Profile for Nik Watt > Reviews

Content by Nik Watt

Nik Watt "A walk without a dog is just a walk - but a walk with a dog, is an adventure" (Edinburgh)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
The Purple People Eater
The Purple People Eater
Offered by rapid17

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Stupidity, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Purple People Eater (Audio CD)
I often think a lot of bands or performers in general are full of their own importance, so when the lead of Deep Purple (whom I've met and taken photographs of when he went 'solo') sang "Purple People Eater" I just knew it was going to be great.

The track about Miami's a bit similar but still good.

High on Emotion: Live from Dublin!
High on Emotion: Live from Dublin!
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Pub Quiz, 17 Dec. 2013
Why is Chris De Burgh such a 'smash' in Ireland when he was born in Argentina?

Liked the songs and the audience participation.

Saw him with less than 50 others when he played a pub in Glasgow a few years' ago - got some shots but wasn't expecting such a unique venue.

Nothing would persuade him to 'do' "Patricia.."

Ex-Pro Sony NP-FM500H, NPFM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack For DSLR Alpha Camera [See Description for Models]
Offered by ExpressPro

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a battery, 17 Dec. 2013
Does what it says on the tin - nothing else. At least it was cheaper than buying 'the real thing' - but Coke wouldn't have lasted any length of time, nevermind longer?

Up [DVD] [2009]
Up [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Ed Asner
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Up for it, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Up [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I saw the film one dozy afternoon and was SO disappointed that I hadn't recorded it - so when I found it on Amazon (at a reasonable price!), I got it.

Wife couldn't see the attraction I had for it but maybe she's now such an adventurous soul as me?

Symphony No. 3 in C Minor, Op. 78, "Organ": II. Allegro moderato (Babe-Pig in the City)

4.0 out of 5 stars If I Had Words, 17 Dec. 2013
This tune is the basis of the song by Scott Fitzgerald & Yvonne Keeley that was used for the original "Babe" [before it went off into The City or elsewhere],

This version I 'got' with Soundhorn as the clips I could hear on Amazon weren't nearly as strong as I remembered (with the organ) but this IS the version with the strong organ!

[...]

Turning Forty
Turning Forty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fourteen Years' Ago, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Turning Forty (Kindle Edition)
I turned forty. I thoroughly enjoyed 'discovering' Mike Gayle on a foreign holiday a long, long time ago - before I got a dog for my Mum, and before I 'inherited' him.

Mike Gayle is seriously-funny all the time.

Ketevan
Ketevan

5.0 out of 5 stars Play On Words, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Ketevan (Audio CD)
There's one particular track which is very-clever with words that you're expecting turning-out to be another 'to keep it clean': It's the latest 'single' from it - listen carefully!

In Time
In Time

4.0 out of 5 stars Unmistakable, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: In Time (Audio CD)
You couldn't fail to guess the band, if you've heard anything by them before - good music to cook to too! [Alone!]

All That Echoes
All That Echoes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: All That Echoes (Audio CD)
I sent it back. I must've been thinking about somebody else.

He's a nice enough singer but not for me.

Thundershirt Anxiety Coat for Dog, M, Grey
Thundershirt Anxiety Coat for Dog, M, Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars Pets At Home, 20 Nov. 2013
If there was a 'no star', I'd have picked that.

It made no difference to my dog (a Border Collie) and when I passed it to a friend, who had a seriously overweight - IMHO - Lab' the result was the same, This second person gave the 'Thundershirt' to a third party and it made no difference to their dog either: It's a waste of money!

I wouldn't buy it if I were you. Not least because I cannot return it, despite trying to.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12