Profile for Dan > Reviews

Content by Dan

Dan "DanMassa" (Manchester)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
KANGO FITNESS - Unisex Leather Wheelchair Gloves All Sizes (Large)
KANGO FITNESS - Unisex Leather Wheelchair Gloves All Sizes (Large)
Offered by Kango Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice gloves, 13 Jun. 2016
I've gone through a few pairs of similar gloves to these since I had to use a wheelchair and these are by far the best. I've used them daily for around a year now with barely any signs of wear. The velcro is a little worn but has no impact on my usage.

Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 5-Port PCI Express Card and 15-Pin Power Connector, Mini PCI-E USB 3.0 Hub Controller Adapter, with Internal USB 3.0 20-PIN Connector - Expand Another Two USB 3.0 Ports - [ Include with A 4pin to 2x15pin Cable + A 15pin to 2x 15pin SATA Y-Cable ]
Offered by Inateck

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 13 Jun. 2016
It works and having extra USB 3.0 ports is always a great thing. My only gripe is that for some reason it doesn't actually start up until the OS has booted - I had my keyboard connected through this and it wouldn't work for things like selecting boot drives or launching the BIOS. If those things concern you then I guess you can't use a keyboard with this. Other than that it's a fine product

Concept4u 3/4" 19mm Rubber Walking Stick Ferrule Protector - 4 Pack ( Cane Crutch Bottom End / Chair Feet / Stool Leg Ferrules )
Offered by White Hinge Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Only lasts for a few hours, 13 Jun. 2016
Got a pack of four. The first wore through in less than a week, the second worse through in less than a day. Utterly awful and complete waste of money. Avoid

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 18 Jan. 2014
I thought that spending more money on a printer would land me one that actually works but sadly the technology to make a decent printer seems to be beyond us.
It does have some decent features but not anything spectacular; wireless printing, scanner & two-sided printing, as well as a bunch of useless features such as asking it to print a cartoon strip.
This printer has many problems though. First, it takes ages to start up and a single document can take over a minute to print as a result. Second, the paper feed also frequently jams. Third and by far the most infuriating is the constant connectivity loss. Whether using a wired or wireless connection I often can't connect from my PC to the printer to print, or from the printer to the PC for scanning. The only way to reconnect in this case is to reboot the printer which can take a while. By far the most infuriating though is when connectivity is lost while scanning a multi-page document, meaning I have to start all over again.

I'm very disappointed at the quality of this thing given the price, it seems you get virtually the same quality and functionality with a £30 printer as you do with a £120 one.

Jak and Daxter Trilogy (Playstation Vita)
Jak and Daxter Trilogy (Playstation Vita)
Offered by Turbotrance

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible port - get on PS3, 18 Dec. 2013
It's very rare that I stop playing a game and delete it in disgust but that's what happened here. For a studio like Naughty Dog to release such a broken game is quite shocking really. The constant framerate issues, poor textures and low resolution I can cope with but the controls are incredibly floaty and imprecise, something that is gamebreaking in a platformer that relies on precise controls. Just to give an idea at how bad it is, online guides estimate 7-8 hour to platinum for Jak 1. I'm normally slightly under time with such estimates, but I'm 6 hours in and haven't left misty island. The crap controls are the reason for this - I can't see what I'm doing or where I'm going, and half the time the game either doesn't do what I want, controls kick in with far too much lag or he just slides around like it's an ice rink.

If you want to experience this game get it on PS3. It's the best version and is cheaper. This is just a horrendous port and as a result, one of the worst games I've ever played. Second star goes for the humour, the one thing the clowns working on this port couldn't ruin.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recomment highly enough, 16 July 2012
It took me about a microsecond to adapt to this mouse. It is wonderfully ergonomic and fits comfortably into my hand. You don't need to reach for any of the buttons and the BlueTrack works excellently on every surface I have tested it on. It is portable enough and whilst it isn't in the usual mould of stunning aesthetics common with the latest Microsoft tech, it looks well enough.
I use this for my laptop as I am not overly keen on touchpad trackers. The reciever is tiny and is barely noticable when plugged into the side. Installation was easy - you do have a proer installation but you can plug and play just fine. It uses a single AA battery, unlike many that use AAA batteries, which I never seem to have! When gaming, at least what the limited specs of the laptop allow, it is perfectly responsive and I don't recall a single issue with lag. In fact, it's as close to perfect as I can think. The only issue is the lack of a forward button on the side - it only has a back button, however this is quite common and I've become used to it. If you're looking for a near perfect mouse at a very good price, buy this one.

