Profile for Andrew Baisden > Reviews

Content by Andrew Baisden

Andrew Baisden "Knowledge is power, i am trying to be the best version of myself." (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones - Silver
Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the BEST Bluetooth headphones right now, 26 Jun. 2016
Bluetooth wireless headphones have always been something that I have wanted to own. The freedom of having no wires has always appealed to me. I have a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre Solo2 On-Ear Headphones which are wired and I believed that it would only be natural for me to go for a wireless variant next. However, after owning two pairs of Beats Solo2 which have fallen apart I decided that it was time for a change.

After doing a considerable amount of research I managed to narrow it down to the Bose QuietComfort 35 and the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0. In the end I opted to go with the Bose because they are newer, they don’t have the Bluetooth issues that the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 have and Bose have the best noise cancelling headphones on the market period.

I received these on the 19/06/2016 so I have had them for about 1 week as of right now.

Design

The Bose QC 35 is simply beautiful in my opinion. I decided to buy the silver colour it’s a personal preference but I just find them to be much better looking than the black version. They stand out more you are going to get noticed wearing them because the colour is so prominent. I just find the black version a little too generic for my tastes it could be mistaken for looking like any other headphone out there but the silver version is unmistakably Bose or something very expensive and high end. Some people might disagree but that is just my point of view on it.

A black hard case is included in the packaging for storage and travel. It stores the headphones as well as the cable and adaptors in a nice neat package. These headphones can fold away into a smaller form factor making them very compact.

Comfort

This is an area that you need not worry about at all. They are called QuietComfort for a good reason. Let me put it like this. You can wear these all day for hours on end and not even worry about how they feel on your head. There is no clamping force whatsoever, I have an average sized head I would say and I don’t have any problems with them. The ear cups are big enough to cover your whole ear and the comfort is just right. Not too tight and a good seal so you can enjoy the music.

There is a nice thick spongy headband underneath the top of the headphones which is covered in a soft fabric. Again I would like to reiterate that these are very comfortable on your head, I would go as far as to say that these ARE the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn.

I don’t feel like I have any of the head fatigue or tension experienced with other headphone brands. These are by far my favourite in terms of comfort level. I have not noticed any ear sweating from extended usage either yet.

Build Quality

They look and feel pretty sturdy and durable as far as I can tell. You can see just by looking and holding them that they are made using a very premium high end material. They have a metal, plastic type feel to them and the top of the headband has leather as do the ear cups themselves. I think these are fantastic I know it has only been a week but they seem like they are going to last a while. Overall these headphones are very lightweight.

Bose have designed it to use a 3.5mm Male to 2.5mm Male cable. While I would have preferred that they did not use the smaller 2.5mm for the headphones port and instead opted for 3.5mm both sides which is usually standard I don’t find it to be a big problem. I primarily use these wireless anyway but I have to say that the cable holds its place well it does not feel like its going to fall out.

Battery Life

Battery life is listed at 20-hour battery life per charge, and up to 40 hours in wired mode. I admit I have not extensively tested these out yet but there is no reason to doubt these figures. They came pre charged at approximately 70% and I have been using them every day for a few hours. The battery went down to about 20% just yesterday after 6 days’ usage which I think is amazing considering they had not even been charged to 100%. They also don’t appear to discharge and lose battery when switched off like some headphones do.

Yesterday I charged them up to 100% and I don’t believe it took that long either, an hour or so at most if I recall.

Bluetooth

The Bluetooth works about as well as you would expect it to. So far I have connected them to the following devices without any problems whatsoever.

Samsung 40" JU7000 7 Series Flat UHD 4K Smart 3D LED TV

The range seems to be fairly good although I have not tested it from long distance. To be fair I don’t plan on going that far from my devices the only exception would be the TV. But for something like a phone it is always going to be in your pocket or on a surface.

