Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Heaven Under Your Feet: Pregnancy for Muslim Women
Heaven Under Your Feet: Pregnancy for Muslim Women
by Umm Hasan Bint Salim

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Advice for all New or Awaiting Muslim Mums to be., 5 July 2009
This book is truly enlightening, providing caring and encouraging advice for first time Muslim mothers-to-be. I'm not even a mother, nor am I pregnant, but it's given me a drive to straighten myself up well before children enter my life! It provides both general and spiritual advice, such as how to start making everlasting impressions on ones baby months before birth; what and how we can prepare our birth-plan, and reminders of the things we must pay special attention to during our visits to the hospital. It provides commical examples throughout, but constantly reminds us of our duties as Muslimahs. It also provides many useful dua's to be used throughout the stages of pregnancy ensuring we give ourselves and our newborns the best start to our new lives.

Jewish History, Jewish Religion, the Weight of 3000 Years (Pluto Middle Eastern Studies)
by Israel Shahak

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, a must read for all!!, 24 July 2007
I was loaned this book by a friend of mine some years back. As i began reading the book, i was hooked. It contains some very valuable information. The kind of information that is normally held back and difficult for us to research, as it requires the ability to read and understand hewbrew. Which most can not do. I have read many of the so-called rebutals available all over the web, but it seems they do anything but present a reasonable rebutal. Many a times, they are even just filled with name-calling and wild baseless accusations against Israel Shahak (i think his credentials speak for themselves). And many a times the so-called rebutals just rely upon our ignorace of the hewbrew language and inability to research for ourselves. Besides, there are also many counter rebutals for the arguments that are generally presented. My advice is, you do the research yourself as far as you are capable of doing, and judge for yourself. Do not let others dictate to you what you should believe or hold to be true.

I have had the information verified be certain Jews of the orthodox community. The information is shocking and once one has read it, suddenly the basis for many of Israels policies will become clear. So much will begin to make sense. This is one of them books they do not want you to read.

If i remember correctly, i believe the book is also available online to read. Not sure though. You will just have to do a google search to see what you can find.

The book just to put it briefly, is a historical analysis of Jews throughout history and their roles. As well as a critical look at certain passages from the talmud (a commentary on the Torah). What it contains, and how certain passages have been interpreted. For example, the law regarding the permissability/impermissability of murdering a gentile. How this has effected Israeli policy. Letters written to Rabbis from soldiers asking regarding the Jewish position of killiing gentiles in war, including women and children, the answers given by Rabbis is also translated. The information is frightening. A real eye-opener!

Evolution Deceit: The Scientific Collapse of Darwinism
Evolution Deceit: The Scientific Collapse of Darwinism
by Harun Yahya

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath-taking and an amazing read!, 31 Jan. 2007
This book can seriously change your life. It is not boring either like some can be. It deals with all of the issues surrounding the theory well, but the language is kept simple enough for the lay man. Harun Yahya has done a great job in researching and providing the evidences that completely break down the theory of evolution, making it crystal clear that the theory has no real basis behind it.

I even went to online forums and used many of the points raised in the book, with the evidences provided, and presented them to the 'believers of evolution'. Many of whom would begin by mentioning their credentials (being in science related fields, seemed like they were trying to intimidate me). Yet when i presented these arguments and evidences, either i got told that i didn't know anything, not to listen to creationists or was simply ignored. But in all cases, none of them could refute the arguments/evidences and many a times just ignored them. When i pushed for answers, telling them to deal with the issues rather than where it came from...all i got in return was silence.

I gave these people an oppurtunity to give a refutation. But having seen no real responses (even from those claiming to be scientists), it seems clear that evolution is nothing more than a big lie. Why people support it? I can't comprehend. Science just does not support it, rather it refutes it. No wonder many leading scientists have begun to see it as a philosophy and not as a science. Evolution is a baseless philosophy, science it can not be.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2009 6:04 PM BST