Profile for Mrs. Sheena leversedge -. Wood > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Sheena le...

Mrs. Sheena leversedge -. Wood "witchofthewestcountry" (Cornwall)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sports Bracelet, ELEGIANT NEW I5 Plus Bluetooth 4.0 APP Sport Smart Watch Wristband + Sports Bracelet Band Wireless Activity Pedometer Sleep Monitor Health Fitness Tracker Activity Wristband for Android,IOS - Men Women Boys Girls Ladies Man - Black
Offered by Qroiip

4.0 out of 5 stars so far I'm very pleased. seems very good for the low price., 3 July 2017
can't speak for the longevity of the device, as I've only had this a few days.
but.
it comes in really cheap and tatty looking packaging. this is fine. it's a cheap product, after all. the device itself is actually really smart with a good finish. when you are wearing it, there's no reason you would think it was under £15. the wristbands are smooth and well finished, no poor quality moulding or anything like that.the device part itself is shiny and sleek, and fits very neatly into the wristband with no large gaps or bad angles. overall, a sleek and smart looking device. comfortable to wear
I do find it rather tricky to scan through the menu on the device, and I've only once managed to get it into the bit for choosing different activities. but as I'm only walking and running, out of the options it offers, the fact it is remaining on that is fine.
it takes me a little while to get to the menu option for switching between the night and day modes, but not so much it's a problem. it just seems like there's no real method between the different menu options, and just tapping swiping and holding until the right thing pops up.
but hey. no biggie. it works.
the battery power is pretty fantastic. I've been wearing it 4 days, and still shows as 88% Charge, so that's good.
the app seems to have some good features, but I'm still getting to grips with using them. it has a GPS thing for running routes, for example, which I think I've figured out how to use on my next run, and it shares data to Apple Health, which is the easiest way to see patterns over a period of time, as it looks a little fiddly in the app itself.
it seems to overestimate how long I have slept, but that's not the end of the world. interesting to see where I have heavier and lighter sleep, so I tend to just disregard the big at the beginning and end.
it has a number of steps and calories burned, and sleep tracker.
there's also a rather nifty thing where if you press a particular icon, it will make your phone make a noise, so it's quite good to find it, if it's within range.
it allows you to set up multiple alarms, and switch them on and off at will. but you can choose multiple days of the week to have particular ones on or off, so no need to mess around with on and off for work days and non work days.
it might not be all singing all dancing, but at a tiny fraction of the cost of the well known brands, this is definitely worth a go.

A5 Thick Classic Notebook with Pen Loop - Lemome Dotted Grid Hardcover Journal with Pocket to Write in + Page Dividers Gifts, Banded, Large, 180 Pages, 8.4 x 5.7 inch
Offered by lemome

5.0 out of 5 stars Really thrilled with this high quality, low cost book, 30 Jun. 2017
Really thrilled with this book. Had a touch of healthy scepticism about the absolutely glowing and numerous.com reviews (none on.co.uk when I ordered) but thought that at the price it would be worth seeing for myself. It arrives beautifully packaged in a sleek black sleeve, giving it quite a high end first impression.
The leather look cover is a nice shade of tan, and the texture is nice. A little rougher feeling than I expected, as a lot of these kind of materials feel a bit rubbery and silky, and this doesn't.
It has a nice weight and size feel to hold. The spine is a contrasting grey, with a built in pen loop I can comfortably tuck my finger into, so should work nicely.
The paper seems a touch darker than moleskine, but in the side by side, there's not much on it. You can also see the dots are a bit darker, but not so much I think it will bother me (this is what put me off Rhodia) and they have the 0.5mm spacing I'm used to in my Moleskine

The paper feels lovely. Really thick, you can see how it stands when I fan the book. It also has a nice, smooth texture, and is lovely to write on. The pen glides smoothly with no bleeding. I have been setting the book up, including a pen test page, which I se to check for bleeding and ghosting. You can barely see a thing through this lovely thick paper. My pics show the difference with the same in my moleskine. The difference is vast, with this book having the vastly superior paper quality. Photos show moleskine on the left of the image, Lemome on the right
It has an elastic strap and a rear pocket, which contains a card, some tab stickers, and a little plastic ruler, something I already consider an essential to put in your notebooks back pocket.
So far I'm really pleased, and looking forward to filling up my trusty moleskine and getting this baby on the road.
An absolute bargain at just under a tenner!
I hope to see Lemome expand their range in future, I'd love to see this design in lots of different colours.
I am very happy with this book. It just goes to show that a higher price tag doesn't equal a better product
Comment Comment | Permalink