These also have voice notifications which is very cool. So you know when its turning on/off as well as pairing and connecting and disconnecting from different devices. It also tells you when the battery is low and how much battery is left.
I can also confirm that these do not appear to have any lag when watching videos or playing games which is sometimes the case with Bluetooth audio devices.

When you first connect these wirelessly to your phone you are prompted to download the Bose Connect App. This app allows you to manage which devices are connected which is pretty cool. The one thing I wish it had was an equaliser so that we could adjust the sound profiles for each device.

The Bose QC 35 can simultaneously connect to two devices at the same time. What these means is that you can connect them to a phone and tablet for example and whichever device is playing automatically plays through the headphones. Let me tell you how it works. So its connected to two devices and you want to listen to music on your phone for example. All you have to do is play something on your phone and make sure that whatever you have playing on your iPad has stopped or is paused its that simple. It also works vice versa for any device. Just play what you want be it a video or audio on one device and make sure noting is playing on the other one and it will automatically switch to what is playing and make that the primary device that is connected which is so cool! Not need to worry about paring and un-pairing.

Soundstage

I am by no means a true audiophile so I will give you my opinion based on an average music listener. Ok so here is a little bit of truth. I admit I was very sceptical when buying these headphones because I was unable to find a demo unit for them in store. I did manage to listen to the Bose QuietComfort 25 but people have been saying that the soundstage is not exactly the same so I did not have a proper reference. I am an avid fan of bass filled songs which is why I have bought brands like Beats and V-MODA in the past. Bose have never been known for having lots of bass with their headphones the soundstage tends to be more flat so I was not sure what to expect. It was a very close call between these and the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 because I had heard the former in store and I knew that they would have the bass I desired. The Bose QC 35 have been getting stellar reviews and people have been commenting on the improved soundstage and more bass so I figured I would take the gamble and buy them.

I am happy to say that bass lovers are going to fall in love with these once you break them in! I have compared them to my Beat Solo2 and while they appear to have a little more bass the the Bose I find that the Bose have a more natural sounding bass profile which brings songs to life in a much better way! So basically I’m saying that these are just on a completely different level I’m hearing more instruments in songs I have had for years than I knew existed!

My taste in music is more based around hip hop and rap but I have sampled a few different genres. Each one sounds simply stunning, the songs have a new lease of life to them. Again I do not consider myself a true audiophile but if you just compare these to any other headphone out there you can tell that there is something different happening in here it is like light and day.

What sets these apart is the Acoustic Noise Cancelling technology which truly is like magic and is exclusive to Bose nobody does it better. Once they are turned on its like being in your own world it significantly cuts out the outside noise so it is just you and the music. The feeling is truly surreal and you have to experience this for yourself to understand. This is another one of the reasons why the soundstage is so good there a very few headphones that exist which can cut out all of the outside noise and leave you with nothing but an amazing soundstage.

I’m going to save the best for last…. You CAN use these wired with and without the Acoustic Noise Cancelling turned on. So if you want to go into your own world and not have anything outside distracting you then you can. And if you want to be self aware and maybe hear some of what is happening outside then you can do that too! One thing to be aware of though is that when it is connected through the Bluetooth you are always going to have the Acoustic Noise Cancelling set on it is not possible to switch it off.

Another thing to be aware of his how these play music. Because this is a high quality product it is going to make high quality audio songs sound amazing and you will be able to tell the difference between something that is very compressed too. It really brings out the sound so just be aware of this it can make it easy to detect when a song has had significant compression as it wont sound as good.

I have not noticed any significant sound leakage at normal listening volumes so far.

Conclusion

These are the BEST Bluetooth headphones right now, yes I know I already said that in my title but I want to make sure that it sinks in! For those of you worried about bass I already told you that its much improved in this generation. If you are still unsure go check it out in a store and judge for yourself but based on all the positive reviews on here and in the media, we can’t all be wrong surely?

I highly recommend these headphones; Bose have made a winner!

