Profile for m.bison > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Clean & Clear Advantage Oil-Absorbing Treatment, 1.5 Ounce
Clean & Clear Advantage Oil-Absorbing Treatment, 1.5 Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value BHA treatment, 17 Sept. 2014
Salicylic acid is a wonder ingredient for acne and blackheads because it penetrates the pore and cleans out the sebum (oil). This has 2% salicylic acid and a lack of irritants, so if you use it daily for a number of months, you will see a considerable improvement in acne and blackhead problems. Look this product up on PaulasChoice.com and you will see it is rated as BEST.

Lanson Champagne Rosé Label Non-Vintage Gift Box 75 cl
Lanson Champagne Rosé Label Non-Vintage Gift Box 75 cl

1.0 out of 5 stars Tastes awful!, 29 Aug. 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for someone who loves pink champagne. I assumed it would be good quality but after opening it tonight (it was being saved for a special occasion), I am unbelievably disappointed. I couldn't finish a second glass, it tastes foul, like cheap Lambrini. It also has a strong unpleasant aftertaste and is anything but easydrinking. Avoid this like the plague and don't waste your money.

Puppia Soft Harness, XS, Pink
Puppia Soft Harness, XS, Pink

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful - and dangerous, 30 May 2014
A nightmare to get on and off. My dog gets stuck in it to the point where it is dangerous. I have returned this. Don't buy. Not fit for purpose. Tried Puppia rightfit and that wasn't much better.

Ellie-Bo Dog Puppy Cage Folding 2 Door Crate with Non-chew Metal Tray Small 24-inch Black

1.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS! NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE, 23 April 2014
My puppy got it's mouth caught on the catch where the bolt of the gate is suppose to go through. It was completely caught on there and cried out in pain - a terrifying sound, I never want to hear again. Thank God, I was in the house at the time. I shudder to think what would have happened if the poor little thing had got itself caught when no one was home. If you value your puppy's safety, do not buy this.

Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston

5.0 out of 5 stars No Spoiler Alerts Here - Read With Safety!, 5 Nov. 2013
Ever since I read this on The Independent online ...

Is Breaking Bad's 'Ozymandias' the greatest episode of TV ever written? It's scored a perfect 10 from over 12,000 reviewers on IMDb. It's had a breathless reaction from the critics. But most of all, it's had millions of already enraptured viewers open-mouthed with their heads in their hand.

... I thought to myself "That's it, I give up! I've got to buy the Breaking Bad boxsets already and see what all the fuss is about!"

The Ozymandias episode is the 14th episode in Season 5, the third from the end. Through 59 episodes and all 5 seasons I was waiting for it.

But first, a bit of housekeeping. It easy for people to get confused with what season of Breaking Bad this actually is. This is not Season 6 - it is the second half of Season 5, which is the final season. Previous Breaking Bad boxsets have had all the episodes of a season in the one boxset, so it is easy to wonder what is going on. In America, they break seasons into two lots and have a mid-season break. The 16 episodes are divided into 2 boxsets with 8 episodes on each and they call them Season 5A and Season 5B. You are buying Season 5B, the final 8 episodes.

A few people have said that after the amazing climax to Season 4, there was something of a comedown and Season 5A took a while to get going. I disagree, as I was thoroughly and utterly entertained and absorbed by the first half of the season, but, yes, if you are waiting for all the fireworks and revelations and shocks, then this is the boxset for you. I'm not going to spoil anything for you, but be prepared to be blown away. Especially if you are going into these last 8 episodes blind. The less you know, the better.

With regards to the ending, unlike, say, The Sopranos or Lost, each loose end is taken care of as much as possible and there is some closure for the viewer. A lot of people seem to get angry with vague, ambiguous endings, but you won't get that here. The story has a beginning, a middle and a very firm end.

I'm not sure what tired, worn out adjectives can be use to describe Breaking Bad anymore ... amazing, incredible, sheer brilliance. They have been said too many times before and they don't do it justice. Perhaps the best way to describe to you how good this show is is when I pressed play on the last episode, number 16, called 'Felina', which is an anagram of the word 'Finale'. A profound sense of sadness washed over me, as I realised this was it. No more Breaking Bad. My evenings would never be the same.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2014 1:53 AM GMT

Clip 3.5mm Waterproof Earphone Headphone for iPod MP3 MP4
Clip 3.5mm Waterproof Earphone Headphone for iPod MP3 MP4
Offered by netSells

2.0 out of 5 stars Wire too short for me, 4 Oct. 2013
I bought this because I was after some sweat/water proof headphones for the gym. The fit in my ear seemed to be nice and solid so it wouldn't drop out and the sound quality was good, however the wire wouldn't stretch from my ears to my waist without tugging. I'm about 6"2 and the product isn't suitable. I have given this to my G/F who is shorter than me and it seems to be good for her.

