Profile for Baggie Dave > Reviews

Content by Baggie Dave

Baggie Dave (Kingswinford UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
57th & 9th [Deluxe]
57th & 9th [Deluxe]
Offered by MediaMerchants

1.0 out of 5 stars The lyrics are not too bad but musically it is just dull, 21 Nov. 2016
This review is from: 57th & 9th [Deluxe] (Audio CD)
I am a big fan of Sting but this is simply awful compared to his previous work. Either he has run out of ideas or has become lazy. Even the single (I Can't Stop Thinking About You) is disappointing. The lyrics are not too bad but musically it is just dull. This album will be confined to gather dust on a shelf and is best forgotten.

Beautiful Goodbye
Beautiful Goodbye

5.0 out of 5 stars A Thing Of Beauty, 13 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Beautiful Goodbye (MP3 Download)
it takes me time to form an opinion on an album. It took around ten times listening before a conclusion was reached. I love a good ballad and this album is crammed with them, well written and performed. At least half the tracks are outstanding in particular 'Suddenly', 'Have A Little Faith' and 'To My Senses'. Overall this is a work of beauty and if you like Richard Marx ballads then you will most certainly like this.

Toto XIV (Bonus DVD)
Toto XIV (Bonus DVD)
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars TOTO....at their BEST, 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Toto XIV (Bonus DVD) (Audio CD)
WOW!! totally blown away by this album. Ultimate professionals TOTO have produced one of their best albums ever. Is it a follow up to TOTO IV? For me it comes close with a range of songs that are modern but also take you back to the late 70's and the early days. 'Chinatown' is a brilliant link to the past. Steve Porcaro's 'The Little Things' is just beautiful and the Williams/Paich song 'Burn' and hauntingly fabulous. It took me probably half a dozen listens to appreciate how good this album is, which indicates to me the music has depth. Paich, Lukather, Porcaro and Williams wanted to produce the best album they could and they have far exceeded that. It may not have spurned a 'Rosanna' or 'Africa' but the overall quality of this album shines through. Almost 40 years on these guys have still 'got it'.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge Disappointment, 12 Oct. 2014
I had high hopes when I read the only review on this product. Unfortunately it never touched my grill. I ended up using a Brillo pad, as nothing else touched dried grease.

Global tvLINK Magic Eye for Sky Satellite - Black
Global tvLINK Magic Eye for Sky Satellite - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking bit of kit!, 29 Aug. 2014
Very good product that works really well! A tip for users in that if your picture quality is not very good try changing the channel you use. A very inexpensive way of getting SKY on to a second TV.

Selle SMP Big Bum Sprung Comfort Bike Saddle
Selle SMP Big Bum Sprung Comfort Bike Saddle

5.0 out of 5 stars Took the tears from my eyes, 15 Dec. 2013
This product is very good indeed. The one that came with the bike was more like a razor blade than a saddle which forced me to seek a replacement. It arrived very quickly and was very easy to fit. Most important thing of all is that it is very comfortable and hence no tears when I peddle away on my bike.

History Of The Eagles [3 Disc DVD Deluxe Edition] [2013]
History Of The Eagles [3 Disc DVD Deluxe Edition] [2013]
Dvd ~ Eagles
Offered by momox co uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling Viewing, 11 Aug. 2013
This DVD (especially the documentaries) are the perfect addition to the novels 'To The Limit' and 'Heaven and Hell' (Don Felder). I found it compelling viewing and for anyone that wants to know what went on behind the scenes then this is for you. As for the politics I found it very interesting. I have some sympathy for Don Felder but feel he shot himself in the foot. Henley & Frey were I feel the main reason why The Eagles had so much success and I understand why they wanted a larger slice of the cake.

Let's Change the World
Let's Change the World

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, 11 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Let's Change the World (Audio CD)
This is typical Prefab Sprout. There are no outstanding tracks (single material) but virtually all of them are good songs with catchy hooks. It did take time to grow on me (about 6 listens) but I made the right decision to buy it. For Prefab Sprouts fans, I am sure you will like this album and some may even love it but for me it is an average album.

Transition
Transition

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet, 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Transition (Audio CD)
This for me is 'Luke's' best album so far. This guy just gets better with age. I do feel the album should have been called 'Transparent' as Luke seems to pour his heart out in many tracks. There has been a steady evolution with Luke's albums and this one is smoother and even has a track that has a jazzy feel to it. If you listened to the last two albums; 'Ever Changing Times' and 'All's Well That Ends Well' then you will enjoy this to.

Exile (Deluxe)
Exile (Deluxe)

5.0 out of 5 stars It gets better with every listen...., 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Exile (Deluxe) (MP3 Download)
This is a stunning follow up to Happiness and seems to get better the more I listen to it. The reviews on here are a bit mixed so I was undecided as to whether to buy or not. What really decided it for me was that some kind soul has uploaded the whole album on to `Youtube'. I listened to it three times and that convinced me to go and buy.

One word of warning. Do not judge the album instantly, give it a few plays and it will grow on you as it certainly did with me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3