Profile for Mrs S. K. > Reviews

Serial Mom [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Kathleen Turner
Offered by Digizoneuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 28 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Serial Mom [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
My son LOVES this film, and as I watched it yesterday for about the fifth time, I had to admit, so do I. Ms Turner is suitably manic and murderous, the plot is silly but enthralling - if you haven't seen it, you should.

Grey and scarlet : letters from the war areas by army sisters on active service
Grey and scarlet : letters from the war areas by army sisters on active service
by Ada Harrison

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting book, 28 Jun. 2012
This is a book that gives you pause for thought. When I discovered that a great aunt lost her life during the Japanese invasion of Singapore in 1942 (and won a medal for her bravery at that time) I was desperate to find out more. Her story is mentioned in this book, albeit briefly, which was, for me, hugely interesting. But there are so many stories here, and each one of them is worthy of being read. If you have an interest in the admirable stoicism and dedication of nurses in wartime, this book is a good purchase.

Andrew James 28cm Cast Aluminum Griddle Pan - Suitable For All Types Of Hobs Including Induction

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 28 Jun. 2012
Before I ordered this griddle pan, I took the time to go through the reviews, and was pleased to note that it seems to be universally liked. I'm not going to spoil its track record - the pan is beautifully made, tremendous value for money, cooks like a dream, and is big enough to cook a decent sized meal for (in our case) three. If you're looking for a griddle pan, this is it!

Lily Flame Fairy Dust Scented Candle
Lily Flame Fairy Dust Scented Candle
Offered by J.G. Online Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice perfume, 28 Jun. 2012
If you like sweet, powdery scents, then this is for you. To be honest, I prefer the flower-based Lily Flame candles, such as Rose Petals and Blue Hyacinth, but this is still a lovely perfume, and I am enjoying the aroma while it lasts (which, being Lily Flame, will be a decent length of time).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, a decent bra!, 28 Jun. 2012
I'd almost given up my search for a comfortable bra in my (large) size, and this has more than fulfilled my expectations. Comfy to wear, looks okay, fits like a dream. What more can I say?

Stunning Purple Diamante Dragonfly Brooch (Silver Tone)
Stunning Purple Diamante Dragonfly Brooch (Silver Tone)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very pretty little brooch, 28 Jun. 2012
I really do like this brooch. For the price, it's extremely well made and is lovely to look at. The aurora borealis crystals especially are a joy to behold - when it catches the light (which it does all the time!) it fairly scintillates with a rainbow of glistening hues.

Brooches Store Gold Plated and Swarovski Crystal Pig Brooch
Brooches Store Gold Plated and Swarovski Crystal Pig Brooch
Offered by PYNK Jewellery Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A cute and lovely brooch, 28 Jun. 2012
I've been looking for a pig brooch, and as soon as I spotted this, I knew I just HAD to have it. I was not disappointed! It turned up within two days of ordering and when I opened the little box it came in, I knew immediately that I'd chosen well. The brooch is totally encrusted in crystals, and catches the light beautifully. It seems very well made, and it looks lovely on - very eye-catching. I'm pretty sure this brooch is going to get lots of use, and I can heartily recommend it to anyone who (like me) has a soft spot for little pigs!

Acosta Brooches - Yellow & Topaz Swarovski Crystal - Exotic Golden Dragonfly Brooch / Pendant - Gift Boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 25 Jun. 2012
Okay, I am an addict for dragonfly jewelley. My collection is becoming so large, courtesy of good ol' Amazon, I'm having to hide the bank statements from my old man!

Seriously, this is a real stunner, shimmering and golden-hued. To be honest, I ummed and aahed about which brooch to get (there's a rather chic red dragonfly brooch I've also got my eye on) but I am very glad I chose this. I wore it last week and got two compliments on it within the first half hour!

Sparkling AB Crystal Corsage Brooch (Silver Tone)
Sparkling AB Crystal Corsage Brooch (Silver Tone)
Offered by Avalaya Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars A knockout brooch!, 25 Jun. 2012
Wow! The operative word here is "bling"! I was taken aback when I first delved into the box and saw the brooch, as it really does sparkle and shimmer. The only problem now is that it's probably a wee bit too large and glittery for everyday wear, which is a pity. Having said that, I *may* take it for a jaunt to Sainsburys this afternoon - what the hell, why not? ;-)

Easy Iron Blend of Combed Cotton Percale  King Fitted Sheet in Cerise Pink
Easy Iron Blend of Combed Cotton Percale King Fitted Sheet in Cerise Pink
Offered by Textile Warehouse Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, pretty colour, 25 Jun. 2012
The sheet seems well made and comfortable, and its depth is enough to cope with my rather plump mattress! The colour is nice, too...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4