Profile for sniffit > Reviews

Content by sniffit

sniffit

Page: 1 | 2
Pottery in Roman Britain (Shire Archaeology)
Pottery in Roman Britain (Shire Archaeology)
by Guy de la Bedoyere

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly illustrated., 6 May 2017
I bought this book after discovering tons of Roman pottery in the spoil-heaps of a drain digging operation. I filled 5-6 carrier bags with pottery fragments, which appear to have been dumped in a Roman refuse pit. The book is interesting, however I found it was inadequately illustrated for my needs. Most of the illustrations are just line drawings, rather than clear photographs, and it doesn't help me identify the various types of pottery I've collected.

Zhiyun Crane V2 + Remote, 3-axis Stabilizer Handheld Gimbal for DSLR Canon,Nikon, Sony Alpha7 and Panasonic With EACHSHOT Cleaning Cloth
Offered by EachShot

5.0 out of 5 stars After seeing the reviews on YouTube I decided I needed ..., 4 Feb. 2017
After seeing the reviews on YouTube I decided I needed one of these gimbals. I'm going to say that setting it up to begin with takes some practice, but you soon get the hang of it. Using the Zhiyun Crane also takes some practice. It eliminates tilting perfectly whilst you're walking along with it. But you still get some 'up and down' motion due to the fact that your body does that when you walk. That may be overcome with a lot of practice also? So far, though, I'm over the moon with it. It's going to be a worthwhile investment.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Feb. 2017
I'm really pleased with this item.

Pixel TC-252/N3 Timer Remote Control for Canon - Multi-Colour
Pixel TC-252/N3 Timer Remote Control for Canon - Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 May 2016
I'm shooting some excellent time-lapse videos with the help of two of these.

The Food and Cooking of Malaysia and Singapore: Discover the Exotic Flavours of a Cuisine That Blends Malay, Indian and Chinese Traditions with 75 Recipes and Over 250 Photographs
by Ghillie Basan

Epic Trailer
Epic Trailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 May 2016
This review is from: Epic Trailer (MP3 Download)
Excellent track. Perfect for the video I'm making.

Easy Listening: Cocktail Time
Easy Listening: Cocktail Time

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of Coktail Time, 8 Feb. 2013
The first 15 tracks, by Christian Bonzi, are superb. However, I can't say the same for the remainder by Marco. I downloaded the entire album but ended up deleting Marco's tracks. Well worth listening to.

The Three Tiles: A Remarkable Account of What Was, What is and What Could Have Been
by Julian Evan-Hart

5.0 out of 5 stars Intrigue at its best., 28 Nov. 2012
Having known the author, Julian Evan-Hart, for many years I have always been acquainted with his literary skills regarding wartime aviation history. The Three Tiles, however, is a complete deviation from his normal genre and I was quite taken aback when he asked me to edit the book for him. I can honestly say that it was a real privilege to be the first person to actually read the book and found it thoroughly entertaining. Julian's idea that so many events throughout the history of a tiny village could be so inter-linked, resulting in a major arcaeological discovery, has resulted in this incredible literary achievement. His second novel is currently in progress and promises to be even more intriguing.

Ed King
Ed King
by David Guterson

2.0 out of 5 stars Review for Ed King, 10 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Ed King (Paperback)
We all like a book that we simply cannot put down. Sadly, for me, Ed King just didn't come into this genre. I could put it down for hours, days, and even a week at one point, before going back to where I'd left off. I just couldn't find the storyline captivating enough to even get beyond the third chapter. So I did what the author actually expected us all to do... I went straight to page 237 to see what the fuss was all about. When I got there I was greatly disappointed.
If you're a thrill-seeker looking for an exciting read then I wouldn't recommend this one. The only thrill I got was selling the book on Ebay for a fiver!

Sony Movie Studio HD 10 Platinum Suite (PC)
Sony Movie Studio HD 10 Platinum Suite (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Registration/Activation, 1 Jun. 2011
I bought Sony Movie Studio HD10 and wished I hadn't. After installing the software you cannot use it until it has been registered. Registering the software seems impossible, as it constantly refuses to register. The software is therefore useless!
Avoid this one!