Profile for Ryme Intrinseca > Reviews

Content by Ryme Intrinseca

Ryme Intrinseca (Dorset, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Climbing A Monkey Puzzle Tree
Climbing A Monkey Puzzle Tree
by Karen Wallace

4.0 out of 5 stars Think I took the title too literally!, 25 Jun. 2016
One or two of the other reviews express disappointment that the book seems to be aimed at children - to me, that was obvious from the cover and blurb. So yes, good for children of around 10-14, I would say. A decent story, the title caught my eye as I have a strange interest in monkey puzzle trees.

Not as well written as Jaqueline Wilson's books for the same age group in my opinion, but better than some of the rubbish that makes it into print. Definitely worth a read.

Neurocomic
Neurocomic
by Matteo Farinella

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good on my bookshelf!, 23 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Neurocomic (Hardcover)
'Never judge a book by its cover' comes to mind. This isn't really what I expected. It's nice enough and informative - and the cover really is beautiful - but I didn't find the contents as interesting as I'd hoped.

Cassanovum Early Detection Pregnancy Test - 10mIU/ml sensitive PURPLE Midstream (10 Test) ...
Offered by Cassanovum Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Will definitely stick with these instead of more pricey alternatives, 23 Jun. 2016
No idea why I bothered wasting a fortune on a ton of Clear Blue kits. These are great value and easy to use. I've not had any that haven't worked yet, but if I do it won't be too much of a problem as I bought a bundle so will just use another. Here's hoping the next one will show two lines for me. :)

Fashion Pasnew Waterproof Children Boys Girls Digital Sport Watch with Alarm, Chronograph, Date (Purple)
Offered by Ugoodmall

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 23 Jun. 2016
Lovely watch, but quite big for my eight-year-old daughter. She had a Pasnew watch previously but it wasn't quite so chunky. However, it's very good value for money and looks to be robust and hard-wearing.

Walther Grindy EA-201-W Slip In Album White 400 Photos For 4 x 6 inch, 10 x 15 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 23 Jun. 2016
Lovely quality, I bought this as a gift for my mother-in-law, who likes everything to be 'just so'. She tells me she loves it - and I don't think she'd be backward about telling me if she didn't, so I believe her! Highly recommended.

The Illustrated Mum
The Illustrated Mum
by Jacqueline Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best children's books I've read., 23 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Illustrated Mum (Paperback)
I'm the mum of an eight-year-old, and wanted to read this book through to see if it was suitable for my daughter (as it mentioned it was for older children). I was very pleasantly surprised. Unlike many children's books, it's not patronising, it's true to life and it has a strong storyline. Wilson doesn't shy away from dealing with difficult topics, and her stories are close enough to reality to be completely believable. I really came to care about the characters and may miss them a little now I've finished the book. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I'm seriously thinking of ordering some more of her books in order to read them myself!

I do feel my daughter's a little young to read it - but if she chooses to do so, that's fine. I think perhaps it would be good for us to talk about the issues it raises afterwards, though. She has already read many of JW's book that are aimed at younger children - e.g. Hetty Feather - and wil no doubt get to this one in time.

Revolution: The Complete First Season
Revolution: The Complete First Season
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Very undecided - good and bad points, 28 Mar. 2016
I'm torn... on the one hand, I find the idea of a world suddenly without power intriguing, and I love the sets/CGI used to portray how the landscape has physically changed. The characters are likeable too. I watched the first eight episodes within a couple of days, as I was hooked.

On the other hand, I'm on episode 15 of S1 now and I'm on the verge of giving up watching - there have been so, so many scenes where certain characters should have died without question. At least four times per episode some characters survive a barrage of gunfire or a knife fight which should surely have killed them, whilst at the same time they manage to kill about half a dozen 'baddies' with ease. There's only so far that suspension of disbelief can go, and the characters are becoming more and more cheesy and stereotyped as time passes!

I'm not sure... this probably isn't helpful, but all I can suggest is giving it a try and seeing whether you like it. I think I'll stick with it for the time being but I'm not sure I'll make it right to the end!

Star Trek The Next Generation: The Full Journey [DVD]
Star Trek The Next Generation: The Full Journey [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 31 Jan. 2016
Despite being a true Trekkie, I'd never seen TNG from start to finish in the correct order. I love this box set, and the geek in me really likes the LCARs-style menus. If I had to be picky, I'd say that a couple of the episodes seem to be either misnumbered or in the wrong order. Also I haven't found a way to get a whole disc to play right through, you have to go back to the menu between each episode. However, those tiny faults aren't enough for me to reduce the rating.

API 7 Day Holiday Feeder
API 7 Day Holiday Feeder
Offered by aquacadabra

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 31 Jan. 2016
This review is from: API 7 Day Holiday Feeder (Misc.)
I've heard that mature fish tanks are fine if left for a week or so without food being added, but nonetheless when I go on holiday I hate to think of my little fish being hungry! This is perfect for them, and feeds a medium-sized community tank for around nine days.

Luxury Black Silk/Cashmere Pashmina
Luxury Black Silk/Cashmere Pashmina

3.0 out of 5 stars Not colourfast, take care on first washing!, 31 Jan. 2016
A decent size and quite warm, but ended up costing me an awful lot of money as it's not colourfast... I unknowingly put it in with some other dark colours. Unfortunately some of the items were patterned, and without exception every part of the pattern came out of the machine as a dark purple/brown colour. Had to replace some of my daughter's school uniform as a result. Vanish wouldn't remove it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2016 1:44 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17