Profile for John S > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 899

John S
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Spy Tec G1W-CB Black Capacitor Edition Dashboard Cam| Full HD 1080P H.264 Car DVR Camera Recorder | Black Box Video Recorder | 120° Wide Angle Lens | Authentic NT96650 + AR0330
Offered by SpyTecInc

5.0 out of 5 stars G1W-CB Absolutely fantastic!, 28 July 2017
This G1W-CB dash cam is absolutely amazing. I had problems with an existing high street dash cam, which just randomly kept freezing during recording. So I thought I'd risk it by buying this even cheaper dash cam, and I am absolutely amazed! The video quality is absolutely superb, and it's already a lot more reliable than my previous dash cam!

The one I purchased was the CB, which is the capacitor black version, so it doesn't stand out at all like the one with the silver lens surround.

It's very easy to set up, and the wire is longer than enough! I just routed mine around my door seal and sun blind so it's out of the way. Less than 5 minutes and I'm all set up!

Once you turn your engine on, it turns on and quickly starts recording. Once you turn your engine off, it stops recording and turns off. You just leave it alone.

With all the insurance fraud going round, I think this is an absolute must have. Also, I tend to be able to not care when people tailgate me and then overtake me at twice the speed limit when I'm sticking to the speed limit when I have this recording...

Highly recommended!

Litvisn Car Vacuum Cleaners, Portable Handheld Wet & Dry Automotive / Auto Vacuums with extra HEPA Filter, 14 FT Power Cord and Carrying Bag for Pet Hair, Liquid and Dust - Black
Offered by LitvisnEU

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, nothing special., 17 July 2017
I purchased this because of the good reviews - but now I'm not sure why this has so many good reviews...

It's OK, but struggles, especially when you use the hose / extension to get to hard to reach places. Does pick up big pieces like stones etc though.

Nice bag and fits all the accessories. Would've preferred to have seen more suction, but it's ok. Saves me from having to use the vacuum cleaners at petrol stations.

I wish I spent a little bit more on a model that has more suction, but either way, this does the job.

Nextbase 112 720p HD In-Car Dash Camera Dashboard Digital Driving Video Recorder - Black
Offered by iZilla

3.0 out of 5 stars Nextbase 112, 16 July 2017
The Nextbase 112 is really easy to set up. I just plugged in the cable, and routed it through the glove box, the passenger sun blind and then placed the cable inside the passenger door seal to hide it - job done. Less than 5 minutes.

You could just plug it directly into your socket, but it's a bit annoying having the cable hanging down.

You then just place the suction cup next to your mirror (it's a very small unit) and connect the cable, then the camera itself just slides on and when you turn your ignition on, automatically turns on and starts recording. Amazing!

Now, this works a treat. It works by recording about 3 or 5 minutes of footage, and when your micro SD card is full, it will overwrite the oldest. The footage is clear enough to see who is in the wrong etc in the event of an accident.

I purchased this because there's a lot of insurance scams going round, and it could happen to me, so to be safe, if I have a dash cam I will be much safer. I'm not naming and shaming bad drivers because everyone including me makes mistakes on the road (that's how we learn). It's just purely in the event of an accident or if I become a victim of an insurance scam which sadly is a thing nowadays.

There is a park mode - which if I understand it right uses the internal battery and will start recording as soon as it feels an impact while you are parked up. Fantastic feature, IF only it waited for you to get out of your car, because when you slam the door shut it starts recording. Would've been better if it waited for about 1 minute before waiting for an impact.

Now, I ask the question "can you trust it?" because I've had an annoying problem recently where it will freeze recording (so the time stays stuck at say 25 seconds). I checked the footage, and of course it stopped then, so if I did have an accident while that happened, then I won't have footage. I've contacted Nextbase to see what they say about it - but hopefully a reset or something will fix it (although I tried that once).

=== EDIT ===
NextBase support was very responsive (responded after about 30 minutes on a Sunday!) and helpful. It looks like even though I just purchased this from a high street retailer yesterday, the firmware was very old, so they suggested that I updated it. Also, some memory cards don't work very well with dash cams, so they suggested I use SanDisk as they test using SanDisk.

It's a fantastic piece of kit which I highly recommend for any driver, although I might've spent a bit more on a better model which is hopefully more reliable, but this is great for starting out.

