Profile for Zubin > Reviews

Content by Zubin

Zubin (The Netherlands)

Page: 1 | 2
Rumi: The Big Red Book: The Great Masterpiece Celebrating Mystical Love and Friendship (Rough Cut)
by Coleman Barks

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Feb. 2016
This book is interesting and inspiring... it's a 'have to have'.

Big Tales: All the stories in the 12 volumes of The Sufi Message of Hazrat Inayat Khan
by Hazrat Inayat Khan

5.0 out of 5 stars TEACHING STORIES, 18 Feb. 2016
Wow! Mansur has really put in a LOT of effort here, as not only do we have ALL the stories they are also cross referenced as to where they can be found in the writings (talks) of Hazrat Inayat Khan. If you like Mysticism, Universalism, or just like teaching stories, GET THIS BOOK!

Bound to Love: a memoir of grit and gratitude
Bound to Love: a memoir of grit and gratitude
by Skye Blaine

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a MUST, 18 Feb. 2016
Do you like TRUE stories? Stories that amaze you and fill you with awe for the capacity of a human being? Do you like to read of courage, true grit written with amazing authentic honesty? Then this book is for you!
If you work professionally with people this book may deepen your insight as to what it's like to be on the receiving end of your profession. Skye is breathtakingly honest and extremely intuitive. What a gift to be born to this Mother, what a gift and huge challenge to mother this wise child.
Skye's style as an author is captivating. I really didn't want to put the book down. She drew me in and through the book... and I can tell you I have a stack of half finished books. This one will be re-read :D it's THAT GOOD.
A GOOD READ, and the most amazing true life story.... it's a MUST!!!

A Murder at Armageddon: A Judas Thomas Mystery: Volume 1 (The Judas Thomas Mysteries)
by A.K.A. Chisti

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an AMAZING book. Suddenly we are transported to the Middle ..., 1 Oct. 2015
This is an AMAZING book. Suddenly we are transported to the Middle East, thousands of years ago, well at least 2 ;D. And as well as being involved in the mystery of 'whodunit'? We are offered information on rituals and their roots. Spiritual practices that can help and inspire us all all in the here and now. A GREAT READ

The Novice: A remarkable story of love and truth
The Novice: A remarkable story of love and truth
by Thich Nhat Hanh

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration to BE!, 22 Sept. 2012
This is an amazing story and so well told. The two contributions at the end by Sister Chan Khong and by Thich Nhat Hanh show us so clearly how we too can rise above our 'conditioned self' to manifest who we really are, the Compassion and Divine Unity that we all really ARE. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone and have done so already. If you haven't got it ... GET IT! It's a book you will return to again and again ;D

Hunab Ku: 77 Sacred Symbols for Balancing Body and Spirit
Hunab Ku: 77 Sacred Symbols for Balancing Body and Spirit
by Karen Speerstra

5.0 out of 5 stars A rich abundance, 16 Mar. 2012
I bought this this book because I enjoyed Karen Speerstra's book Sophia VERY MUCH. This is a wonderful book too. Not a book to just read through but a store of information, wisdom, symbols and more - gathered from many different traditions. I am very pleased with this purchase and thoroughly recommend it as a source of spiritual wisdom and support (ik can also be used for divination). I feel it is a book I will be visiting regularly for the rest of my life (and that's saying something!)

Prayers of the Cosmos :Reflections on the Original Meaning of Jesus's Words
Prayers of the Cosmos :Reflections on the Original Meaning of Jesus's Words
by Neil Douglas-Klotz

5.0 out of 5 stars A new experience of the Lords Prayer, 24 Feb. 2012
I first met this book nearly 20 years ago and I was so grateful for it. As a child in England I had struggled to understand the Lord's Prayer and had even tried to put it into words I could understand. I later became very disappointed in what I met in Christianity ... THIS BOOK helped me renew my living link with Christ and The Divine. The translations by Neil are amazing and bring great inspiration. There are 7 translations of nearly every line so you can make a prayer to suit you now, and re-make it again at another point in life. This book is a life companion.

Sufi Book of Life: 99 Pathways of the Heart for the Modern Dervish

Book of Tokens-Tarot Meditations
Book of Tokens-Tarot Meditations
by Paul Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Book of tokens, 27 Mar. 2011
A dip into mystical depths of the Tarot deck. Each reading offers greater insight, deeper knowledge. A must for the seeker of Wisdom.

Song of the Old Tides
Song of the Old Tides
by Barry Brailsford

5.0 out of 5 stars Honouring the passion and integrity of the indigenous people, 16 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Song of the Old Tides (Hardcover)
Barry Brailsford has created a book which with integrity reflects the passion, wisdom and beauty of the indigenous peoples of Aeotearoa (New Zealand). I cannot imagine that they could have found a better spokesperson.
The book is a wonderful tribute both to his skills and to the talents, wisdom and gifts of this people.
Zubin Nur