Profile for Just Jack > Reviews

Content by Just Jack

Just Jack (East Yorkshire, UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Classic Buzz Lightyear. Pop-out wings, Voice and 'Laser'!, 13 July 2009
I bought one of these for my little boy, who LOVES it! Great for Toy Story fans big and small! This is the classic version of Buzz Lightyear in that it is the closest to the original toy in the film. It says 5 Buzz catchphrases, including 'to infinity and beyond!'. The helmet retracts and the wings pop out at the push of a button. Buzz's suit has a glow-in-the-dark effect. Best of all, it has the arm-'laser' with sound. Hours of fun! Apparently Toy Story is going to be released later this year in 3D and there's gonna be a Toy Story 3 next year!

Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (2012 version)
Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (2012 version)
Offered by The Glow Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for travelling with tots in summer. Even using at home now!, 9 July 2009
This is one of those products which is so simple yet effective you wonder why didn't anyone think of it sooner! Originally called Baa-Baa Blackout Blind, the Gro company (the geniuses who brought us baby sleeping bags) have bought the rights and made a few improvements too. The blind is supplied in it's own travel bag, and ready to use straight away as the suckers are already attached. Each side is adjustable to fit (using elasticated waistband thingys you sometimes get on kids trousers). You just press the suckers onto the glass, adjust the edges a bit and... instant darkness! (or pretty damn close) We took this on holiday with us and it worked a treat. Never again do we have to precariously hang blankets or towels over the window. Or endure kids waking up at 5am due to the light streaming in to their rooms! Not just for hols though, we use for sleepovers at granny's and now even at home. Worth every penny. If you want an easier bedtime, and an extra hour or two in bed in the morning (who doesn't?), buy one!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2012 1:38 PM BST

Emu Women's Stinger Hi Boot
Emu Women's Stinger Hi Boot

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Alternative to Uggs - Ugg/Emu/Bearpaw Comparison, 4 Jan. 2009
Have just bought these as a replacement to a pair of Bearpaw boots I bought over a year ago. Personally I'm not that bothered about the 'label' but wanted a good quality pair of warm boots for the winter school run etc.
Bearpaw - good value boots, great if you're looking for a genuine sheepskin boot (synthetic ones don't last long and just make your feet sweat!) but don't want to spend a fortune. A little shorter in the leg than others (12"). Hardwearing rubber sole, still holding their shape although ankle area is starting to slouch a little bit, but have been worn loads.
Emu - the Emus do seem a little more roomy, so I would advise that if you are a 5.5 for example, order a 5, but otherwise stick to your normal size unless you want a very snug fit. The sole is a bit thicker with a rubber tread, which hopefully will wear well. A bit more flattering, as the sole is slightly higher at the heel end compared to the completely flat soles of the others. Also, longer in the leg (13.5"), which means it sits right at the top of my calf which looks better. The sheepskin is good quality and feels very silky inside. The heel is reinforced so should hold up well.
Just Sheepskin - my sister has a pair of these and she loves them. Them look nice and comfy, but I don't think they're very sturdy. The sheepskin is beautifully soft but a bit floppy (these don't stand up by themselves) Look nice on, as don't seem as chunky as the others. These are probably the outdoor slipper option!
Ugg Australia - Good quality, lovely thick sheepskin. Are they worth the extra money? Personally, no, but I'm sure some will disagree! :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2009 11:55 AM GMT

Toni & Guy TG180 Wave Sock Pro Tourmaline Hair Dryer with Diffuser Sock
Toni & Guy TG180 Wave Sock Pro Tourmaline Hair Dryer with Diffuser Sock

5.0 out of 5 stars WHICH Magazine Best Buy, 17 Dec. 2008
I've put this hairdryer on my christmas list and hubby has taken the hint! My old dryer packed up finally, which I wasn't too upset as although it was powerful, it was a bit heavy and bulky, so am currently using my travel dryer which is slow. I liked the look of this one which got top marks from Which magazine. Main points were lightness, build and quietness, along with a 3 year guarantee! Will update if it doesn't live up to my expectations.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2009 10:02 PM GMT