Pros
- Beautiful Design
- Lightweight
- Amazing Soundstage
- Decent amount of bass

Cons
- Expensive

Beats Solo2 On-Ear Headphones - Black
Beats Solo2 On-Ear Headphones - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Beats, Beats, Beats?, 25 Jun. 2016
These are very good headphones and perfect for those of us who love the bass! The soundstage is very diverse and I don’t feel like the bass is overpowering on all songs. They are portable and the carry case is small enough to fit in your bag. I also like the way how they can fold up making them very portable to store and carry around. And because these are beats they look fantastic, a true fashion statement. Gone are the days when Dr. Dre beats were known as looking good but sounding bass heavy and having nothing else. Now they really can hold their own out there in the crowded market which is full of headphones.

So as you can see I sound really enthusiastic about these headphones so why only 3 stars you are thinking? Well that is because I am on my second pair of Beats Solo 2 Headphones and I don’t plan on buying anymore! That is because my first pair lost sound on one of the sides and had to be thrown out as it had become useless. This happened only after 5-6 months. And now my second pair has ear pads which are falling apart as you can see in the pictures. This happened a few months ago too.

The build quality is absolutely terrible for such an expensive product. They always fall apart. So I made the best decision I could make and decided to by the Bose QC 35 instead of getting the Beats Solo 2 wireless when I wanted Bluetooth headphones. I just don’t see the point in throwing my money into a fire again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bluetooth Headphones Sports, SoundPEATS Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sports Earphones with Mic for Running (Black/Red)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Audio

5.0 out of 5 stars How can something so cheap be so GOOD!, 25 Jun. 2016
I was looking for a good pair of Bluetooth wireless earphones for recreational usage as well as gym workouts and running. Because there is such a variety of products and reviews I decided to buy 3 of the most popular ones. My reason was because a lot of people have talked about durability and how long these last on average. It seems to be arbitrary so I figured I would just try a few and make the time and investment instead of basing my decision on a few personal reviews because everyone is different.

This review is for the SoundPEATS QY7 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sports Earphones

Design

I decided to buy these in the Black/Red colour because I wanted them to have the same look as the Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats2 Wireless. They might not look as good as the beats but considering the extreme price difference between the two that should not come as a surprise. I for one don’t have any issues with the way they look.

There is a remote built into both earbuds so you can control the volume as well as turn them on and off as well as pairing.

Comfort

Out of the 3 earphones I bought I would have to say these win when it comes to overall comfort levels. Because of the design these have a much better seal in the ear even though they don’t have the hooks on them like the other two. They still seem to stay in my ears I have not had them fall out yet.

Build Quality

Ok I am not going to lie they do feel cheap but then that’s because they are. The materials used are not as premium but I don’t think it matters that much as they don’t feel like they are going to break right now.

Battery Life

These last for about 5 hours on one charge but apparently they charge quickly. All I know is that I took them to work to try them out on one day of the week and they lasted for a few hours before I had to charge them again. So they don’t last as long as the other two when listening to audio non stop but that quick charge should help with that.

Samsung 40" JU7000 7 Series Flat UHD 4K Smart 3D LED TV

These also have voice notifications which is very cool. So you know when its turning on/off as well as pairing and connecting and disconnecting from different devices. It also tells you when the battery is low.

I can also confirm that these do not appear to have any lag when watching videos or playing games unlike the Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats2 Wireless which cost significantly more I might add!

Soundstage

I am by no means a true audiophile so I will give you my opinion based on an average music listener. My taste in music is mostly Rap and Hip hop and as such I am a bass lover. Luckily these things have lot of bass even more than the Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats2 Wireless. The overall soundstage is also one of the best I have heard for wireless earphones too.

These are fast becoming one of my favourites for listening to music on the go. As for listening to anything else you can expect a fairly similar experience. At the very least an average sound which is more than good enough for the normal listener. The music listening experience is fairly enjoyable I am never going back to wired earphones again!

