Profile for Darth Spaniel > Reviews

Mr Blanc Teeth Whitening Strips - Pack of 2 Weeks Supply
Offered by JMH Cosmetics

3.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly by effective, 10 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like most people over 40 my teeth aren't as white as they once were and I don't fancy some of the more drastic remedies I have heard about, so decided to give these a try. On the positive side, my front teeth are definitely whiter than they were when I started my test so they really do work. On the down side, they are incredibly fiddly to put on place and get them to cover the whole tooth and I don't have great big horsey teeth. Also on the downside the whitening strips only cover the very front teeth so while my front teeth are a bit whiter, the ones immediately next to them are the same. On the other hand, there's no unpleasant taste or stinging so with patience they might be worth a regular investment. At the end of the day, it's probably wiser to look after your teeth in the first place.

Mitre 2 in 1 Quick Pop Up Target Goal
Mitre 2 in 1 Quick Pop Up Target Goal

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for the garden or the beach, 4 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've had some fun in the garage with this (it has been raining since Christmas so can't set it up in the garden yet) using the target areas to score points in family footy challenges and have used the open goal end for penalty practice. It's really easy to set up and we were using it within 5 minutes of getting it out of the box. It comes with a kip to fix it into the ground (obviously not needed for the garage) so can be used in a garden or on the beach. It also weighs next to nothing and folds up small so can go in the boot of the car for trips to the seaside. It's not big enough or robust enough for a more competitive game of football, but for a kickabout or practice net for kids (or adults when the kids are out - ha ha!) it's fine.

Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Gloss Nude Illusion 5ml
Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Gloss Nude Illusion 5ml
Offered by BEST UK DEALS LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 4 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not keen on this at all as the consistency is really thick and doesn't feel light on my lips at all and it's pretty messy. Secondly, the bottle is much paler than what is shown in the publicity picture and is very transparent. Finally, it's not cheap for what you actually get compared to lighter and easier to use lip balms.

Vax C85-Z2-Pe Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 900 W
Vax C85-Z2-Pe Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 900 W
Offered by Unity J Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb budget vacuum, 28 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this vacuum for my elderly mum as she's finding it hard pushing her big clunky hoover around the house and she needed something lighweight. I was worried that a 900w vacuum wouldn't be up to the job but I was completely wrong. This mighty little vacuum knocks spots off others that supposedly more powerful which just shows good design is always the winner.
It's really easy to use and also really easy to empty when full so I'm really struggling to find fault with it. Price? No, that's a winner too as it's less than £100!

Russell Hobbs Occasions Pancake and Crepe Maker 20921
Russell Hobbs Occasions Pancake and Crepe Maker 20921

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kitchen gadget, 21 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Of all kitchen gadgets we have, I live this one the most! Since we received it to review it has received daily use and has produced high quality crepes and pancakes for all meals. So impressed have we been we even took it with us on a short break to Northumberland with friends and it became the standard breakfast maker.

Using it is simple as the heat is variable according to what you need and best of all it cooks uniformly so no cool runny spots. One tip though: turn the wooden T tool slowly! Turning it quickly will result in mess. Trust me, I know.

Clean is really easy as all that is needed is a rub down with kitchen paper and as it uses no oil it is a good healthy option. We've also used it for warming pitta breads and making chapatis!

A useful addition to any kitchen and also a great gift.

MERUMAYA Iconic Youth Serum 30 ml
MERUMAYA Iconic Youth Serum 30 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Good moisturiser, but needs more refinement for the price, 21 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried a lot of different types of moisturiser as I have patches of very dry skin on my face which can be very embarrassing so I'm always looking for the one that will do the job with minimal fuss and strife. There is good and bad about this product and I;ll start with the name as billing a product as an "iconic youth serum" is immediately raising expectations. Do I look younger after using for a month? No. I still look like a typical 40 something. Does it hydrate my skin? Well, yes and rather well although I find I need a re-application by mid-afternoon to avoid any dry skin in my problem areas. Is it any better than most standard moisturisers? Not that I can see. Also on the downside, I wasn't keen on the smell and the packaging looks really, really cheap. On the plus side, I found it sinks into my skin really easily and a little goes a long way. The consistency was good too as I find some creams to be really greasy or thick and gloopy. This one is about right. Finally, there's the price. As I have said, a little goes a long way and for this price that's just as well as it's really not cheap at all and for £35 I would expect a little more refinement.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2016 10:16 PM GMT

Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Harvest with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit, Black
Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Harvest with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and with quick results, 14 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really, really like this and am so glad I decided to give it a try. It is so easy to get started and I had it set up in less than half an hour. Growing the herbs couldn't be easier and the LED light really encourages growth. The herbs included in the pack are a good range for standard home cooking and I now find that we are using the herbs more frequently than we were before. Even better still, the fresh herbs taste so much better than dried herbs out of little jars and our kitchen and dining room smell terribly exotic all of the time now. The unit sits on a window sill and while it only gets direct natural light from midday onwards, the herbs are thriving.

This would make a lovely gift from anyone fond of cooking and wanting to use fresh herbs or any keen on developing their gardening skills. Our 12 year old loves it and she's endlessly suggests dishes where we can use the herbs we're growing.

John Bishop Supersonic Live at the Royal Albert Hall [DVD] [2015]
John Bishop Supersonic Live at the Royal Albert Hall [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ John Bishop
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars His best DVD so far, 3 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is something charming about John Bishop as he knows he's struck lucky and is enjoying every minute of what he does. His good natured bonhomie and the way he ups his story as he feeds on the responses of the audience is a sign of a performer at the top of his game and he's come a long way from his early less-assured breakthrough DVDs. His performance has the usual run of stories based on his family life, his travels and experiences and general observations of daily events so it will strike a chord with anyone watching. For the most part I was mildly amused but I did have a couple of good belly laughs, but I watched with several slightly tipsy family and friends and they really enjoyed it. It's not appropriate for young children but mid-teens won't be shocked. A good Christmas stocking filler.

Philips GC4928/30 PerfectCare Azur Steam Iron with Optimal Temperature technology, 3000 W

5.0 out of 5 stars If Rolls Royce made irons..., 3 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really good iron as it does the job first time every time and it's so easy to use it borders on genius. There are no fiddly settings to worry about, just fill it up with water and use the steam button as you see fit. No need to worry about cool, medium and hot here as it's one setting suits all. Now that would normally make me a bit nervous with delicate items but I have used it on delicate synthetics and sturdy cottons without any incident and each item flattened to perfection. Okay, so you're paying £110 for this level of quality and it's a bit heavy and for someone as steam-happy as me the water reservoir capacity isn't anything special, but it's a superb iron from a reliable marque and it will make ironing easy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2016 6:24 PM GMT

Philips GC4922/80 PerfectCare Azur Steam Iron with Optimal Temperature technology, 2600 W
Offered by TCB DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product from reliable brand, 1 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really good iron that is so simple to use and perfect for those occasions when you are ironing a variety of different fabrics thanks to the really clever one setting suits all. I have used it on natural and synthetics fabrics and my other half has even ironed delicate fabrics, including silk, and not had to reset at all. As other reviewers have pointed out it does feel quite heavy so won't suit everyone and that was something my other half commented on, but I found the weight to be quite reassuring and made it feel more robust and not cheap. The price tag isn't cheap but it's a reliable brand and I doubt very much you will need to replace it soon. The water reservoir size isn't over generous so it does require quite a bit of filling on those marathon ironing sessions. On the whole though, a quality iron that is really easy to use and should last a long time.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30