Profile for GLB > Reviews

Content by GLB

GLB

Page: 1 | 2
Toshiba Satellite L50-B-1J6 15.6-inch Notebook (Red) - (Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, Skullcandy Audio)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase for the price, 21 Aug. 2015
I received my laptop well packaged and very promptly. I like the look of the laptop, though the casing does feel a bit on the flimsy side. I had no difficulty with setting it up, deleting bits I didn't want and navigating around Windows 8.1 (I had only Win 7 prior) although I would agree that this is more suited to a touch screen - using a mouse and the normal view though made it feel more like a Windows system I knew. I have found it extremely fast to start up and my only issue really is when Windows downloads an update it can take much longer to start afterwards (for the 1st time), and I have to reselect my "hidden" network every time! Apart from this I currently have no issues and am delaying upgrading to Win 10 until I learn more about the new system and their "spying" activities on everything you do on the computer!! For the price this is certainly a good laptop to consider and it will do what you want with todays "hungry" applications.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2015 1:10 PM BST

Wahl 9916-1117 Groomsman Rechargeable Hair, Beard, Moustache Trimmer Set
Wahl 9916-1117 Groomsman Rechargeable Hair, Beard, Moustache Trimmer Set

5.0 out of 5 stars but found it very good and ideal for my needs, 9 Aug. 2014
Does what it says on the package! Only used it a couple of times so far, but found it very good and ideal for my needs. The 'holder' really is too light and can easily be knocked over but apart from that I have no complaints about it. For the price certainly an excellent buy, which I would happily recommend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Headlight Adaptors, 21 Aug. 2012
Item is as shown and exactly the same as you would buy at any of the Ports or on-board one of the Ferrys......only much cheaper. Buy in advance and save yourself some money!

Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
Offered by TnsDealsUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragon Age Origins, 19 April 2012
I'm not a big gamer and wanted something I could get engrossed in - this certainly does it. Lots of turns and things to remember as you trudge your way through the different areas fighting the various hordes. Great fun for me and for the price excellent value.

AA Beam Converters Deflectors
AA Beam Converters Deflectors

5.0 out of 5 stars AA Beam converters, 19 April 2012
These are what they say they are - same as you would buy at the Ferry ports or on the Ferry only at much less price.

Hush Puppies Men's Sulphur Black 123710000700 7 UK Regular
Hush Puppies Men's Sulphur Black 123710000700 7 UK Regular

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppies Men's Sulphur Shoes, 19 April 2012
An excellent sturdy and extremely comfortably pair of shoes. I have bought these ones before and find myself going back for more! Usually I wear shoes out within 4-6 months - not these, my current ones are close on a year old and going strong. Definitely recommend these as good looking everyday shoes.

Hush Puppies Men's Navigate Black Leather Loafer H13912000 7 UK
Hush Puppies Men's Navigate Black Leather Loafer H13912000 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppies Men's Navigate, 26 Feb. 2012
Very comfortable pair of shoes with an extremely pleasing low price. High quality and robust enough for day to day wearing.

Kingston 4GB (SDC4/4GB) microSD HC Memory Card
Kingston 4GB (SDC4/4GB) microSD HC Memory Card
Offered by love Office Stuffs (VAT Reg.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Flash memory card, 20 Oct. 2011
Not a lot to really say about this except it does what it's supposed to do! Works fine and no problems thus far.

LG 42LD450 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with  Freeview
LG 42LD450 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with  Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars LG42LD450 42" Widescreen LCD TV, 28 Mar. 2011
Excellent TV which was exceptionally easy to set up. Picture quality is great and I am really impressed with it. Only slight downside for me is that it only has one scart connection, but worked around that. Big thumbs up from me as this is a lot of TV for very little money.

Compaq Presario CQ61-406SA Laptop PC (15.6-inch Display, Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD Turion II M520 Processor, 3 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics, up to 6 Hours Battery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compaq Presario CQ61-406SA Notebook, 13 Nov. 2010
Thsi laptop arrived extemely quickly and was amazingly easy to set up. There is already a recovery disc set up on a separate drive on the main hard drive, though I still created my own just for peace of mind (I have had a previous laptop Hard drive not able to start up at all without startup/recovery discs). The 3GB RAM it comes with is more than enough for most stuff you would use especially as this is a mid-range laptop. Not had any "overheating" problems which one or two others have mentioned and found it quiet running and extremely fast starting up - more so now I have removed a couple of the unnecessary programs! Not tried any games yet, but then it wasn't really bought for that. All in all a very good purchase at an extremely good price.

Page: 1 | 2