Trixie Target Stick
Trixie Target Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars great item at this price, 18 April 2017
This review is from: Trixie Target Stick (Misc.)
very pleased with this item. and great at the price.
I teach my rats tricks, well, the cleverer of them, anyway ;) and thought that a clicker with a pointer would be good to take them beyond tricks where you just guide them to the action with a treat in your hand. the pointer would allow for more complex action without them being distracted trying to get the treat off you before completing the action.
well, as soon as I opened this, i was pleased. the pointer on mine is green. clearly they come in a range of colours, as others have described black, and the picture is orange. this is fine by me.
the antenna extends smoothly, to a good length, and I like that it has a belt clip with a retractable cord as well. nice touch. probably won't be needed with my very much indoors and in one spot training sessions, but for people with dogs or other animals that might be learning out and about, this is nifty.
almost as soon as I tested to see my rats responses, I had all four girls standing up in a row like meerkats trying to investigate the ball, even though only one of them at present is a trick rat, and knows how to stand on command. the others were all interested in reaching for the ball too, so perhaps this will be good for getting more of them interested in learning tricks too.

ANNE STOKES 3D Purse Wallet Black PVC Gothic Fantasy Mermaid 'Sailors Ruin'
ANNE STOKES 3D Purse Wallet Black PVC Gothic Fantasy Mermaid 'Sailors Ruin'
Offered by ripleys clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful purse with masses of space inside., 4 Mar. 2017
really great purse. I ordered this after seeing some in real life in a shop, but none of the designs being ones I'd choose. so I decided to see which other designs it came in.
One of the reasons I like this purse is the huge amount of storage. plenty of card slots in the open out front section (only complaint being that when all are used, the popper does not do up. but as they are securely held in there, this isn't a great inconvenience, the slots face away from the opening of the flap, so there is no risk of them falling out in your bag.
the zip section is similarly huge, and has even more card slots, ideal for your more used cards, as they are easier to remove than the ones in the outer flap. so, this section zips up, has a central divider with another zip to hold change, and plenty of room for most phones (this is a large purse) or any other small and flattish bits and pieces you might choose to keep there.
the lenticular on the front has a nice clear image, not as textured on the surface as they used to be, and the corners and dragon zip pull are lovely.
really love my new purse.

FindSomethingDifferent Moon Gazing Hare Tarot Bag Velvet Navy 180 x 130mm
FindSomethingDifferent Moon Gazing Hare Tarot Bag Velvet Navy 180 x 130mm
Offered by Find Something Different

4.0 out of 5 stars nice bag, 18 Mar. 2016
very pretty bag. a good size for oracle or tarot cards. my Froud Oracle cards fit snugly and easily inside.
the velvet could be of a better quality, but as it's relatively inexpensive, no need to quibble on that.
the embroidery is lovely.

Vintage Retro Leather Cover Notebook Journal Jotter Diary Blank Work BookString Nautical By FamilyMall
Offered by Sheng Cool

4.0 out of 5 stars nice little handbag sized notebook., 2 Feb. 2016
it's probably nicer than it looks in the pic. the brown isn't as dark as in the picture, more chestnutty reddish brown with a bit more of a shiny finish, but that's fine. I think it's quite smart looking. the inside of the cover has a soft, suedey texture.
the embossing on the cover is detailed, and the charms on the ties are also nicer than they look in the picture. they have a good weight. I was planning to take them off as I thought they looked cheaper and tackier than they are in real life. the detail on the charms is also on both sides, which I hadn't expected for the price, and having a fair knowledge of items used in making jewelry.
it's probably a little thinner than it looks in the picture. more pages can easily be added, or pages removed or moved around, which is nice. I have so many nice notebooks I can't bear to write in in case I "ruin" them. so this was part of the appeal of this.
overall I am quite pleased with this item, and at such a bargain price there is little to be disappointed in with it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Frame Drum, 14", with Beater
Frame Drum, 14", with Beater
Offered by SELECT ELITE

4.0 out of 5 stars nice enough economy drum., 11 Nov. 2015
I bought this drum to tide me over until I can do a drum birthing, which is rather more expensive.
wanted something to play with in the meantime.
so I bought one of these drums.
it's quite aesthetically pleasing, and the hold on the back is pretty decent.
for long periods of use, the rawhide type strips may get a little sharp, but they would not be difficult to pad out in some way if this was the case. they are quite nice and springy when the drum is struck, giving it decent resonance.
you can easily get different tones from varying areas of the drum.
the sound is pleasant, although a little on the tinny side. this may improve with age, I don't know. but it's good enough.
it fills the purpose I wanted it for. I was wanting something to play around with until I can enjoy the experience of making a drum, and having a strong connection with it.
but I do like this drum quite a lot, and I'm sure I will get plenty of use out of it, and will keep it in future after I have my better drum, so that friends can use it.
so overall, I'm very happy with it.

