Profile for Louise > Reviews

Content by Louise

Louise (Horsham, West Sussex)

Trying: Love, Loose Pants, and the Quest for a Baby
Trying: Love, Loose Pants, and the Quest for a Baby
by Mark Cossey

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 19 Aug. 2016
I've been reading a lot of books about the struggle to conceive recently. This is by far the best one. Very funny. Very honest.

Cressi Aqua Shoes - Wet Shoes for Adults - Neoprene Water Shoes - Beach Shoes
Cressi Aqua Shoes - Wet Shoes for Adults - Neoprene Water Shoes - Beach Shoes

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing wrong, 19 July 2016
I bought Size 37 as I am a British size 4 and on all the conversion charts I've ever seen, size 37 = size 4.
These swimming shoes arrived and the label said size 37 / 5. They are too big. They are a British size 5, which should be a European size 38.
The actual shoes look good but they will fly off if I try and swim in them!

Girly HandBags Diamante Satin Pleated Clutch bag Evening Handbag
Girly HandBags Diamante Satin Pleated Clutch bag Evening Handbag

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bag for the price, 6 Dec. 2013
This is a nice evening bag considering the price. It is much bigger than I imagined and will hold all my bits and pieces without resorting to asking my other half to carry my belongings in his pockets! It does look quite cheap on close inspection, especially the diamanté detailing.
I was very disappointed that the satin wrist strap was not included with my bag. I don't particularly want to use the chain shoulder strap as it's a bit too edgy for my look. If the satin wrist strap had been there, I would have given this bag five stars.

Act Your Age
Act Your Age

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 6 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Act Your Age (Audio CD)
This is an absolutely fantastic album. It's really good fun to listen to (even more fun to play!).
Listen out for the quote from Rhapsody in Blue during one of the solo breaks in Backrow Politics (trumpet section feature).

Blues Brothers 2000
Blues Brothers 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original???, 15 Sept. 2002
This review is from: Blues Brothers 2000 (Audio CD)
This is a great album with some good fun songs on it. The album from the first film will probably always be better know, but the songs on this album are also great fun. The arrangements are fantastic.

Disney's Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour Classic
Disney's Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour Classic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, 15 Sept. 2002
This game is fantastic, particularly if you have been to Disney World recently. You really feel that you are racing around various rides in Disney World. The game is quite difficult, particularly the first track but once you get the hang of controlling your vehicle, and find out where the secret passages are, it's great fun. In order to complete the game 100%, there are quite a lot of hoops to jump through, you have to finish first in a race twice, then collect trophies hidden on the courses, and complete various other tasks. However, this just makes the game better value, it would take hours to finish it! You can save the game you're playing so you don't have to start all over again each time. All in all, a fun game, although if anyone knows where the eight trophy is on the Big Thunder Mountain course is...???

Disney's Mickey Mouse Saves the Day 3D Adventure Classic
Disney's Mickey Mouse Saves the Day 3D Adventure Classic
Offered by Satsumo

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Difficult !, 15 Sept. 2002
This game has excellent graphics and is really fun to play. It's nice to walk around Mickey and Minnie's home town and see their houses. However, to actually complete the game, it is incredibly difficult. I challenge anyone to be able to do it without consulting the Parents Hints and Tips. Then, you are told exactly what to do, so some of the fun disappears. Children will need help to complete this game. However, it is a lot of fun and the quality is very high.

We Were the Mulvaneys
We Were the Mulvaneys
by Joyce Carol Oates

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful saga, 10 Oct. 2001
This review is from: We Were the Mulvaneys (Paperback)
I have just finished reading "We Were The Mulvaneys" and I found it very interesting. It is a long book (c. 450 pages) and quite heavy-going at times, but there is always so much to think about. You get to see the story from so many characters' points of view and although you always have your own opinion on what happened, the author manages to convey everyone's different feelings so that we understand why each character feels that way, even if we disagree.
This is a book that really makes you think. See if you can read it at the same time as a friend so you have someone to discuss it with.

Cane River (Oprah's book club)
Cane River (Oprah's book club)
by Lalita Tademy

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Put It Down, 25 Sept. 2001
I very much enjoyed reading this book. I got it because it was recommended by Oprah's Book Club, and by using the reading and discussion notes on her website, alongside the book, I REALLY enjoyed the experience of reading the book.
It was absolutely fascinating to follow the lives of several women through slavery to freedom. Highly recommended.