Profile for Xanthe > Reviews

The Huntsman: Winter's War
The Huntsman: Winter's War
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Some of my favourite actors: Emily Blunt, 25 Sept. 2016
Not sure why this was made. Some of my favourite actors: Emily Blunt, Charlize Theron etc, but a totally naff plot. What happened to the Evil Queen's brother from the Snow White film? Suddenly she has only ever had a sister? It was trite, predictable and boring. I am partial to a bit of Liam Hemsworth, but It was an effort to sustain the interest to see this to the end.

Canon PIXMA MG5751 5-ink All-In-One Wi-Fi Printer
Canon PIXMA MG5751 5-ink All-In-One Wi-Fi Printer
Offered by Ebuyer UK Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars No complaints and excellent customer service, 25 Sept. 2016
I ordered this printer as, sadly a water leak had damaged the Canon Pixma MG6450 that I have had for the past 2 years. I really liked that printer but did not want to pay the price of the newer model. The price of the MG5751 was about half of that. It has the same features except a slot for an SD card, but I have one of those on my laptop. Sadly the inks are different so I had to buy new ones and couldn't use the nearly new inks in the dead printer.
Having mastered the set up for a Mac (not too difficult at all) and printed some stuff, I turned it off. The next day it would not turn back on again. I phoned Amazon returns service and spoke to a very helpful lady, called Sarah, who ordered another to be sent out and delivered the next day (Sunday). She e-mailed the return labels and that was that. I sent the faulty printer back, the new one arrived the next day and it has worked perfectly since.
The set up inks lasted me about 2 weeks, or about 200 pages (rough guess). The set of XL inks cost considerably more than the printer, but it does everything I need it to. Scans to my laptop or a flash drive, copies and prints. The printing and copies are of a good quality and photographs come out really well. The draft printing is faster and uses less ink but the readability does suffer, but is ok for text documents. The inks are very easy to change. All in all. for the price (£49.99) I think that this is a perfectly good printer; and the customer service was excellent!

Pitch Perfect 2 [Blu-ray]
Pitch Perfect 2 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Anna Kendrick
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining and funny, but I think the first was better, 12 April 2016
Very entertaining and funny, but I think the first was better. There is less emphasis on the characters and more on events (as seems to happen in sequels) and I really don't like the 'winning song' . But it is still one of my feel good films to re-watch time and again. I love the Bella's competition, Das Sound Machine - the singing is amazing. Sadly very little of the Treblemakers.

Womens New Long Hareem Baggy Ladies Harem Trousers Elasticated Waistband Stretch Full Leggings Pants Mocha Size 8 - 10 (S/M)
Offered by Love My Fashions®

4.0 out of 5 stars ... is a petite UK size 6/8 and they fitted nicely. She is 5'1" and the length was just ..., 12 April 2016
I bought these for my daughter who is a petite UK size 6/8 and they fitted nicely. She is 5'1" and the length was just right, she wouldn't have wanted any shorter. The trousers are very soft comfortable - 'it feels like you're not wearing anything'. They are good value for money, but I do expect the waist elastic to twist and move eventually. Perfect for purpose, though.

Dotty Lime Green Polka Dot PVC Oilcloth Wipe Clean Tablecloth Rectangle - 134cm x 180cm (53" x 71") long
Offered by Jolee Fabrics

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colour, 28 Feb. 2016
Great colour - really cheers up the kitchen, goes well with oak. Good quality for the price. Really pleased with purchase.

Hi-Tec Waimea Falls, Women's Sandals, Chocolate/Sand, 6 UK
Hi-Tec Waimea Falls, Women's Sandals, Chocolate/Sand, 6 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but basic., 17 Sept. 2015
Fairly wide fit across the toes, so this was loose and could not be adjusted. Did the job as basic sandal for walking along beach and over the rocks but I would not want to walk any real distance in them - they are not that comfortable.

Jupiter Ascending
Jupiter Ascending
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment., 17 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Jupiter Ascending (Amazon Video)
The actors do their best with a terrible plot that has more holes than a sieve and a mediocre script. The special effects were good but didn't make up for everything else. I had been looking forward to seeing this but was so disappointed. I would have given only one star but the acting saved it: Eddie Redmayne (playing a fabulous villain), Sean Bean and Channing Tatum. I don't know if it was just how Mila Kunis decided to portray the 'heroine' or the script, but her lack of shock and incredulity was very odd, as was her total acceptance of new role (trying not to spoil story for you, so being vague) - basically she is a pathetic heroine.

Tortoise Wooden run/shelter by Easipet 494
Tortoise Wooden run/shelter by Easipet 494
Offered by Far East Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and value., 17 Sept. 2015
Good quality run. Fairly easy to make up - I did keep checking to make sure I got the hinges in the right places. I have put a base on it and am using it indoors. It provides plenty of room for my 4 year old tortoise to roam. Using an idea from a tortoise website, I have divided the open area up by using seed trays with substrate or large stones in. I have used a paint roller tray for water as it is sloped and easy for the tortoise to get in and out. These trays are easily taken out so cleaning and changing substrate is not a problem. I have put old towels in the covered area, which the tortoise happily burrows into (also easy to keep clean). I am very happy with this run. It was a very good price too - 50% less than other sites/sellers. I wouldn't hesitate to use it outside either.

The Mist-Torn Witches (The Mist-Torn Witches series)
The Mist-Torn Witches (The Mist-Torn Witches series)

2.0 out of 5 stars Complete disappointment., 10 Jun. 2015
Really disappointing. Poorly written story with so many glaring holes in the storyline. I only kept reading it as I really enjoyed the dhampir series, but this was tedious. I will not be reading any more Mist-Torn stories.

Grey's Anatomy - Season 10 [DVD]
Grey's Anatomy - Season 10 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ellen Pompeo

5.0 out of 5 stars Well if you watched the other nine series you'll want ..., 14 May 2015
Well if you watched the other nine series you'll want to watch this whatever I say! Lots of changes, and sadly lacking now Brooks has gone, but still addictive watching. When is series 11 out??

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4