Profile for Shazzeth > Reviews

The Human Centipede [First Sequence] (Directors Cut) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dieter Laser
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars A Wasted Opportunity, 21 Mar. 2011
This is such a unique idea, and an intriguing concept, but was badly executed. There is so much that could have been done with this film; but you find yourself watching the surgeon create his "creature" and then just marching it around a garden. Could've been so much more...

Antichrist [DVD]
Antichrist [DVD]
Dvd ~ Willem Dafoe
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 21 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Antichrist [DVD] (DVD)
Classed as one of THE most controversial films of all time; Antichrist was a real gamble for me, when I bought it. I had heard about it, watched the trailer many times, and figured "why not?". So I bought it, and settled down to watch.

Well, the opening scene is a complete masterpiece in itself. Beautiful camera work of an intense and very sensuous scene between the two main characters. It's an utterly breathtaking piece, and that is only the first five minutes!

From then onwards, the film gets better and better; interesting twists and turns, and without a doubt, an awful lot to think about! So refreshing. However, if you are easily offended, steer clear - this film contains real, and graphic, sex scenes.

Might I add; the acting is stupendous! Willem Dafoe is delicious =)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2013 2:57 PM GMT

Samsung S5600 ... Unlock To All Network - Vodafone Boxed - ( Absolute Black )
Samsung S5600 ... Unlock To All Network - Vodafone Boxed - ( Absolute Black )

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone; silly flaws, 21 Mar. 2011
I started using the S5600 when I began a contract in November 2009, and was instantly impressed with it.

The phone itself is extremely easy to use, like all Samsung mobiles tend to be, and it also looks really good. It's a nice size, and fits perfectly in your hand. It's also not too heavy.

The main difference between this, and my previous handset, was the touch screen. At first, I found it difficult to use, but within a week it was like I'd never used anything else! I would definitely never convert back to buttons! Without a doubt, an excellent touch screen system.

The 3.2mp camera is also very good, and I quite often use it instead of my handheld camera. Obviously, the picture quality isn't amazing, but it is more than adequate for what I need it for. The video recording function is also brilliant, and the sound recorded is always clear and never distorted.

My main problem with this phone started within a year of actually first receiving my phone. After just 10 months of using it, I discovered one day, that the sound no longer functioned. I cannot use ringtones, loudspeaker, or listen to any music on my phone, because (for whatever reason) the speaker has broken. I've never dropped or misused my phone, so I don't know how it happened. I do tend to have my alerts on vibrate anyway, but it's not the point.

Also, in recent months, I have had a lot of problems both locking and unlocking my phone keypad. No amount of pressing the unlock button will solve the problem, and I have to wait until it has finished having it's fit!

Those problems aside; this is an excellent phone and I would definitely look into getting a Samsung in the future.

The Road To El Dorado [DVD] [2000]
The Road To El Dorado [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Kevin Kline

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 26 Jan. 2011
I remember watching this film on tv when I was a kid, and absolutely loved it then!! More recently, I finally bought it and love it all over again. I could literally watch El Dorado all day, every day. It's fun, fast paced, and exciting. Both child AND adult friendly! Memorable, fantastic characters and a heavenly soundtrack (thank you dearest Elton!!). A Dreamworks triumph!

Lost Planet 2 (Xbox 360)
Lost Planet 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by scaddingk

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste Of Money, 26 Jan. 2011
I was so excited about getting LP2, but when i actually sat down and played, I was bored and confused. Just couldn't get to grips with it, which is such a shame because it's such a good looking game! The graphics are really fab, so I won't put those down. I just didn't feel there was much guidance to new players, and the storyline seemed all over the place. I had no idea what was going on, and in the end, couldn't be bothered. Three people in my household (myself, my game-addicted brother, and my boyfriend) all agree that this was a complete waste of money. Big shame.

Mirrors [DVD] [2008]
Mirrors [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Kiefer Sutherland
Offered by Telstar Entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Stuck In The Middle..., 26 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Mirrors [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I really love this film!! Until it gets to a certain point.

Everything about MIRRORS is fantastic. I love the acting, the characters and the story. It's very gripping, intriguing and scary in places. I found myself really enjoying it...until the main character goes off in search of a nun and they end up making stuff explode in the cellar. That, to me, completely ruined it for me. Too farfetched and ridiculous, in my opinion, and it shat all over a really decent film =(

I have also seen Mirrors 2, which I was at first avoiding, due to liking (most of) Mirrors so much. I didn't see the point in them remaking it so soon after Mirrors had been released. But one day, i did sit down and have a watch. Again, a really good film, but the beginning bored me haha! I, however, loved the end.

So, for me; combine the start of Mirrors, and all of it's characters, with the storyline and end of Mirrors 2 and you've got a cracking horror film!! Worth a watch, all the same. The bathroom scene is particularly creepy and gross, if you like that kind of thing.

The Abandoned [DVD]
The Abandoned [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anastasia Hille
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars May Become Abandonned, 26 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Abandoned [DVD] (DVD)
My boyfriend and I bought this on a recent horror binge (our favourite genre) and THE ABANDONED was one of my choices.

The film has a really interesting concept, which I liked a lot. However, it seemed to lack and certain something that I can't put my finger on. It didn't seem to flow properly for me, and my boyfriend got bored after the first half an hour or so.

Despite this, it's definitely worth a watch at least once. I won't be getting rid of it any time soon and will watch it again. Won't become an all time favourite of mine though.

Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii [DVD] [2003]
Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ David Gilmour
Offered by Film-Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Converted Me!, 26 Jan. 2011
Firstly, I would like to state that I bought this as a present for my Dad, for his birthday, so am writing purely on his reaction, and not of my own opinions of Pink Floyd.

Probably one of their most famous performances; Pink Floyd at Pompeii is pretty magical. The surreal setting fits in perfectly with the music they play on this DVD, and despite what a few other reviewers have said; I thought the quality was really good!

I have never liked Pink Floyd (despite being a big prog rock fan) but I did find myself drawn to watch this DVD with my Dad, and even downloaded Dark Side Of The Moon afterwards, which says a lot!

Something a lot of people need to watch and enjoy; definitely. I particularly enjoyed the candid film parts...especially Gilmour asking for a glass of milk. Rock and roll!

World Trade Center [DVD]
World Trade Center [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maria Bello
Offered by IDEAL

1.0 out of 5 stars 123mins Wasted, 25 Jan. 2011
This review is from: World Trade Center [DVD] (DVD)
My boyfriend and I bought this on the off chance that it might be a reasonable film. We were disappointed.

I knew pretty much from the word go, when I saw that Nicholas Cage starred, that it was going to be a train (or plane) wreck. But wow...

Just don't bother.

Cabin Fever [DVD]
Cabin Fever [DVD]
Dvd ~ James DeBollo
Offered by essentialbuys

2.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 25 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Cabin Fever [DVD] (DVD)
I literally only watch this film when I'm incredibly bored, and need a few laughs. The concept is ridiculous, the acting is horrendous, but there is something strangely compelling about Cabin Fever! Every time I watch it, I hate myself for it, and yet I watch it over and over again!

Great if you need a "horror" fix that can't be taken too seriously. Otherwise, don't bother haha!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9