Profile for Colin Bentley > Reviews

Content by Colin Bentley

Colin Bentley (Culgoa,Victoria, Australia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Calm Technique: Meditation without Magic or Mysticism
Calm Technique: Meditation without Magic or Mysticism
by Paul Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaving simple formula., 1 Jun. 2012
I was close to suicide about 30 years ago when a friend recommended that I read this book. I was going through my second divorce, my career was in ruins, and my life generally was in the toilet.Within a week of starting to practise the teachings in this book I was a different person. yes it's about meditation, but no religious bunk.....infact it is so simple when at first you read it you think"this could not possibly work"......but it does. Unfortately the book is out of print in Australia and judging by the fact that I had to buy a used copy through Amazon fear it may also be out of print overseas....I acn't understand why. It is brilliant....very easy to read and simple to practise.

Greatest Hits [Us Import]
Greatest Hits [Us Import]

4.0 out of 5 stars Original hits !, 30 Jan. 2012
It's hard to choose a definitive Buddy Holly CD with so many on the market, but for the true purists these are the original hits, not digitally enhanced, the hits in their original raw state. A top CD featuring all the hits, at least I can't think of any not on this album. That'll Be the Day, Everyday, Oh boy! , Peggy Sue, Maybe Baby, Rave On, It Doesn't Matter Anymore, etc. I was an 18 year old panel operator working for Radio 2UW in Sydney Australia when he was killed and remember it so well , but it wasn't untill last week when wathing a movie where they played Rave On in a jukebox sequence I realised I didn't have a single Buddy Holly record in my collection.This CD has remedied that situation . An excellent album.

In The Line Of Fire [DVD] [1993]
In The Line Of Fire [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Clint Eastwood, 14 April 2011
A must see for Eastwood fans. Clint plays the role of a tough (could he not be?)veteran Secret Service Agent who although ageing requests a detail on the current US Presidents' protection detail against assassin and master of disguise John Malkovich, who plays a villain like no other. A fabulously paced drama gripping from start to finish. the love interest , although not not much of it is played by Rene Russo. A great movie. I have seen it about 6 times.

Silent Witness - Series 1 [1996] [DVD]
Silent Witness - Series 1 [1996] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amanda Burton

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Dec. 2010
What a dreadful disapointment this was. I bought as a Chrismas gift for a friend only to have them phone and say "hey hope this wasn't expensive as the audio and video are out of synch" Very irritating for about 6 hours of viewing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2011 5:40 PM BST

100 Hits Legends - Andy Williams
100 Hits Legends - Andy Williams
Offered by Squirrelsounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Top value.....top quality, 5 Oct. 2010
Gee what great value. Most of Andy Williams early hit recordings plus some that I asn't familiar with. And like most compilations many which I had forgotten about. Even if you have other CDs as I have , this is well worth the investment. A real bargain. This is my third purchase in this series of 100 hits, and never disappointed.

Go Sound / Kirby Stone Touch
Go Sound / Kirby Stone Touch
Offered by Global_Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars great 50s group, 5 Oct. 2010
Great to see this material available once again. They didn't record a huge number of albums but what hey did was top quality and with a very tight vocal unique sound. If you like The four aces , The four lads, the Ames brothers etc, you'll like this. good selection of songs too with things like "Coffee Time" "Buck Dance" an uptempo "Spring Is Here" "When thew Sun Comes Out. Highly recommended.

Frankie Laine - Original Recordings, Vol. 1
Frankie Laine - Original Recordings, Vol. 1
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars original recordings, 20 July 2010
You have to be very careful when buying Frankie Laine recordings as he recorded a lot his material over and over, but these tracks are the original hit versions and a must for any F.L. fan. A good selection.

Heroes
Heroes
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost recordings of Johhny Mathis, 20 July 2010
This review is from: Heroes (Audio CD)
I have a number of Johnny Mathis CDs but this is about the best. All the 1950 material that hasn't been available for 50 years,such as I'm Glad There is You, Baby,Baby, Baby, Warm, Let Me Love You, When I Am With You and lots of standards like Star Eyes, A Handful of Stars, When Sunny Gets Blue. and so on. Two CDs totalling 50 track all digitally remastered this is fantastic value. Buy it ......you won't be disappointed.

Midnight Lace [DVD]
Midnight Lace [DVD]
Dvd ~ Doris Day

5.0 out of 5 stars A little dated but still enjoyable, 11 May 2010
This review is from: Midnight Lace [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this movie when I was about 20 . It's a little dated now but still enjoyable.

100 Hits Legends - Perry Como
100 Hits Legends - Perry Como

5.0 out of 5 stars Value plus for Mr.C, 1 Feb. 2010
This collection of songs from Perry Come is incredibly good value. Although even 100 tracks is struggling to cover all his hits. This is hpwever fantastic value, and the songs have obviously been digitally enhanced because the audio quality is excellent. I thought I had just about everything Mr. C had ever recorded, but some of these songs I had forgotten about, such as "Rambling Rose" ( not to be confused with Nat Coles "Ramblin' Rose) and "Wild Horses" which I had completely forgotten about. Buy this set. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Colin Bentley.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4