MANLEHOM Ultra Fast Instant Read Digital Thermometer for Kitchen, Outdoor Cooking, BBQ, Food, Meat, Coffee, Milk and Bath water temperature (White)
Offered by Manlening Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!, 25 Jun. 2017
Love this! I always get scared when cooking meats such as Chicken in case I don't cook it properly. Then when I do cook it, I burn it to make sure. This allows you to regularly check the meat to ensure it is cooked at the right temperature so you don't undercook or overcook it.

I use this every day and it hasn't let me down once!

Fantastic product!

World Of Flavours Italian 450ml Oil And Vinegar Bottle
World Of Flavours Italian 450ml Oil And Vinegar Bottle

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 25 Jun. 2017
I keep olive oil on this, and use it to drizzle oil into frying pans, a George Foreman grill etc. Works an absolute treat. Very easy to remove the lid and put oil in.

Gives you lots of control over the oil, so you can drizzle it all around a pan without getting too much in one area.

Highly recommended.

Monument 1460y Handy Plunger - Black One Piece
Monument 1460y Handy Plunger - Black One Piece

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver!, 25 Jun. 2017
Toilet sink was blocked completely, so the sink was half full of water. Pushed this against the drain and kept pushing and pulling, and in less than about 2 minutes completely unblocked!

Life saver! Where lots of drain unblockers didn't work, this did...

After this, I put some baking soda down the drain and white vinegar because this helps to get rid of anything that could be left over and slowing down the drain / blocking it.

Well worth the money. Has a lot of suction to it compared to the regular plungers you can get in DIY shops.

Never been so excited over a plunger before....

An Idiot Abroad - Series 1-3 [DVD] [2010]
An Idiot Abroad - Series 1-3 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Karl Pilkington

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! GUARANTEED TO CHEER YOU UP!!, 14 April 2017
You must get this, even if you don't know anything about Karl Pilkington! He is the funniest guy alive!

I always put him on when I feel stressed out etc from a hard day at work, and he always cheers me up!

Absolutely hilarious.

Not only do you get to laugh, you get to see the world, so it helps when planning your next holiday ;).

I find that he is actually very honest - so if he doesn't like something, he'll say it! Always useful when planning to go to a place he's visited in the show!

You must get it, I guarantee that you'll laugh!

Regatta  Stanton II Men's Outdoor Fleece Jacket available in Seal Grey 2X-Large
Regatta Stanton II Men's Outdoor Fleece Jacket available in Seal Grey 2X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for all seasons, 14 April 2017
A really good Fleece! I usually wear Berghaus, but now they are too tight (unfortunately they haven't shrunk, I've just got larger!), so I was looking for a decent price Fleece which would actually fit me.

First off - this looks very nice. It keeps you nice and warm, and is perfect for all seasons.

The zip is nice and smooth - I haven't had the zip get caught or anything yet.

Nice sized pockets which have zips, so you can put your wallet, phone etc in there if like me, you hate getting your hand stuck in tight jean pockets.

Highly recommended!

Panasonic RPHT030ES Monitor Headphones - Silver
Panasonic RPHT030ES Monitor Headphones - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars BLOWN AWAY!, 14 April 2017
I've had Beats and other expensive headphones, and so I didn't have much expectations for this, but I am absolutely blown away! I actually prefer these to my other headphones!

The sound quality is just amazing. The bass etc isn't too overpowering, but is just spot on!

I thought it would hurt my head when wearing these, but it doesn't. It feels very light and comfortable.

The wire isn't too long, so if you plan to plug these into a computer, you might struggle if it has to be plugged into the back.

Another note is that the connector isn't straight - it's a L shape. This is fine, but I found that I had to remove my phone case to get the headphones plugged into my phone.

Definitely recommend these! They fold into a nice portable size as well, perfect for travelling etc. My favourite headphones!

Hope this review helps.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2017 1:16 PM BST

200 Slow Cooker Recipes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook (Hamlyn All Colour Cookery)
200 Slow Cooker Recipes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook (Hamlyn All Colour Cookery)
by Sara Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars Frying pan? Yes, you need to use one., 20 Feb. 2017
A lot of the recipes in this book start off with "Put this in your frying pan first..." which to me defeats the objective of a slow cooker. I use my slow cooker to just chuck everything in, turn it on and let it cook (maybe I'm just too lazy?).

There are some very good recipes in the book, and you do need quite a few ingredients for the majority of them, but they are very tasty indeed!

There's a few recipes in there with difficult ingredients. By difficult, I mean ingredients I've never seen in shops before, but this is only a few recipes.

Recommended for anyone with a slow cooker - would even make a great gift!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16