Profile for Bonnie > Reviews

Content by Bonnie

Bonnie (Sussex, England)

BOOSEY & HAWKES CHOSTAKOVITCH DIMITRI - PIANO CONCERTO NO. 2 OP. 102 - PIANO AND ORCHESTRA Classical sheets Pocket score
Offered by examdots uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Score of Shostakovich's 2nd piano concerto., 15 Jun. 2011
I ordered this Hawkes Pocket Score in the hope that learning to play the piano part of the slow movement of the Shostakovich 2nd Piano Concerto(which I love) would encourage me to get back into playing the piano. Bad choice! I should have realised that 'miniature' really does mean miniature! The score is for all the instrumental parts, the piano score being just one line on each small page, difficult to distinguish from that of the other instruments and in print so small that it is unusable unless I devise a way of playing the piano wearing binoculars. For me it's been a waste of money and a disappointment. Shame.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2016 2:58 PM BST

Miore Diamond Necklace, 18ct White Gold, Diamond Pendant, M0802W
Miore Diamond Necklace, 18ct White Gold, Diamond Pendant, M0802W

4.0 out of 5 stars Actual size photos, please!, 25 Sept. 2010
It's a quality product at a good price, chosen because I wanted 18ct white gold (not easy to find on the high street)and because it is shaped like an 8 - a lucky number. I like it: it is sweet and refined. The only downside is that it is much smaller than I expected. It looked larger on line. I wish the website would show jewellery in its ACTUAL SIZE. Measurements are given but don't mean much - a life-size photo would be much better...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2011 10:52 PM BST

C'est La Folie
C'est La Folie
by Michael Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars C'est la Folie, 27 Jun. 2010
This review is from: C'est La Folie (Paperback)
A read that is sheer delight. You will want to re-read it as soon as you reach the last page!

Best Poems on the Underground
Best Poems on the Underground
by Nii Ayikwei Parkes

5.0 out of 5 stars Poems on the Underground, 4 Mar. 2010
A perfect gift for yourself or a friend, to keep on one's bedside table and dip into before lights out. It's an eclectic mixture of poems, short enough to have been displayed on the tube train and chosen to appeal to the widest possible audience. A pleasure to have at hand and worth every penny.

Piano Concertos Nos. 2 and 4 (Loughran, Biret)
Piano Concertos Nos. 2 and 4 (Loughran, Biret)

5.0 out of 5 stars Saint saens: Piano Concertos nos.2 & 4, 5 Feb. 2010
If you are looking for classical music that lifts the spirit, that's full of fun as well as sweetness and that you will not tire of listening to, look no further than here. I have a large collection of classical music: this is a CD I would not be without. A perfect and inexpensive CD for treating yourself or others to joy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2010 11:34 AM GMT

Two Weeks in Another Town
Two Weeks in Another Town
by Irwin Shaw

1.0 out of 5 stars Irwin Shaw: Two weeks in Another Town., 5 Feb. 2010
I ordered this novel as a friend recommended it. I found it dull, boring, dated and a waste of time. I read it - a story of tempted infidelity in Rome - right to the end, hoping it would improve....and it didn't. Not my cup of tea, anyway.

With These Hands: A Collection Of Work
With These Hands: A Collection Of Work
by Pam Ayres

5.0 out of 5 stars Pam Ayres: "With these Hands: A collection of work.", 5 Feb. 2010
This collection of poems and anecdotes is a tonic of joy and fun, often making me laugh out loud. Her recollections of family life are very perceptive and often hilarious. It's a perfect book for treating yourself to simple fun or for giving as a gift: we can all benefit from laughter. I'm so pleased I bought it.