Dexter - Complete Season 1-8 [DVD]
Dexter - Complete Season 1-8 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael C. Hall

4.0 out of 5 stars Seasons 1 to 4 = 5 Stars. Seasons 5 to 8 = 3 Stars. So the average is 4 stars!, 23 Sept. 2013
One night at the video shop, I rented Dexter when there was no decent films to watch. It didn't take long to get hooked and I ended up renting 7 boxsets of Dexter in 7 weeks.

I've never been a fan of TV shows based around murder. Murder seems to fascinate people and so even the laziest, by-the-book, clichéd TV show will become a hit if they feature people being killed by a bad guy. Dexter is different in the sense that it is actually quite good and it has an original concept: the hero and the main character is a serial killer. He kills A LOT of people and, in part, he is able to get away with it because he works in the police forensics department and knows what to do to avoid leaving evidence.

The first 4 seasons (especially season 4 which is by far the most memorable with John Lithgow giving an incredible performance as the Trinity killer) is 5 star high quality stuff and you will gobble up episode after episode. Michael C. Hall who plays Dexter makes the show and demands your attention in every scene he is in.

Sadly there is a dip in quality between seasons 5 to 8. I don't know if certain writers left the show or what happened after season 4, but the dialogue becomes a bit wooden and perfunctory. The actors do their best with it and things do improve as the show nears the end, but season 5 and 6 dip into 3 star territory. That's not to say that the show isn't watchable or good because it is, it just takes a bit of a dive after scaling up to some amazing heights in season 4.

Dexter isn't going to be up there fighting for the greatest TV show ever made accolade, but it is highly recommended and it will certainly fill your evenings with a unique and very entertaining TV show.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2014 1:41 AM GMT

License to Drive
License to Drive
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Track Listing, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: License to Drive (Audio CD)
Pop this on and be transported to the "best days of your life", as Brian Adams would say. Pure 80s nostalgia.

Track listing:

Before Midnight [DVD] [2013]
Before Midnight [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Ethan Hawke

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect end to the Before Trilogy, 24 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Before Midnight [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
As a big fan of the first two films (Before Sunrise/Sunset) I was really looking forward to this film. Thankfully, with Linklater, Hawke, and Delpy onboard once again, it didn't disappoint.

There are no car chases, explosions or CGI special effects here - it's just two great characters (who feel like old friends by now), stunning locations and long passages of crisp, flowing dialogue. So rare in films today, it's a thing of beauty. Sit back, get comfortable and drink it in. As the couple spend 20 minutes walking and talking their way to a hotel in Peloponnese Greece, go along for that walk with them, take in the beautiful scenery and enjoy the places the conversation goes.

For me, Before Midnight is the movie equivalent of sitting beside some glorious Mediterranean lake on holiday, sipping a fine wine and soaking up the warm sun, as you dwindle away the hours in the evening.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2014 9:31 PM BST

Rec2 [DVD]
Rec2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Mellor

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Incredible Film That Deserves To Be Seen By Millions, 16 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Rec2 [DVD] (DVD)
This film needs to be seen by as many people as possible. If you've come across this listing, do not hesitate to buy this film now. I was one of the few people lucky enough to see this Spanish subtitled film in an English cinema and it was easily the best film I've seen this year. The whole movie is a visceral, terrifying rollercoaster ride that drips with unbearable tension. Not only did I jump clean out of my seat during the first `jumpy' attack scene, but I waved both arms and kicked out a leg. I kicked out a leg at the screen because I was instinctively trying to defend myself against what was rushing towards the screen/me. No other movie has immersed me to this extent.

The film picks up a few minutes after the first film left off - indeed, the two films could easily and seamlessly be sow together and made into one 3 hour movie. A SWAT team follow the TV presenter, cameraman and firemen from the first film into the quarantined apartment block and it feels like the months or years since you watched Rec 1 never happened. The apartment block is identical and the blood stains in the lobby are exactly where they were before. The film blends two horror genres (zombies and demonic possession) and goes full throttle in the direction it hinted at in the Penthouse apartment during the final ten minutes of the first film. I won't spoil the film for you, but there's an amazing twist towards the end that will get fans of the first film squirming with excitement.

Inevitably, I guess the big question is ... is it better than the first film? With the same Writers and Directors, both Rec 1 and 2 are incredible, but Rec 2 is certainly scarier. I absolutely CANNOT wait until Rec 3!

My only very minor grumble with the film is down to the people who did the subtitles. During the amazing climax of the film, there's an Austin Powers moment where the subtitles are difficult to read as it is white text on a white background.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2013 4:31 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7