Profile for Pam Gibson .Pam Gibson > Reviews

Content by Pam Gibson ...

Pam Gibson .Pam Gibson

Page: 1 | 2
Old Town
Old Town

4.0 out of 5 stars Old Town, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Old Town (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this epic tale of Chinese life through various stages in history. I liked following the main family and associated characters along their own personal journeys. I became involved in everything that was going on looked forward to finding out what happened next.
Well written.
Disappointing conclusion but predictable.

Sharp Objects
Sharp Objects

3.0 out of 5 stars Sharp Objects, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Sharp Objects (Kindle Edition)
Having read and enjoyed two of her later books prior to this one, I found it too 'way out' in certain areas and not very credible. There were too many things floating around which didn't quite gel.

However, why not read it anyway and judge for yourself.

Things I Couldn't Tell My Mother: My Autobiography
Things I Couldn't Tell My Mother: My Autobiography
Price: 3.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Things I couldn't Tell My Mother, 26 April 2013
I was looking for an antidote to weightier reading. - Something about the frank and straightforward style appealed to me - I was not disappointed. .A warm, genuine account of an interesting life with all its ups and downs simply told with humour and feeling - a thoroughly good read.

Mortality
Mortality
Price: 3.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Mortality, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Mortality (Kindle Edition)
Being a great devotee of Christopher Hitchens his swansong was not to be missed, however I found myself profoundly depressed and irritated at his self indulgent meanderings. Of course one cannot help but feel sympathetic towards a brilliant man facing his impending death but I would have rather remembered him in all his glory than been subjected to disjointed highly personal facts and feelings.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
Price: 0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Gone Girl -, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
I was intrigued by the snippets at the front of this book,so looked forward to a really good read...............Massive disappointment! The first half was gripping but from there the plot became loose and ridiculously far fetched, Having been primed for 'an amazing twist' I continued only to find that as so often happens, the whole story fizzled out like a damp squib. It semed as though the author had just run out of steam and signed off - a real writer's cop out.
I don't know what it says about me, but I had imagined some much more devious and 'sick' endings to this story which would have been more conclusive. BIG disappointment.

my life in prison
my life in prison
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars I hav ebeen obiged to click on a star rating in order to proceed.............I have MUCH to say!, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: my life in prison (Kindle Edition)
THE CONTENT OF THIS BOOK WAS COMPLETELY RUINED BY THE FACT THAT IT WAS UNINTELIGIBLE!!!!! GOD KNOWS WHAT AMAZON WAS THINKING OF AS THE TEXT WAS JUMBLED AND SLASHED FROM THE OUTSET . THE AUTHOR SHOULD BE HORRIFIED AS I HAD TO STRUGGLE AND SWEAR IN ORDER TO READ IT AT ALL!
YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THIS AND CONSIDER WHAT THE POINT IS IN SENDING OUT A COPY WHICH IS AN UTTER DISGRACE....HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? I AM A GREAT SUPPORTER OF KINDLE AND HAVE TWO DEVICES - THE ORIGINAL KINDLE AND KINDLE FIRE HD, BUT IF THIS APPALING COPY CONTINUES ( THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME!) I WILL NOT ONLY NOT TO CEASE TO RECCOMMEND KINDLE, BUT SERIOUSLY TAKE UP THE ISSUE WITH YOUR COMPANY.
i AM UNABLE TO REVIEW THIS BOOK AS I HAVE HATED THE EXPERIENCE OF TRYING TO INTERPRET NONSENSE ......THIS BOOK WOULD APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY A RETARDED ALIEN - NO FAULT OF THE AUTHOR.

SORT THIS OUT!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2013 10:29 PM BST

Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thursdays in the Park, 22 Jan 2013
A pleasant story about close relationships especially between husband and wife. Rather irritating in its' prosaic 'comfortable' format and totally predictable. Most women could relate to aspects of this book. An easy read.

Life Of Pi
Life Of Pi
Price: 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Life of Pi, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Life Of Pi (Kindle Edition)
MAGNIFICENT! I cannot recommend this book highly enough. - Once started I couldn't put it down. Many profound aspects relating to Religion and wonderful insights into our relationship with animals. I learnt a lot from this, particularly in respect of the question of animals in captivity. I had great admiration and respect for the main protagonists - Pi and Richard Parker - a credible and perfect portrayal of friendship based on reality and mutual needs. A harrowing yet strangely gentle story of endurance and survival.
EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK.

The Snow Child
The Snow Child
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The Snow Child, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Snow Child (Kindle Edition)
A lovely esoteric story which held my attention throughout with sympathy for all the characters. Interesting twists and turns. Very profound and touching. Well worth reading twice.

Midnight in Peking: The Murder That Haunted the Last Days of Old China
Midnight in Peking: The Murder That Haunted the Last Days of Old China

4.0 out of 5 stars Midnight in Peking, 22 Jan 2013
A gripping true story which held my attention throughout. An interesting piece of modern history with special reference to the British situation in China with relevant aspects of the Chinese culture.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2013 11:16 AM GMT