Profile for Plume de ma tante > Reviews

Content by Plume de ma tante

Plume de ma tante "Elise" (Durham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
You And Me, Always: The No. 1 Bestseller
You And Me, Always: The No. 1 Bestseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Jun. 2016
As always the words of Mrs J Mansell shine from the page. Wonderful

Afternoon Tea at the Sunflower Café
Afternoon Tea at the Sunflower Café

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderfuly sunshiney read, 18 Jun. 2015
Having been given an early copy of this book, I have been anxiously waiting to write a review. I didn't think she could top Teashop on the Corner but this is up there with her best books. The Sunflower Cafe is the place where a group of cleaners gather every month to bond over tea and scones. It's the place where their matriarch Hilda can be found and she is the cork in the bottle of a plan that needs her cooperation to work.

AFATSC is the story of three women who haven't had the best they should in life. Under normal circumstances they wouldn't gravitate to each other but these are not normal circumstances. Della has been in love with her boss Jimmy for years. Connie - Jimmy's wife - is unaware that he has been unfaithful to her for the whole of her marriage until Della spits that fact out to her in rage. Thus births an unholy alliance forged in bitterness. Yet out of their plotting emerges true friendship and respect. And the thrid woman - Cheryl - a simple soul who you so want to have a break, is given a wonderful gift - but then, as seems to be Cheryl's lot in life, it all goes horribly wrong.

I loved this book because it was a true Johnson journey with warmth, some great laugh out loud moments (hippo), some moments were I was reading with blurry wet vision, a beautifully drawn cast, a twisty plot and a big fat sigh at the end. Though I wanted more. Everyone felt so real to me. I felt as if I could walk down a street and bump into these people. It was a joy to read, pure sunshine in book form, and I absolutely loved it.

JUMBO CALCULATOR SILVER
JUMBO CALCULATOR SILVER

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly awkward to use but still great, 5 Jun. 2015
You won't lose this in a hurry! Slightly awkward to use but still great fun

Ladies Who Launch
Ladies Who Launch

5.0 out of 5 stars Light as a sponge cake and just as sweet, 5 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Ladies Who Launch (Kindle Edition)
A sweet little story bridging the tale of Angie and Selina with her new book, which I cannot wait to read. I was satisfied with Here Come The Boys as I imagined what would happen when the ladies returned to the Mermaidia but I was absolutely thrilled to find out that Milly had written a sequel (and it was more or less on the same lines as I had imagined). A treat.

Me and Mr Jones
Me and Mr Jones
by Lucy Diamond

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Me and Mr Jones (Paperback)
Sister bought this for my birthday and I couldn't put it down. A wonderful story with lovely characters. I'm a fan.

The Wedding Dress (short stories)
The Wedding Dress (short stories)

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - the Freya story :), 6 Nov. 2012
Bought this because I really wanted to find out what had happened to Freya at last and what a lovely story it was. Enjoyed the stories maybe because I had read White Wedding. Like Milly's stories when I read them in women's magazines. Maybe she should do a big book of them. The taster of winter flame is good and made me buy it.

Keeping Mum
Keeping Mum
by Kate Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Uplifting Read, 21 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Keeping Mum (Paperback)
I am a big Sue Welfare fan and am so pleased she hasn't stopped writing, but is now writing under a different name. If you haven't read her books, do because she is a master at unfolding a plot with humour and skill. Just a wonderful, smily, uplifting book.

Adrian Mole: The Prostrate Years
Adrian Mole: The Prostrate Years
by Sue Townsend

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 Nov. 2009
I was disappointed with the Mole book before this one but this more than makes up for it. Brilliantly written with pathos and the best humour and even uplifting. This CANNOT be the last Mole book - we need more. I snatched it from the shelf when I found it there and read it greedily. Just wonderful

Pigeon Italian: Almost Get by In...Italian (Almost Get By in)
Pigeon Italian: Almost Get by In...Italian (Almost Get By in)
by Kenneth Griffiths

2.0 out of 5 stars wasted opportunity, 26 July 2007
Nice idea in principle - but what a wasted opportunity not using both sides of the card. Expensive for what it is and not enough on to be much use - the info could have been doubled up. What a shame.

Canon MP600 Advanced All-in-One Mini Photo Lab with 6.3cm Colour TFT Screen
Canon MP600 Advanced All-in-One Mini Photo Lab with 6.3cm Colour TFT Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I ever cope before this machine, 22 Mar. 2007
Bought this after replacing the print heads in my old HP machine was going to cost me more than buying a new machine. Bought it entirely bassed on the Amazon reviews because I am technically rubbish. My only fault about this machine is that there is no fax - but everything else is just worlds apart from my previous printers. Scans in fantastic (especially old photos which seem to 'mend' on screen) It's like a toy for me because of the special effects I can do with photographs - and trust me, it has to be easy for me to do anything fancy! Printing is sharp and fast, scanning is a dream. Really can't recommend it highly enough. Can't comment on the print cartridges cost yet because I haven't got to that stage, but I've printed off loads of stuff - so they go a long way, however much they cost.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4