Profile for annie > Reviews

Content by annie

annie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Genuine Sebo Dustbags x 30 X series machines, 370, x, c, x1, x1.1, x4, x4extra, x4pet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Aug. 2013
The shop which sold me my Sebo vacuum cleaner was a small independent one and after years of getting my replacement bags there, I went back and found that it had closed down. Worried that I wouldn't ever find them again, I looked on Amazon and there they were. I wouldn't like to have to replace My Sebo as there is lots of life in it yet and it is a very good cleaner. These bags are good value for the price too

Quies Wax Ear Plugs - 8 pairs by Quies
Quies Wax Ear Plugs - 8 pairs by Quies
Offered by trade2globeuk

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit expensive to use every night, 21 Aug. 2013
I would use these for particular times when I need a good nights sleep. They are a bit expensive to use every night. I stopped using foam ones as long term use caused a build up of wax in my ear that needed syringing ( nurse said it was probably the long term use of foam plugs). I also found that Quies ones are so mouldable, that I managed to get them very deep into my ear canal. This caused pain in one ear, especially if I laid on that side, so I tried to make them a bit more blunt! It takes a bit of practice to get them moulded to be snug enough to block noise but not too sharp that they go too far in. Think I was getting it right just as the supply ran out. They did improve my sleep and that is the objective...I couldn't hear my radio alarm very well, so waking up wasn't as easy. Will have to increase the volume and hope my husband doesn't mind too much!!

Luxury Sleep Mask - Stellar Deluxe Eye Mask by Sleepstar - Charcoal - Lightweight & Durable Sleeping Mask - Perfect for travel and use at home
Offered by Sleepstar Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't completely block light, 21 Aug. 2013
As other reviewers have mentioned, this does not lie totally flat around the nose, so it does let some light in. I bought it during the spell of hot weather that we had and I found it a bit thick and heavy. That said, the heat was exceptional for a few weeks and was disturbing my sleep, so may be ok at other times. I wanted something that stopped me waking at dawn, which at that time was very early but due to the heat, I struggled to keep it on all night. The nights I did manage, it did help and it certainly helped me not to be disturbed by my husband reading at night with a small light on. Think that the one which wraps completely around head would be the only one that completely blocks light...but this is probably too warm in hot weather too!

Life Every Day May-Jun 2013: Let my people go!
Life Every Day May-Jun 2013: Let my people go!

2.0 out of 5 stars This didnt really work for me, 21 Aug. 2013
I was hoping for a bite sized bible study to do in my lunchtime but I found this too indepth to get into in that kind of break. It might work for someone looking for a serious study. I also needed the bible passage to be printed out with the comment and I thought from the sample, that it was, however, there was only part and the rest required a bible to look up the passage. Again, not necessarily a problem for other people.

They Shall Expel Demons
They Shall Expel Demons

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifechanging, 21 Aug. 2013
I have been listening to Derek Prince talks on Christian radio for a couple of years now and also read a couple of his other books. When trying to help a friend who has depression, I remembered that Derek had spoken of his own depression. I put his name, with the word depression into a search engine and found testimonies from people who had read They Shall Expel Demons. Having now read it myself, I would say that it is a life changing approach to healing. I know that what he writes about is genuine. I remember being inspired to reject self-pity, in my own life some years ago and how it caused an instant change in my attitude and a freedom that cannot be described in words. What Derek describes, from year of ministry and his own experience makes so much sense. He explains it in very down to earth terms. This book is now a definite reference in my personal library. Don't be put off by the title...fear is from the enemy!

In Memory Sympathy Book - White - Condolence Book - Funeral Guest Book - Memorial Book - Presentation Boxed - (LARGE SIZE - Width 265mm - Height 195mm - Depth 15mm)
Offered by Executive Retail Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Pages not very helpful, 22 April 2013
I didn't feel that the pages allowed enough space for people to put their condolences in full. I had hoped that people would spread them out to the lines below, ignoring the headings, name, address etc. This didn't happen and I wonder if the boxes, caused constraint. The book had to be chosen in a bit of a rush to receive delivery before the funeral (delivery was good) and given more time, I might have looked harder at the other choices. It did the job. Quality of backing and pages nice, but it wasn't the cheapest, so glad it lived up to the price in that respect. Never an easy time to be buying anything!

God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved
God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved

3.0 out of 5 stars Written for USA, 22 April 2013
There is nothing wrong with this book. However, there are so many Christian books out there and I read many of them. This just wasn't as good as others. That said, a book can come on to your radar at just the right time, so it is a very subjective matter. I was very encouraged by the author's honest account of her relationship with her father and her explanation of how she handled the resulting issues. For someone with a difficult relationship with their own father, this book could be very powerful. The rest of the book was a little repetitive, but sometimes it is good to reinforce certain themes. Again this could be about where the reader is. I was a little irritated with the language used to make is user friendly to Americans. The author now lives in the USA, so I will forgive her!

PURE PocketDAB 1500, Rechargeable Personal DAB/FM Radio
PURE PocketDAB 1500, Rechargeable Personal DAB/FM Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit bulky but very lightweight, 22 April 2013
Another reviewer said this is about the size of a pack of cards, that is very accurate, so if feels big compared to my tiny MP3 player. It is very light though, so not a nuisance to carry around. I find reception pretty good, although I am disappointed that my favourite radio station does not seem to be available in the next town, where I work. I can received it where I live. The charge lasts a long time and I can run it through the AUX system in my car and get total reception through my car external ariel
The buttons are a little cheap and flimsy and the toggle button on the middle is a bit clumsy. None of this is a big deal though, and doesn't bother me. Haven't tried it with the supplied earphones as I need the shaped ones that fit better inside the ear, so I have used it with the ones I already had. Sound quality is good. Need to put the volume up when playing through AUX and remember to turn it down before playing through headphones, but this is same with MP3, so used to doing this. Would recommend it. Worth the money, although I got it when it was on offer.

Angels Are for Real: Inspiring, True Stories and Biblical Answers
Angels Are for Real: Inspiring, True Stories and Biblical Answers

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable insight, 22 April 2013
I have really enjoyed reading this book. I am a Christian and have been considering Angel presence, recently, following my own experiences. I began by looking for the Billy Graham book on Angels and found this one too. I had the great pleasure of hearing Judith and Francis McNutt speak about 20 years ago in a town near me in the UK. I therefore trust their ministry/integrity. This gave me confidence to down load this book. I already know that there are Angel books out there which are not wholesome (Judith explains the difference between different kinds of Angels). Some of the experiences, gathered for the book, and indeed, Judith's own experiences are truly breath taking. Well worth a read if you are interested in understanding more about Angels, their roles and power. I will take them far more seriously from now on.

Shackles (Praise You)
Shackles (Praise You)

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong format, 12 Feb. 2013
Love this song but downloaded it to Amazon cloud, by mistake. This is not compatible with my MP3 player and I don't have a fancy phone/ipad so Ive wasted my money!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4