticker Set All Aboard
The Gro Company Height Chart Sticker Set All Aboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great height chart - transformational, 25 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So out 3-year old is obsessed with how tall he is, so we got him the animal version of the Gro height chart, as per my previous review ; the stickers peal off easily, they're east to stick on the wall, they peal off the wall easily when you want to move them and the colours are really vibrant. And it was the fact the height chart transformed the bedroom wall that made us get the second chart. In all fairness it wasn't to add a second chart, it was to use the stickers to totally transform the room. It really is a testament to the quality and transformational nature of the stickers that we now have a jungle height chart on one wall and a nice road and cars going along the bottom of the other walls, it really does looks great.

Little Owl's Orange Scarf
Little Owl's Orange Scarf
by Tatyana Feeney

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice little filler, 29 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After reading the same books for a little too long, we decided to branch out and make some new purchases for out 3-year old. The little owl is a nice enough story, it's about an owl with an orange scarf he doesn't like very much, he gives to to a giraffe on a trip to the zoo and his mum knits him a new blue one which he likes. There's no real moral story, or key learning, it's just a simple, nicely illustrated, quick to read nice enough story, I use it as a filler in between the longer stories.

The Gro Company Height Chart Sticker Set Jolly Jungle
The Gro Company Height Chart Sticker Set Jolly Jungle

5.0 out of 5 stars This will transform any room, 29 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So out 3-year old is obsessed with how tall he is, so a height chart was the perfect addition to his room. From starting my search, I was knocked back at the choice available, there are lots to choose from which can be confusing, but let me save you a lot of time. The Gro height chart is fantastic. The stickers peal off easily, and if like us you're unsure about the initial positioning, the stickers peal off the wall easily and can be reapplied as if nothing ever happened. The colours are vibrant and there's lots of them. The images of the chart on the wall don't do the product justice, there are 6x animals and more leaves than you'll know what to do with. This really is a great product and will transform any wall, a steal for the price.

Perfect Fitness V2 Pushup Handles - Black, One size
Perfect Fitness V2 Pushup Handles - Black, One size

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow, I have to say I’m really impressed with these push up handles. The first thing that struck me was the build quality, the handles are really solid and chunky to hold, and the rotating disks are equally solid and rotate with ease. They really are a substantial piece of kit.

To operate, you can either place the handles on the floor or a wall. The rubber grip on the rotating disk ensures the handles will not move, giving a sense of total security when exercising. I use these in my home made gym and tag a handful of press ups to then end of each session. Previously I’ve struggled with press ups and have strained my shoulder, but I’ve used these handles for a few weeks now and the rotation on the handles allows for injury free press ups.

They’re also really easy to store, I place mine on top of my step bench, under my weights bench. They really are a perfect addition to any home gym, I really enjoy using them each time and they really do push you from an exercise point of view.

The Making of Modern Britain: From Queen Victoria to V.E. Day: 1
The Making of Modern Britain: From Queen Victoria to V.E. Day: 1
by Andrew Marr

1.0 out of 5 stars Hidden agendas and fantastic facts, 20 Dec. 2013
Let me start by saying I'm not a regular book reviewer, but I am an historian, so this review will be focused on three main points. Firstly, this is a deeply insightful book covering a period typically glanced over in favour of military exploits. Secondly Andrew Marr is transparent in is liking/disliking of certain topics making the overall read a switch between engaging narrative and university lecture. But what is most unforgivable is his passive aggressive, belittling of Winston Churchill, by page 412 is esculate to propaganda proportions and is quite simply a bridge too far. Despite Churchill's failings he was by far the most capable Britain to lead the country through the darkest days this isle has ever encountered. I wonder what would have happened had the likes of Mr Marr been in charge? This subtext is a significant disappointment in an otherwise informative read.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2014 11:23 AM BST

GQ Eats: The cookbook for men of seriously good taste
GQ Eats: The cookbook for men of seriously good taste
by CONDE NAST INDEPENDENT MAGAZIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish cook book, 20 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So I've bought and read a lot of cook books this year and I've noticed a pattern. There are those cook books that go deep into one area, sometimes a little too deep whereby your reading as much about the sources as the actual cooking. Then there are the over simplistic 'Jamie Oliver' type books. Somewhere in the middle is my sweet spot and cook books like The Bowler's Meatball Cookbook and GQ are there. The recipes are really engaging and have a good blend of prep/cooking, the images are stunning and the layout of the book is a joy to read. This really is a must have cook book.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid straightener, 20 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Being familiar with ghd's, the Sensocare holds up well to the competition. They're a sleek/glossy looking set of straighteners, quite slim in the the hand and feel sold. The ceramic plate heat up quickly and get hot enough for any hairstyle. They were really simple to use as you'd expect and worked perfectly. A great and cost effective styler.

Remington EP7020 4-in-1 Epilator
Remington EP7020 4-in-1 Epilator

4.0 out of 5 stars Each and every hair removed, 21 Sept. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought the Remington Epilator as I was forever cutting my legs when I was shaving them for cycling. A friend told me Epilators were the way forward and warned me they weren't pain free and they weren't wrong. The unit itself is well made and very ergonomic, fitting into your hand perfectly. It's easy to charge and the settings are straight forward too. in terms of performance, it's perfect. Each and every hair was removed regardless of size or position, although they are plucked and it's not without discomfort although you do get used to it quite quickly. The only thing to note is the length of time it all takes. Whilst the effects of the Epilator are safer and last longer, I still find myself reaching for the razor for speed.

SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive 32 GB
SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive 32 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 Sept. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If like me you've maxed out your Drop Box account and don't want to subscribe to another service, and you're forever deleting things on your iphone to make space, then this little gem is just what you're looking for. The 32GB is slightly larger than your average USB stick, and to move files around you simply plug it into your laptop, move the files across and then they're accessible from all your paired devices. The range is good too. I leave mine in my brief case and can access it from my desk or phone when I'm on the train. Well worth the investment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7