Profile for daniela quaglia > Reviews

daniela quaglia "dny"

The Secret History
The Secret History

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece of description, 6 April 2016
The vivid descriptions in this book walk the reader through the story from page one till the end. Donna Tart's poet eye is sharp and focused, every line is a piece of art. I adored this book.

Le Zahir (French Edition)
Le Zahir (French Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars Well written but not enjoyable, 25 July 2015
Very well written but the main character annoys me so much that he manages to ruin my experience of the book. Every time i pause the reading i feel stressed.

Griffin Elevator Desktop Stand for Laptops  & Macbooks
Griffin Elevator Desktop Stand for Laptops & Macbooks
Offered by eoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good stand. I have one in my office and ..., 30 Dec. 2014
This is a very good stand. I have one in my office and I decided to buy one for home, too.

Braun Silk-épil 7 7681 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments
Braun Silk-épil 7 7681 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments

5.0 out of 5 stars The most amazing silk-epil yet, 17 Jan. 2012
I bought it because i really liked the idea to use it under the shower. I already owned a silk epil for more than 7 years and it was still working perfectly. Never had a problem. So this was just an "extra" for me. But let me tell you: i am SO happy to have bought it! It is just so unbelievably better than my old silk-epil! It follows the shape of my body, it can be used under water and it is so less painfull!! Amazing! Of course it still is an epilator and it is possible that you get some ingrowing hair (but this is intrinsec in the use of epilators!!). To be honest with you, i never had excessive ingrowing hair problems. It does still hurt a bit(again: of course it does!!! It's an epilator! When you go waxing you do not expect it to be pleasant, do you?l well, the concept is exactly the same!).
My point is: if you do like epilators, then this is the best you can get! I compared it to Braun Silk-épil 7 7871 Wet & Dry Dual Epilator with Gillette Venus Technology and i decided to buy this one because i do not see the point of having blades on my epilator.. I do not want to cut, but to remove!

Gene Cloning and DNA Analysis: An Introduction
Gene Cloning and DNA Analysis: An Introduction
by T. A. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book, 25 Dec. 2011
When i first bought it i thought it was a clear and very explicative book. It helped me a lot in my Master. Now i suggest it to all of my students and colleagues that want to learn some basics on gene cloning. This is a simple but complete book. Nothing is missing in it. Strongly recommended!

Silly Cow - A Comedy (Acting Edition)
Silly Cow - A Comedy (Acting Edition)
by Ben Elton

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice play, 25 Dec. 2011
This is a nice play, short and easy to read. I personally bought it because i decided to bring a monologue from this book to an audition and i needed to read the whole play. Enjoyed it.

Playing Shakespeare [DVD]
Playing Shakespeare [DVD]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected, 25 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Playing Shakespeare [DVD] (DVD)
I was preparing a monologue from the Merchant of Venice as an assignment for the theatre course i'm attending at the moment. I was therefore trying to understand how to play Shakespeare better. This set of DVDs helped me tremendousely. I bought it in first place because i saw that Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen were in the cast and i adore these two amazing actors. The DVDs are indeed all about the actors themeselves. I find very interesting and appropriate the way John Barton decided to teach how Shakespeare should be played: he simply brought together the best Shakespearean actors and explained through their experience. Not only I recommend this DVDs to actors, but also to everyone who has a passion for Shakespeare. I also bought Playing Shakespeare (Performance Books) and i suggest to buy DVDs and book together! Also my theatre teacher agreed completely with my choice!

Playing Shakespeare (Performance Books)
Playing Shakespeare (Performance Books)
by John Barton

5.0 out of 5 stars Even more amazing if bought with the DVDs!!!, 25 Dec. 2011
This book is fantastic, above all if bought with the DVDs set Playing Shakespeare [DVD. I recommend it to whoever loves Shakespeare and wants to understand how to play it better. Personally I bought it 'cause i needed an help for a theatre class I'm attending. I'm so happy I found it! But really, do not buy it alone. The book is based on a tv production that has been transformed in a serie of DVDs. If you cannot afford the both, then go for the DVDs only, not the opposite! I hope this helps!