Profile for Darth Spaniel > Reviews

Content by Darth Spaniel

Darth Spaniel
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HALTI All-in-One Lead, with 3M reflective strip, strong shock absorbing section, and flexible handle that can also be used as a belt. Ideal for running, jogging or walking. Large, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good dog lead, 12 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've been using Halti stuff (lead, collar, harness, etc) for as long as we've had our dog (3 years) and have found everything to be well designed and sturdy. However, going for a run with our dog can be problematic as it ties up one of your hands and the back and forth movement can be confusing for the poor pooch. What to do?
This very clever lead clips onto the dog's collar but the generously padded handle (a very nice touch) can easily be extended to form a large loop that can be made into a belt leaving both hands free. It took our dog by surprise at first but he really seemed to enjoy it.
The lead has a built in "shock absorber" to help safeguard against sudden jerks from you or the dog but I'm not convinced this really works, but the light reflective webbing is a nice touch to make you and your dog more visible in low light.

HALTI Premium Reflective Dog Collar, Medium, Blue
HALTI Premium Reflective Dog Collar, Medium, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for Medium size, 8 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really good chunky collar that is surprisingly light but strong. It's very easy to adjust and at its shorter length it's perfect for our cocker spaniel. At the longer length it would be fine for larger breeds, but is not big enough for Labrador upwards, so the Large size would be better suited. The colour is bright without being gaudy and it's reflective too. The metal loop for attaching lead and/or name tag is a generous size and very strong. Finally, the clever locking clip secures in four places but is easily opened with one hand. Best dog collar we've had for our pooch and would definitely buy another.

Rapesco Cash Box with Keys 12 inches (30 cm), Metal - Black
Rapesco Cash Box with Keys 12 inches (30 cm), Metal - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cash box, 8 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really good quality secure box ideal for keeping cash and important documents such as passports, tickets, etc in. Top tray is ideal for coins and fits well, but also lifts out easily. It's not big enough to take A4 sized documents unless they're folded, but it's not what this box was intended for. It comes with three keys and the lock works smoothly and feels secure.

Lonely Planet Best of Italy (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Best of Italy (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars Siempre perfecto, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For years I have used these brilliant Lonely Planet guides as they are so much better than all of the others out there - always packed with loads of useful practical information, tips for where to eat, what to see and where to get your head down in comfort. As I have been to Italy many times and am going again soon I figured I knew where I wanted to go and what to see, but this really superb book has just brought a load more places to my attention, including one that is on my doorstep in Venice. Fantastic photos to add to the mix, paperback size and with a pull out map of Rome too, making this close perfect as a travel guide for highlighting the best places to go and see for whatever part of this beautiful country you are going to visit.

Manuka Doctor ApiBronze Anti Cellulite Bronzing Gel 200 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiBronze Anti Cellulite Bronzing Gel 200 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Really easy to use and good results, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having never used a fake tan product before I was scared to death of making a mess with this, but following the instructions very carefully and using a tanning mitt I turned my very pale body into a healthy golden glow without so much of a hint of orange and no streaky marks. The effect for me wasn't a deep lifelong tan but at least I didn't look like I'd been locked up in a dungeon for a decade either. There's a very gentle scent that isn't unpleasant and I was really pleased with the results and already for my summer hols. I can't say if it works on cellulite as I am blessed by the fact it's not a problem I have, but on the downside I'd say don't sleep on white sheets or use a white towel for a few days afterwards as it does rub off a bit.

Kensington VU4000D USB 3.0 to Display Port 4K Video Adapter
Kensington VU4000D USB 3.0 to Display Port 4K Video Adapter

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs HDMI adaptor, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I trialled this through Amazon Vine and was excited to give it a go as I wanted to look at photos I'd taken and watch movies I'd shot using my mega telly but was disappointed to find it didn't fit HDMI. Consequently I borrowed an adaptor from a friend and from then on it was pretty straight-forward to use, so from an ease of use perspective it's fine with the right kit. Given that this is priced at £85 it seems a bit daft that it doesn't come with an adaptor as the adaptors I have seen on Amazon cost £20+, so it;s starts to get pricey. I'd say if I really needed this I'd be happy to pay it, but for occasional use as it will be for me I'd have to question the added outlay.

Manuka Doctor ApiClear Skin Ease Repair Gel 25 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiClear Skin Ease Repair Gel 25 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective treatment for persistent skin blemishes, 19 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For many years I have suffered the torment of eczema and often get outbreaks around the backs of my ears and just recently underneath one of my eyes. I have tried many potions (some prescription strength) and while they get rid of it, it comes back within a few days. Each cure I have tried has also taken a couple of weeks to work. I tried this skin repair gel and was astonished that the very obvious patch beneath my eye was virtually invisible after one application followed by a night of rest. A second application and another night of rest and I woke up to find no ugly redness and the skin looking smooth.

You don't get much in each pack (the tube is roughly lipstick sized) but it's not much to pay for such an effective product. I will use it for skin repair but will definitely buy more.

Driving Test Success All Tests DVD 2017 Edition
Driving Test Success All Tests DVD 2017 Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, informative and easy to use, 19 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this DVD for my niece to assist her with her impending driving test and we were both very impressed by how comprehensive it is and how easy it is to use. Everything a new driver needs to know about the theory test is here and, as I found, it's a really useful refresher course for people like me who passed our tests over 25 years ago. It's informative without being boring and it takes you through everything you need to know in easy to navigate segments. My niece also found it a lot more approachable than the Highway Code and the interactive sections were a lot more engaging than reading about braking distances as I had to do. Oh, and by the way, she passed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2016 3:23 PM BST

Kensington "SmartFit" Mouse Pad
Kensington "SmartFit" Mouse Pad
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but imperfect design and overpriced, 3 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like the fact that you can adjust the height of the cushion as I often find them way too deep or too shallow and it's really easy to adjust the height until you find what you want. Also, the size and shape of the mouse mat is ideal - not too big and broadly covers the hand movements most people would make with a mouse. On the downside, the mouse mat becomes detached from the gel pad far too easily as the fastening mechanism is just too weak. Consequently, I have used a small piece of duct tape attached to the bottom of each to prevent this from happening. It's an easy fix and out of sight, but it is a pretty significant failing. In addition, the price is also a bit prohibitive.

3M(TM)  Platform for Keyboard and Mouse with Leatherette Gel Wrist-Rest
3M(TM) Platform for Keyboard and Mouse with Leatherette Gel Wrist-Rest

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good but overpriced, 3 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unlike some reviewers I really like this and find it to be way better than other gel wrist rests I have used. Yes, it is big but only takes up the same amount of a space an average keyboard and mouse will take up anyway. It's reassuringly heavy so it won't slide around your desk and the leatherette covering over the gel bar is much nicer than those horrible rubber versions and it feels so much softer against the skin. On the downside, the cost (even with the sizeable reduction currently being offered) is way more than it should be for what is essentially a large piece of plastic, a rubber cushion with a leatherette wrapping and some no-slip pads.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20