Profile for Cheryl > Reviews

Content by Cheryl

Cheryl

Page: 1 | 2
Don't Look Back (A Lake Howling Novel Book 5)
Don't Look Back (A Lake Howling Novel Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest from lake howling:-), 17 Dec. 2016
I volunteered to read an arc copy of this story as I have been inpatiently waiting for this book since binge reading the rest of the series a few months back. Both the lead characters have featured in the earlier tales so reading the other books would add background but it is totally possible to read this as a standalone story. Both brad and Macy have emotional baggage from previous life events and we see them work through these. It is an absorbing book and you can imagine yourself living in lake howling. Some plot lines are left open such as the Buchanan land issues and brad and Ethan's family issues. I hope we see the outcomes as the series continues. The next book is newmans story and I would start it right now if I could! I hope this series continues as each book allows a catch up with the characters from the previous stories and it's nice to see the lives and dynamics of the town.

Bourbon Springs Box Set: Volume I, Books 1-3 (Bourbon Springs Box Sets)
Bourbon Springs Box Set: Volume I, Books 1-3 (Bourbon Springs Box Sets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stories, 23 Aug. 2016
I picked this box set up for free and didn't have especially high expectations. They stories are actually very good, they keep you hooked. The characters are well developed although a couple have seemly dramatic personality changes! Def with a read. I love that each book is a proper length story that can be read standalone if desired. Nothing worse short serial cliff hangers.

It Only Took You (A Lake Howling Novel Book 4)
It Only Took You (A Lake Howling Novel Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lake howling number 4 - loved it:-), 16 May 2016
I had been waiting for this book very impatiently ever since reading the first three lake howling stories. I love the town that the author has created, there is a real sense of the bonds and relationships which I think gives a whole new dimension to the stories.
At moments I wanted to shake both lead characters for different reasons. Cubby really believes he is like his father and consequently doesn't think he should have a relationship with anyone. Katie believes she has something to prove to her family as well as having been recently involved in a shooting while working as an LA cop. They finally find their way to each other but not without some drama along the way. Cubby has been a fixture in the 3 previous novels whereas Katie had been living in LA. This meant it took me a little time get to know her but was loving cubby from page 1.
I can't wait for the next book in this series, there is a small sneak peak at the end of this story which made me really want to keep reading.
There are so many characters that I hope will get their own stories, I hope there are many more books to come centred in the vibrant community that has been created.

Closure: Jack Randall #1
Closure: Jack Randall #1

5.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 26 Mar. 2016
I was gripped by this story and so I am giving it 5 stars. However I do think that I found jack quite one dimensional and found Sam the more interesting and developed character. I feel I would be more likely to purchase another book if he were the recurring character. I did skim so of the highly detailed passages regarding the stocking of forensics kit and the tooling of gun barrels. Overall a good story worth reading.

Lightning Strikes Part 1 (36 Hours)
Lightning Strikes Part 1 (36 Hours)

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate these sectioned up stories would rather buy 1 proper book, 6 Feb. 2016
Stories are good but the price of buying all the tiny sections is astronomical. It's like paying for every chapter

Alexander & Rebecca (Royals of Valleria #1)
Alexander & Rebecca (Royals of Valleria #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 6 Feb. 2016
I downloaded this on a whim as I scrolled through the free kindle books. I am very glad I did as I loved this book and I have found a new series which is enjoyable to follow. Each book finishes a story though so no horrible cliff hangers. Each book is a proper story:-)

The Texan Meets His Match (Lake Howling Book 2)
The Texan Meets His Match (Lake Howling Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series but can be standalone, 6 Feb. 2016
Really enjoyed reading this series one after the other. I thought we saw greater depth to both characters within the story. I really wanted Ethan have a proper fight with his father cus he was an idiot! I have high hopes that there will be more stories in this series, hopefully for the siblings of both Ethan and annabelle.

Charlotte & Nate (Royals of Valleria #4)
Charlotte & Nate (Royals of Valleria #4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, just not my favourite so far, 6 Feb. 2016
Not my favourite book in this series but still good and worth a read. I felt that I just didn't get as gripped by Charlotte as I had by all the previous characters. The excerpt from book 5 does make me want to read it.

Arianna & Finn (Royals of Valleria #3)
Arianna & Finn (Royals of Valleria #3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good continuation of the series, 6 Feb. 2016
Good book which I enjoyed. I honestly wasn't sure that I would as arianna hadn't been mentioned much in previous stories and I was impatient to get to cats story but I am glad I read this. I like and appreciate that each book is standalone and although they are part of a series there are no cliff hangers to try and force further purchases.

Skechers Gowalk 2 Women's Trainers, Grau (Gry), 5 UK
Skechers Gowalk 2 Women's Trainers, Grau (Gry), 5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 6 Feb. 2016
My mum loves these shoes, these are her 3rd pair. They do fit differently to other Skechers and she always buys a full size down from normal. The reason for the 4 stars is that there is a weakness around the toe area which is the reason for the repeat purchase.

Page: 1 | 2