Profile for ArchStanton > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
3D Printer Prusa I3 Auto Leveling Filament Monitor Aluminum DIY Kit HICTOP 24V
3D Printer Prusa I3 Auto Leveling Filament Monitor Aluminum DIY Kit HICTOP 24V

4.0 out of 5 stars Early days..., 13 April 2017
Hmm so far so...I'll tell you later.
I built it over two evenings of about 3 hours each, and I observed the following...
The printed part that is intended to guide the filament into the hot end was badly printed, and the filament would not go through the hole. So I had to manually carve and trim here and there to make it feed ok.
Then I spent a third evening setting up and tuning before attempting a first real print. Which came out fine - it was the test piece included on the documentation DVD.
However, then, and I'm not sure how it happened, it started - well, 'playing up' is the best way I can put it. I can't recall exactly what I was doing but a couple of times the X-axis reached the opposite end and tried to keep going, I had to power the printer off. Then, the auto-level went nuts and stopped about an inch and half above the bed and would not descend when I did an autohome. So I powered it off and went to bed.
Right so I had another bash the next day, I realised that the bed level sensor was set too high compared to the hot end so I adjusted it and the auto level and bed probe worked ok. I went to power it off to relocate it and the power switch would not function properly, it felt spongy and would not 'click'. Inferior build quality of a Halfords-type switch, but frustrating nonetheless. So I moved it, and plugged it back in, had to manually feed the filament, all looked ok, went for a print and...the filament now will not feed!! I try it without filament loaded using the axis move control, but no, the motor seems to be getting no signal at all. I suspected the motor of course, but connected the filament feed motor to the X-axis output and tried to move it - motor absolutely fine...so it seems as if the control board has given up sending signal or power to the filament feed motor. So I'll be contacting Hictop with a view to them supplying me with a replacement board as I have no other methods of testing.
I don't want to give up; I stared in wonder at the printer zzzz-ing and whirring when I was printing the test piece, plus I don't have further budget for a more expensive one. So I'll be pushing to make this one function as it should.
I'll let you know more news as I have it.

NEWS UPDATE
The bed-level sensor was faulty. This made it extremely difficult to diagnose what was going on but I got there eventually. Hictop replaced within two days and were extremely helpful in recognising the fault.
All good, we're back up and running. It's fiddly, reloading the filament is especially, so I will be upgrading to a borden-cable arrangement but so far so good. Well worth the purchase price and the enjoyment of building.

Sports Camera WIFI, SJCAM M10 WIFI Sports Camcorder, Underwater Waterproof Camera, [Comparable to GoPro Hero] Bicycle Helmet Cam, Car DVR Recorder [Novatek 96650, 12MP HD 1080P Wide-Angle Lens] + Variety of Stands/Mounts/Casing for Skiing, Snowboarding, Surfing, Hiking, Climbing, Extreme Sports by SuperStore_Electronics (TM)
Offered by SuperStore_Electronics

VicTsing 5 Pcs Mini SG90 9g Micro Servo Motor for RC Robot Helicopter Airplane controls Car Boat

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Jan. 2016
VGC and excellent VFM. A-AOK.

Plastic Glue Spreaders, PVA Glue Pack of 10
Plastic Glue Spreaders, PVA Glue Pack of 10
Offered by 123ICU

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Jan. 2016
Yep, they spread paint. And PVA.

X6 10Ml Syringes + Blunt Needles (Nozzels) For Refilling Your Ciss Ink Systems
X6 10Ml Syringes + Blunt Needles (Nozzels) For Refilling Your Ciss Ink Systems
Offered by Muzamedical

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Jan. 2016
Excellent for my printer's CIS system. Do yourself a favour, convert your inkjet to CISS and S-A-V-E

ThermoCafé Plastic and Stainless Steel Desk / Travel Mug, 450 ml - Pink
ThermoCafé Plastic and Stainless Steel Desk / Travel Mug, 450 ml - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars loved by the recipient, 21 Jan. 2016
Bought as a gift, loved by the recipient.

niceeshop(TM) High Quality Carbon Fiber Magnetic Propeller Balancer Prop for Quadcopter FPV Helicopter Airplane
Offered by niceEshop

20 Pairs of Moldex Spark 7800 Ear Plugs
20 Pairs of Moldex Spark 7800 Ear Plugs
Offered by HardwareForYou

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 5 Jan. 2016
Silence is golden. Very effective on my daily bike commute.

Andoer® Hobbywing 3A Switch Mode UBEC 5V 6V max 5A Lowest RF Noise
Andoer® Hobbywing 3A Switch Mode UBEC 5V 6V max 5A Lowest RF Noise

4.0 out of 5 stars super cheap, excellent, 5 Jan. 2016
used in off-road RC car to add some roof bar LEDs. Works well, super cheap, excellent VFM

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9