Conclusion

I have to admit that these were a last minute impulse buy from Amazon I only planned on getting the other two. But then I looked at the reviews on here and YouTube and for such a cheap price I could not resist adding them to the mix. It has paid off because I think that these are MUCH better than the Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats2 Wireless In-Ear Headphones which look like a fortune in comparison! So what have we learned? The most expensive is NOT always the best and sometimes you really are just paying for the logo.

Plantronics BackBeat FIT Wireless Stereo Headphones with Armband for Smartphone - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars These are one of the best!, 25 Jun. 2016

SoundPEATS QY7 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sports Earphones

This review is for the Plantronics BackBeat FIT Wireless Stereo Headphones with Armband for Smartphone – Blue

Design

You know what I really like the look of these! I was not so sure to begin with because of the limited choice of colours. Red, black and green and blue. Not typical colours you would want if you are trying to keep a low profile. I opted to get the blue which also comes with a matching case. I need not have worried because as far as I’m concerned they look great and I can’t speak for everyone else but wireless earphones are cool!

Comfort

They are shaped very similarly to the Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats2 Wireless In-Ear Headphones. These are going to stay on your ears because of the hook they have on each side which is just awesome. In terms of comfort its only been a week and I have not been wearing them all the time but I would say that they feel good. I have to admit that I have experienced some discomfort in my right ear from extended usage but I’m thinking it was because of the positioning I had them in. I literally just tried a different position with a less tight seal and so far I’m not feeling that pain I have had the last few times I wore them!

Build Quality

These appear to be all plastic and rubberised including the earbuds which don’t appear to be interchangeable. They feel like they can hold up to lost of movement and wear and tear. I’m liking the durability of these they seem tough.

Battery Life

These are listed at 8 hours of listening time and charging is pretty fast as well. I did take them to work one day and listened to music much of the day. They still had life in them when I got home so I am not worried too much about the batter life at this point. And you not need worry about workouts too these have more than enough juice to get you through a gym session or some running.

Samsung 40" JU7000 7 Series Flat UHD 4K Smart 3D LED TV

These also have voice notifications which is very cool. So you know when its turning on/off as well as pairing and connecting and disconnecting from different devices. You can even check the battery life.

When you first connect them to your phone its recommends you to download some apps for it. This is what happened when I first connected them to my iPhone I assume it would be the same for android but I have not tested it. The apps are BlackBeat Fit and PLT Hub. These allow you to sync your headset, read the manual and upgrade firmware.

Soundstage

Conclusion

The Plantronics were well worth the money I paid for them I am hoping that they can last the distance. The armband case is too small for my iPhone 6S Plus but it does fit my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Its not a major problem for me anyway it’s the earphones that I really wanted. Besides there are so many travel cases here on Amazon.

Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless In-Ear Headphones - Black
Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless In-Ear Headphones - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars There is better out there, 25 Jun. 2016

SoundPEATS QY7 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sports Earphones

This review is for the Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats2 Wireless In-Ear Headphones – Black

Design

In my opinion these looks beautiful, which is what you would expect from any headphones made by Dr. Dre. These are fashion statements and I must admit that I feel cool when I am wearing these. I also tend to notice when other people are wearing them too they truly stand out and for a good reason. I have the black version with the red logo and cable, it also comes with a matching carry case which completes the look.

There is an inline remote on the cable which is super easy to use. It has the volume rocker as well as a microphone for taking calls.

Comfort

When it comes to comfort I think it’s a bit of a mixed bag. I don’t know if its because of the way my ears are shaped but I just find that the left side tends to feel a little uncomfortable after extended usage sometimes. Different sized earbuds are available so its possible that I might be able to get a better fit although I don’t think it will give me a huge improvement. I can listen to these for a few hours but there is a little bit of pressure tension and that feeling of relief when I take them out occasionally but not all the time. I would not say it’s a deal breaker you do get used to it eventually and it becomes less of an issue maybe I just need to break them in longer.

One thing I really like about these is the hook which allows them to go over your ears. These are going to stay on even when doing a vigorous workout or run. The cable length can also be adjusted making these really easy to manage.