Microsoft Arc Mouse - Black  (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Arc Mouse - Black (Retail Packaging)
Offered by CRONY

2.0 out of 5 stars Regret falling for the looks!, 16 July 2012
I'll be honest, I wan't thinking very logically when I purchased this. Various tech sites have given this very average reviews but, face it, it's a beautiful design for a mouse. That was my downfall and I wasted forty quid on an otherwise poor mouse.
First issues were apparent instantly. It is not at all comfortable to use. there is no ergonomic design to speak of, meaning it is never comfortable to use and took a long time to get used to. I put up with it as it looked so good on the desk. However once the other issues surfaced I started to lose my patience. Firstly it goes through batteries alarmingly quick and the pointer seems to variably responsive - meaning that the same motion can at one point move the pointer across the screen, and another time will only move two inches. Sometimes it wont move at all or seems to be switched off. The same applies to the scroll button - erratic. I have a decent mouse mat so there can't be any issues with the surface, but this mouse really doesn't do the job. And don't even get me started on gaming... too late.
I understand that a dedicated, wired mouse is preferable when gaming and there is inevitably a tiny amount of lag whenever wireless technology is used, but as my gaming habits rarely venture into FPS games on my PC (I prefer to use the XBOX because my friends are all on XBL) and I usually play RTS and RPG's, such presicion isn't necessary. However even playing these there is so much lag I can barely play with this mouse at times. I know it isn't the game disrupting it as the actual games all run smoothly and when I use a Xbox controller it's fine.
For the price of this mouse I could have almost afforded a top gaming mouse. I have a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 for my laptop that's absolutely perfect and can play Half Life 2 with no lag issues on a laptop a good deal lower in performant capability than the PC, leaving me to conclude that it is this mouse that is indeed, rubbish. I wont go into the other mouse here as it's of topic but O'll have another review up of that to compare and I would definitely recommend that instead.
It's such a shame as the design of this mouse is really stunning. Unfortuantely the rest of it doesn't come up to expectations. If you just want a good looking mouse, this is the one. If you want one that works, I would strongly recommend you to look elsewhere.

Metallica "And Justice..." Premium Guitar Pick Necklace
Metallica "And Justice..." Premium Guitar Pick Necklace

5.0 out of 5 stars Sick, 16 July 2012
I wasn't sure how this would look on me but it looks brilliant. I don't think I've ever had so many compliments for such a cheap accessory! Only problem is I caught it on something and the chain is broken - not really a problem though, that's easily repalced.

TP-LINK Advanced Wireless N PCI Adaptor (TL-WN951N), 300m, 3 Detachable Antennas

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 16 July 2012
First issue was installation. The bracket is slightly too small, meaning that it didn't slot into the motherboard untill I reshaped the bracket. I thought this may be a problem with the width of my PC but other things (PCI soundcard, graphics card & new PCIe wireless adapter), in the same section, fit just fine. Once the adapter was in, it was up and running easily enough, but I soon noticed that internet speeds were slower than when the USB reciever was used, depite having 4/5 bars on the signal. A quick speedtest showed a download speed of 7mbps and upload of 1.5mbps. My internet speeds if plugged in are 60/20 and using the dongle (my PC is in the adjoining room to the router) it's aroung 50/15. Obviously I can come to one logical conclusion. This adapter is hopeless!!

COMO - 60 DVD Blu-ray / 84 CD Media Storage Shelves - Oak / Silver
COMO - 60 DVD Blu-ray / 84 CD Media Storage Shelves - Oak / Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead useful, 29 Dec. 2011
Excellent unit, easy to assemble and looks pretty good. only small, but fit by my xbox just fine and holds all my games. I noticed a review mentioning the lack of room in the shelves over the DVD's making it hard to get them out, this hasn't bee the case, although some special edition games have larger cases and can make things difficult, though they tend to stick out a bit anyway so I can still get them out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6