Profile for GMC > Reviews

GMC

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier with this product, 25 Nov. 2016
Couldn't be happier with this product. Made me n the missus very happy. The last reviews seem to be around four years ago so I assumed the product has been improved since then.

As the skipper of a trawler I spend a lot of time at sea, and they can be long lonely times. As a rule I get first dibs on any skate caught, it's a nice tradition as the skate's lady parts are similar to real lady parts, and smell roughly the same (skate actually tastes better!). But even though I have perks, a skate isn't the be all, and end all. My carnal needs may have been met, but I'm worried that my woman is going without.

So, I used this on the way back home, thinking she'd be treated to a delightful pair of table tennis balls in a smooth tight nylon bag.

She didn't get it. I got a slap.

NO ! She met with two Whitby winkles wrapped in a shrink bag of fire!
Comment Comment | Permalink

JVL Fully Tailored Car Mat Set 4 Pieces
JVL Fully Tailored Car Mat Set 4 Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Mats, 21 Nov. 2016
Absolutely spot on. Perfect fit in all four wells and they look totally made to measure. They perfectly match the colour of the installed carpets; so much so that at first glance you don't even notice that there's mats in there. I installed the driver's mat first and thought that the "nubs" were in the wrong position, so they didn't actually fit properly. After less than a minute I realised that the mat had a better than expected grip on the OE carpet [a good thing] and I just needed to line it up properly. Overall, it took me less than two minutes to fit these mats, and see that they look great..

The 5th Wave
The 5th Wave

4.0 out of 5 stars "I'll find you!", 28 Sept. 2016
This review is from: The 5th Wave (DVD)
"I'll find you!". Cliché line? Over used? YES! But it somehow fits here. The "Boy tells girl to wait in safety whilst he runs off, stupidly, to save the day". I'm sure, "I'll find you" was used in Falling Skies, but I might be wrong.
That's the spoiler. If you needed it.
I really liked this movie. Cloe M. is turning out to be a great young actress. J. Blakeson directed "The Disappearance of Alice Creed". A brilliant Brit movie that I loved, and he has done very well here.
There are lots of cheeky re-quotable lines in this that refer to other great films. But Liam Neason's Taken, "I will find you and I will kill you", is just great. A John McClane cameo would have made it perfect.
Summary: Great story / acting / direction / script. It just missed the action humour of 90's action movies.

I Am Wrath
I Am Wrath

3.0 out of 5 stars Cuda, wuda, shuda done better!, 27 Sept. 2016
This review is from: I Am Wrath (DVD)
This movie gives me an, unfortunately but expectedly result. I'm a big fan of Travolta and Cage however I know (from the always honest media ) that they're skint. Or as I understand it, Travolta (is not skint) gave Cage (is very skint) a bit part.
Anyway. this movie just feels wrong. The actors are great, the story is great but there's something missing .I can imagine the exact same crew / script with other direction / lighting / editing. and it would be great.
Think "Time Cop" vs " Die Hard". Both great movies. But only one of them has a soul.

Brennenstuhl  1175970  LuxPrimera Pen-Light LED torch 1x0,5W 15lm 1xAAA (included 4h
Brennenstuhl 1175970 LuxPrimera Pen-Light LED torch 1x0,5W 15lm 1xAAA (included 4h
Offered by Paragon Supplies Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars looks like a mini sonic screwdriver, 15 July 2016
I bought this for an elderly relative who was always amused by the way NCIS / CSI etc held their torches, i.e. up in the air in a "hammer fist" position with the torch beam emanating from the clenched little finger. The on/off switch being at the rear of the body rather than on the side actually makes this the preferred way of holding it. He thought it was hilarious (old people :-) ). it's smaller than it looks here, around 9cm long, so is basically a pen/pocket torch, but "battery included" and feels solid so a good buy. Also looks like a mini sonic screwdriver :-). He wouldn't know what that is !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2016 8:39 PM BST

The Occult Origins of the European Union
The Occult Origins of the European Union
by Toyne Newton

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply astonishing!, 15 July 2016
Simply astonishing! That's how the person I bought this for described it. He said he only read the second half of the book, not interested in the illuminati stuff (he's Catholic so fair enough), but his comment was about the things done politically in the name of the modern EU. From what he said, look past the "Occult" part and read some astonishing and disturbing facts about the modern EU. Personally, I can't wait to read all of it!

Medium Reusable Strong Check Storage Laundry Clothes or Shopping Bag Black, Blue or Red (Black)
Offered by Unibos

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 15 July 2016
Very good for the price. Large enough for a weeks laundry and strong enough to carry that same laundry wet from the washing machine.

The Transporter Refuelled
The Transporter Refuelled
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Badly written/scripted and especially badly edited, 24 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Transporter Refuelled (DVD)
I was going to write a review about this "reboot" but actually I don't think its necessary. First, I would argue that Transporter needed a "Refresh", not a "Reboot", I liked the cheesy action of the original movies. I also kinda liked the TV series shown in between the Statham movies and the new movie. The new Transporter Refuelled movie just isn't worth reviewing. It's a bad acting kid in a badly written/scripted and especially badly edited Audi advert.

12 Rounds 3 - Lockdown
12 Rounds 3 - Lockdown

3.0 out of 5 stars Roger R. Cross could take 13!, 15 Jan. 2016
This review is from: 12 Rounds 3 - Lockdown (DVD)
Not sure what I can add to other reviewers here about this movie. Yes, it's departed from the theme of previous 12 Rounds movies. The only reference to 12 rounds is the amount of ammo his [the hero] clip can take, Yes, it's a Die Hard poor rip off but no, they don't bring in comedy FBI n comedy reporters.
BUT it does have one redeeming feature, Roger R. Cross. After "Continuum", "Dark Matter" n "The Strain", He is becoming a favourite bad-ass bad-guy of mine. He is the character that your parents told you that would meet in a dark street at night!
12 Rounds 1 n 2 were cheap WWF action fun. 12 Rounds 3 brings you Roger R. Cross, the new anti hero. And its all the better for it.

Beyond
Beyond

3.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Helena, 12 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Beyond (DVD)
You could categorise this movie, but boxing it as si-fi would be pointless. If you tried, it would end up limbless and helpless. There is some great imagination to the story and some great personal drama. The decline of the protagonist's psyche is the real story here. He seems to have lots of historical personal problems that he can't box away in order to live his currently happy life. I really enjoyed this personal drama movie but you could end up boxing it as something else. . . .

Page: 1 | 2