Derwent 2300671 Carry-All Canvas Bag with 132 Pencil Plus Accessory and Sketchbook Storage Capacity, Carrying Handles and Detachable Shoulder Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars The Carry All is made from a sturdy fabric, and on the outside, 1 May 2015
the Derwent Carry All in action.
The Carry All is made from a sturdy fabric, and on the outside, features a velcro closure side pocket, a removable shoulder strap, which is thick and sturdy, with a rubber shoulder guard. the strap is extendable, but doesn't actually extend very far, so not ideal if you like a longer strap. I am quite short, and it's fine for me.
the strap clips one end to each "side" of the bag, but doesn't interfere with opening it out flat.the carry handles have a wrap around velcro cover too. it is comfortable and easy to carry. it has a double zip across three sides to open out fully.
when opened, there is a zipped compartment, which can be used for sundries, such as sharpeners or erasers, or if you fill up the "pages" it can hold more pencils.
there are then three "pages" of sturdy material which easily holds flat, with elastic straps to hold pencils. the strap is stitched off at intervals that comfortably hold two pencils. it COULD hold three, but they would not lie as flat. these can be removed easily via a ring binder type clip. it is not too tough to open like some can be. this would allow you to have additional pages and take or leave the ones you feel like carrying with you that day, without emptying and refilling the pages. speaking of the pages, you CAN order additional pages through amazon easily enough. I am not sure how many more pages filled with pencils this would hold in one go. but a good two, maybe three more pages seems achievable. on the back cover of this, there is an elastic strap, which is designed to hold an A5 sketch book. a landscape layout one could be used inside this without having to remove it from the elastic, by hooking the back cover under the strap. it could also probably hold a smaller colouring book, like some of the postcard sets, or the mindfulness colouring book which is a smaller size than most. I don't have this book to check, but it seems reasonable that it would fit.
this section COULD also be used to hold the tins of 24 pencils easily.again, for additional storage, or if you have a set you'd prefer to keep all together (I had a bit of a dilemma on blending my sets by colour, or keeping my sets to themselves on each page. I was tempted to keep the watercolour pencils separate, but as they are easy to identify - the wooden looking ones with coloured ends, I decided to integrate)
all in all I think this is a great case. compared to normal pencil cases that can involve a lot of rummaging, that can in turn break leads and be difficult to see what colours you have, it's fantastic for seeing your options in front of you, and choosing between shades of a colour.
it is obviously designed with art on the go in mind, but even if you only colour at home it will make it easier to see your colours.
I first saw this at £15, and liked it but didn't think it worth the cost, but when a link for it at £7 on amazon was shared, I snapped one up. I'm glad I did.

so lots and lots of Pros.
Cons.
the strap could do with a bit more length for some people
well, I don't really like the colour. it's innofensive enough, and I might try painting it with something. would prefer green or even just a plain black.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2015 1:10 AM BST

The Tattoo Colouring Book
The Tattoo Colouring Book
by Megamunden

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, slightly let down by porous paper, and some designs going right into the spine. still a great buy., 8 April 2015
it's a nice thick A4 sized book, with a variety of tattoo flash style images.
the paper is a little porous, so may not work well using pens, which is a shame with the bold designs, however I use pencils anyway.
the paper is a more cream/ivory colour, with some pages being a darker ivory. many designs feature gold accenting, which is attractive, but makes it slightly less tattoo-ey, as we don't have metallic inks.
many of the designs are old school naval, or Japanese koi, dragons, demons etc.
some very lovely ladies, flowers, swallows and other birds, hearts and skulls.
some designs are left with few details, opposite another similar with many details, the implication being that they are to be filled in. eg. russian doll and russian doll with no patterns, tattooed boxer sparring with un-tattooed boxer, tattooed lady and un tattooed lady etc.
some designs go right into the spine of the book, which I feel lets it down a bit, as it's not a style of book that opens right out easily.
all in all though, a lovely book I look forward to colouring.

Mer World Problems: a coloring book documenting hardships under the sea
Mer World Problems: a coloring book documenting hardships under the sea
by Theo Nicole Lorenz

5.0 out of 5 stars fun and diverse for adults and children., 8 April 2015
bought this for a friend, and was impressed. it's only a slim book, but fine at this low price point
it's great, really funny, and the pictures have a good level of detail, for a cartoonish style.
the pages are one sided, making it a more versatile book in terms of what you use to colour. the paper is nice and white, and neither overly thick or thin, so if you use pens, you may want to put a sheet or two of plain paper in between it and the next page to prevent bleed through. the paper doesn't seem too porous, so may work well with pens or pencils alike.
also, the mer-people vary nicely in build, ethnicity, gender (seems about even between the maids and the mens) even including a two dad family and a mermaid and her whale friend with braces. so it's got a really lovely inclusive feel to it.
some of the humour may be lost on younger children, who would still enjoy the pictures. older children and adults would find this a lot of fun.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3