Profile for M. Regan > Reviews

Content by M. Regan

M. Regan (Cardiff, Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
Tracy Anderson Method [DVD]
Tracy Anderson Method [DVD]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Would get 5 stars from me if she gave proper instruction, 4 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method [DVD] (DVD)
Pros
*Results are undeniable, if you do it daily (as suggested) then you will see results in a few weeks. It changes your body shape & even managed to tone my huge arms so big thumbs up!
*Burns more calories than you'd think. Yes it hurts when you're doing it but I don't sweat like a do at the gym but still clocks up about 225 calories according to my HRM
*I don't know any other workout like this. It activates muscles you wouldn't normally use with other workouts & so it really does pull you in. It's a great compliment to all other activities.

Cons
*Tracey can be a bit pouty & generally irritating. Mostly because she doesn't give proper instruction. It would really help to know proper technique & when she changes movement but she rarely tells you anything. You get used to it.
*To see effective results this mat workout should be done 6 times a week which can be time consuming (workout is about 50 mins)
*The music is uninspiring so doesn't help gee you on when you're really burning (& believe me you will burn, especially with the arms)
*She doesn't do a balanced workout so I alternate starting with left or right. I'd recommend this to ensure even result

If you buy it & put in the hours you will see results.

Joyland (Hard Case Crime) (Hard Case Crime Novels)
Joyland (Hard Case Crime) (Hard Case Crime Novels)
by Stephen King

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 7 Aug. 2013
As with all Stephen King I found this book almost impossible to put down. His characterisation is impeccable & as usual fell in love/hate with many of the people in this novel.
There is a little mysticism involved but mostly it's a well written crime novel & something King does very well.

Exoticglitter LYDC LADIES HANDBAG / LAPTOP BAG / BRIEFCASE Tan
Exoticglitter LYDC LADIES HANDBAG / LAPTOP BAG / BRIEFCASE Tan

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice as a bag but doesnt fit my laptop, 1 Aug. 2013
The bag arrived in good time & was well packaged however I have had to mark it down as it isnt fit for purpose-my work laptop doesn't fit into it.
The colour is a brighter than on screen but that's understandable as it can be hard to judge the colours online.
I'm keeping it though as it's a nice bag & will be suitable as a briefcase bag.

The Lumineers
The Lumineers

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular Listening, 13 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Lumineers (Audio CD)
I'd heard 'hey ho' on various adverts & tv shows so bought the albumn. I was not disappointed (which I have been by many single song purchases, 'Fun' I am talking to you!!)
I have listened to this almun at least 10 times in the past week, it really is excellent. People would liken it to mumford & sons I guess so if you like them I would recommend this to (even my incredibly fussy muso husband was impressed)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2012 12:32 PM GMT

Rayman Origins (PS3)
Rayman Origins (PS3)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awesome Gaming, 13 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Rayman Origins (PS3) (Video Game)
Please, please, please make more of these genre of games. It is quite simply awesome play, great graphics & the world of non violent gamers deserves more of this class :-)

A Good Day
A Good Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Beautiful, 25 Jan. 2011
This review is from: A Good Day (Audio CD)
I, like most of the other reviewers, first heard of priscilla when she was supporting Ray La Montagne in concert. She has a truly beatiful clarity to her voice & her songs are very catchy. I must have listened to this albumn hundreds of times now & it is going in my favourites pile.

Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD]
Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood, Sweat & A FIT BODY!!, 17 Jan. 2011
I love Jillians DVDs. She is a great motivator & does a thorough workout. Like she says unless you work really hard you wont get quick results. I am always dripping with sweat after this DVD but am happy that I have put in so much effort to get a fit, toned body.
Would certainly recommend this.

My Fitness Coach - Get In Shape (Wii)
My Fitness Coach - Get In Shape (Wii)
Offered by EXPRESS GAMES BOUTIQUE

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough-Just OK!, 28 Jan. 2010
I was really looking forward to using this but have been rather disappointed.
I am relatively fit & am already used to most yoga, excersise moves which is lucky as the instruction on this personal trainer is not comprehensive enough for people to use the correct form (which could lead to injury or just not getting the desired reults). There is barely any cooldown which is essential to minimise the aches & pains. I also find that puttin in the measurements is a bit silly as she doesnt tell you what they were last time so I had no idea if I had changed at all & it's also time consuming because you have to have to start from 0 & usually work your way up quarter of an inch a time.
you can see I have given 3 * as this isnt totally terrible but I thought I would point out all the bad bits. I think I will go back to my fitness DVDs

Natalie Cassidy's Then & Now Workout [DVD]
Natalie Cassidy's Then & Now Workout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Natalie Cassidy
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a go, it's working for me., 26 May 2009
Having given up the gym (bloomin credit crunch)I bought this DVD to have a decent work out at home & it hasn't disappointed. Not a bad warm up & the next 2 sections really do work up a sweat. I have seen results after doing it 4 times a week for 3 weeks. The instruction isnt always perfect & they don't always work in time with the music.I do always have to do my own cool down as well as the one on this DVD doesnt do enough.

Talk To Me
Talk To Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 23 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Talk To Me (Audio CD)
A brilliant, catchy & classy CD. A must have for lovers of Imelda May, Blue Harlem or just blues & swing!

Page: 1 | 2