Profile for breaksense > Reviews

iPad Air Case (Black) -0460
iPad Air Case (Black) -0460
Offered by JEDirect UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but don't expect it to last a year, 14 Dec. 2016
I've had 2 of these. They don't last very long (approx. 6-9 months). They're brittle and bits fall off them, so as time goes on you have less and less case remaining!

I’m on here because my second one has now lost most of the edge holding it in, so I’ve just bought a more expensive (different) make, in the hope it lasts longer!

Microsoft Lumia 950 5.2 inch 32 GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Microsoft Lumia 950 5.2 inch 32 GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement phone for my Nokia 930, 27 July 2016
I very happy with this! I read some of the reviews about it crashing and so on, so I waited a while to give MS time to fix them, before buying one.

I've had it a couple of weeks and no problems with it at all. Although the 950 (not the 950 XL) doesn’t come with the wireless charger like the 930 did, so I spent an additional £25 on a replacement phone back which has wireless charging included.

The Nokia 930 was the best phone I’ve had. Windows 8 might suck on a PC, but it rocks on a phone. Anyway, the Lumia 950 is Windows 10…. and it’s good too.

So it’s what I wanted, i.e. an upgrade to my 930. Didn’t realise I had to buy the wireless charger separately, but aside from that I’m happy with it. It’s a refined version of the one I had and it’s not crashed on me at all.

Body Language: and Behavioral Profiling
Body Language: and Behavioral Profiling

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, nothing new, 12 July 2012
I've read many body language books and this one is just, well, boring. And there are no pictures! Can't help thinking that was a colossal mistake by the publisher / author - what with body language being highly visual.

There may be new stuff in it; I only got about of a third of the way through. But I doubt it.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Xbox 360)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 10 Feb. 2012
Darn thing cost me four weekends; I can't put it down. And now I can't sell it either because the downloadable content is awesome as well. I advise you play on hardest level so it lasts longer. And get the "The Missing Link" downloadable content as well.

Enjoy!

CQ Poker 500 HIGH ROLLER Numbered Poker Chips + Case, Cards, Dice, Dealer Button

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality poker chips at a fab price, 29 Dec. 2011
Just spent another highly enjoyable day with family. And we played an equally enjoyable session of poker using these very poker chips.

Before I bought this set we tried a cheaper poker set, which was good (far better than pennies or matches!), but this set is so much better. Ok, the packs of cards are of low quality and we had to replace both pretty quickly. And I'm still not sure what the dice are for.

But the chips - the things you're paying for - are fab! Good quality, weighty and for the uninitiated - numbered. We've had unnumbered chips; all I can say is: pay the extra and get numbered ones. Plus this set has 500 pieces, which is better because more people can play and you don't run out of chips too quickly.

Don't let the (cheap) price put you off, these poker chips are good.

Mind Programming: From Persuasion and Brainwashing to Self-Help and Practical Metaphysics
by Eldon Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars When logical deduction took a holiday, 4 Dec. 2010
I have so many problems with this book, the first being that I bought it. It's a self-help book, which I missed. That said, I did read most of it... you never know!

The best part is several extracts from an advertising manual, absolutely fascinating. But then it's down hill from there on. And it's quite a steep hill.

He deducts that since there is a specific region of the brain that lights up for spiritual thoughts, that therefore means everybody is spiritual and therefore non-believers deliberately override this "innate" state to become non-believers. That is: they fight against their natural "believer" state to become a non-believer. Genius.

He also uses the same flawed logic to deduce that the self-help CDs he's trying to sell you - work, on the basis that when he sent them to be scientifically tested they could not prove that they do not work.

This self-help technique - that he's so proud of - involves playing subliminal messages, one side (left ear) normally (whatever normal subliminal is) and the other side (right ear) the same subliminal message but in reverse! Backwards!

The book also contains a chapter covering various mind-control techniques including obvious subjects, MKULTRA for example, but bizarrely also psychics, and mediums... At which point I could not force myself to read any more.

I put it in the recycler bin to spare anyone else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2015 4:20 PM BST