Profile for Louise > Reviews

The Wedding Ringer [DVD] [2015]
The Wedding Ringer [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Kevin Hart

5.0 out of 5 stars A good laugh!, 3 Mar. 2015
I saw this film in the cinema and I (belly) laughed a lot! My expectations for comedy are to be entertained, made to laugh and not feel like the film makers missed a trick by wasting the available comedy opportunities. This film hit the mark - it wasn't formulaic and I didn't walk out feeling like I could have done a better job myself - it's surprising how often I feel like this. Chris Hart and Josh Gad were a great duo in this film. I highly recommend it!

The Equalizer [DVD] [2014]
The Equalizer [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Denzel Washington
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing action/thriller! I enjoyed this film from the opening ..., 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Equalizer [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Amazing action/thriller! I enjoyed this film from the opening scene. It's classy, understated, action packed, and starring Denzel Washington - one of the finest character actors of our time - this is well worth a watch! Some of the scenes are hard to watch and highly intense, but that's all part of the enjoyment. I can't wait to see this again and watch the special features when it releases.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2015 5:38 PM GMT

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2: Revenge of the Leftovers [DVD] [2013]
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2: Revenge of the Leftovers [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Anna Faris
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A Feast For The Eyes!, 23 Jan. 2014
I took my neice and nephew to see this film - they are 9 and 6 years old respectively. I can tell you they both giggled away and thoroughly enjoyed this film. The film plays well to a broad age range, adults included. It's well animated - the 3D was good - funny and is full of great characters - the foodimals are hilarious! 5 stars!

World Without End [DVD]
World Without End [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Chaplin

5.0 out of 5 stars World Without End, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: World Without End [DVD] (DVD)
Having just read the poor write up for this series written by another reviewer, I feel even more compelled to express how fantastic I think this series is. I actually haven't read the book, so my review is based on the TV series and not how closely adapted it is from the book.

If you've watched and enjoyed The Tudors, Rome, Game of Thrones, you'll enjoy this. If you've watched and loved Ken Follett's The Pillars of The Earth you will love this equally. By all accounts it's not 100% based on the book, but regardless, this series is dramatic, tense, entertaining and visually stunning. As with a lot of quality TV these days, World Without End has a great cast, including Cynthia Nixon, Miranda Richardson, Ben Chaplin and Peter Firth. The series also stars a number of talented younger actors and actresses who will no doubt go on to do great things like Eddie Redmayne and Hayley Atwell from The Pillars of The Earth.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2014 1:34 AM BST

Courageous [DVD]
Courageous [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alex Kendrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart-Warming and Thought Provoking, 16 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Courageous [DVD] (DVD)
What a lovely film! Yes it's a faith-based movie, which may not be everyone's cup of tea, but religious or not, if you have a conscience and care about making a difference in the world, small or big, this film is an inspiration and a joy to watch.

Sometimes you watch a film and you feel robbed of the last 2 hours of your life as you've either learnt nothing or the film was lacking - this film makes you experience a range of emotions and leaves you feeling entertained and inspired to strive to be a better person. How many films can do that?

Franklin & Bash - Season 1 [DVD]
Franklin & Bash - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Breckin Meyer
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars Give This A Franklin & Bash!, 8 Nov. 2011
This is one of the funniest shows I've seen on TV in a while! If you're looking for a serious courtroom show, then go elsewhere. If you're looking for escapism, laughs and some eye candy, then Franklin & Bash has this in spades...

Mark Paul Gosselaar ("Saved by the Bell" - I have resumed my teenage crush for Zach!) and Breckin Meyer star in this, with great on screen chemistry, making the show a pleasure to watch. Looking forward to this releasing on DVD!!