Profile for Lily > Reviews

Dangerous Angels: Five Weetzie Bat Books
Dangerous Angels: Five Weetzie Bat Books
by Francesca Lia Block

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2015
Loved this book. Loved loved loved it. Kind of magical realism.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm really happy with this purchase, 9 July 2015
This is a gorgeous dress! Not sure if worth it the original price but it is definetly worth the dispunted price! The upper body part is lined with silky fabric and the seams are well finished. I ordered a size 8 and it fits as expected (I'm high waisted so it's a bit baggy around that area, but it happens to me with every dress and shirt). I'm really happy with this purchase!

Remington Pearl CI95 Curling Wand
Remington Pearl CI95 Curling Wand

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good! It's possible to get very different results depending ..., 3 Mar. 2015
Really good! It's possible to get very different results depending on how you use it. Curls don't last as curled after sleeping but I wake up with nice wavy hair the next day.

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
by Susan Cain

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good book. I've though about anonymously give it to ..., 22 Feb. 2015
Such a good book. I've though about anonymously give it to my bosses, maybe that way they can understand how terrible are open offices :( Recommended! I understood so much about me and also some other introverts in my life.

Thirteen Weddings
Thirteen Weddings
by Paige Toon

1.0 out of 5 stars This is Paige Toon's worst book (I've read them all), 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Thirteen Weddings (Paperback)
This is Paige Toon's worst book (I've read them all). The love story is weak, Alex is an idiot, Bronte is insufferable. What's with the Bronte's father storyline? It seems that Paige Toon came up with that halfway through the book. It's not well connected to the rest of the story. The prologue it's so badly written that I almost gave up, but fortunately the prose does get a bit better in the firs chapter. The descriptions are so plain... "the dress was white with tiny flowers" (or something like that). And then... the stereotypically Spanish, catholic family. There wasn't any need for that. Oh! And there wasn't any need for Bronte insulting her boss and talking so bad about her behind her back. I felt the book had more than one misogynistic moments, and that made me really uncomfortable. It's not something that I've so obviously seen in other Paige Toon's books.
As I've said, it's her worst book. Come on, Paige, you can do so much better.

The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days
The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days
by Tarek Malouf

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 12 Jan. 2014
Amazing book. But there are many recipes without any picture even if half the page is blank. It's kind of unacceptable if you think that a huge part of the Hummingbird Bakery's success is a result of the visuals and how cute is everything you see. I'm probably never going to try those recipes.

Pictures of Lily
Pictures of Lily
by Paige Toon

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pictures of Lily (Paperback)
This is by far my favourite Paige Toon book. I couldn't put it down, so if you love this genre and Paige Toon, this is a must read. And unlike her latest books, it has glitter on the cover. BRING BACK THE GLITTER. Thank you.

iMP Lion Cub Console Case (Nintendo 3DS/DSi/DS Lite)
iMP Lion Cub Console Case (Nintendo 3DS/DSi/DS Lite)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 12 Jan. 2014
This is such a cute case for nintendo 3ds. I actually got it for my boyfriend who is a Lion King fan and this reminded me of Simba. He loved it and the console is perfectly protected.

Art of Frozen
Art of Frozen
by Charles Solomon

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Art of Frozen (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful book for any Frozen fan out there. I only wish they had included more Anna and Elsa images!

Page: 1 | 2