Build Quality

I have seen a lot of people talking about how these break after a few months which is why I was so sceptical buying these in the first place. Its only been a week so far and they are holding up good. I don’t use them everyday and I always store them in the case when not in use. They seem pretty sturdy and put well together, lets see how well they last over the months that come.

Battery Life

The battery is listed to last about 6 hours long and in my testing so far I would say that it’s a good estimate. I took it to work on one occasion and listened to music for much of the day and the battery died on the way back home which I suppose is fair. No doubt it would last longer if not used constantly throughout the day. Charging time has not been timed and I could be wrong but I think it was up to 1 hour approx.

Samsung 40" JU7000 7 Series Flat UHD 4K Smart 3D LED TV

I don’t think these have any voice commands built into them. When connecting devices, it just plays a tune so you know it has connected. The other two I bought both have voice commands for pairing, connected and battery low.

I noticed that there is something very important about these earphones which some people may find to be a major drawback. Audio playback appears to be fine so you don’t need to worry too much about that. But I have noticed that there is about a 0.5 – 1 second lag when watching video and playing games. This means that people speaking are going to be out of sync and if you are playing a first person shooter then you are going to see and hear a visible lag when you shoot a gun for example which is a big problem. For the price you pay for these you would expect better, there are cheaper earphones available that do a better job!

Soundstage

I am by no means a true audiophile so I will give you my opinion based on an average music listener. Now as we all know Dr. Dre is known for having headphones which are bass heavy. I was expecting these to be just as bass heavy too but unfortunately they are not. They also don’t sound anywhere near as good as the other two I bought and these are supposed to be the expensive premium ones! The Plantronics BackBeat FIT Wireless Stereo Headphones and SoundPEATS QY7 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sports Earphones both have more bass than the beats would you believe. I’m not saying that these don’t have bass because they do its just not a pronounced as the other two, you will still enjoy listening to these though and raising the volume to give you more bass just be careful with the volume.

I still think these sound good, ok about average compared to an expensive set of headphones. The seal is not tight enough which is probably why it does not sound as good as it could, no doubt this is because you have to be actively aware when wearing these outside so they let some noise in. I listen to a variety of music usually Rap and Hip Hop but I did try out a lot of other genres with these. They sound fairly good to me and let’s be fair here you could do a lot worse for this price. I have no problems listening to music on these.

There is some sound leakage but its most notable at loud volumes or if you are in a quiet room. It’s a non issue in a busy noisy work office with lots of people talking and phones going off. For Bluetooth earphones these sound better than I thought they would. Compared to a wired version of similar soundstage I would probably not be able to tell the difference in a test.

Conclusion

I bought these for recreational usage as well as commuting and working out. I would say that right now they are living up to their expectations. For serious audio and video watching I have my Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones which are outstanding. The beats make good alternatives though just so long as you don’t plan on watching video…

OraBrush Tongue Cleaner - Set of 2 - Blue
OraBrush Tongue Cleaner - Set of 2 - Blue
Offered by Dental Mania UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleanest tongue in years, 25 Jun. 2016
This is essential for oral hygiene, i use it about as much as i do my toothbrush. I don't know how i ever survived without it. For years i have like a lot of other people had to deal with that white tongue plaque although mine was not that severe. I used to think it was normal until i discovered this. Happy to say that its a non issue now.

SoundMAGIC E50S In -Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - Gunmetal
SoundMAGIC E50S In -Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - Gunmetal

3.0 out of 5 stars 6 months of nice sound, 25 Jun. 2016
I think these are really good earphones for the price you are buying them at. These sound pretty good considering they are not super high end. A good amount of base, nice enclosure so there is no sound leakage either. The thing about these in ear earphones is that they usually don’t last very long as they tend to be so small and fragile. This is once again the case here. They were really good for about the first 6 months but then they started to fall apart. One of the sides started to lose sound and the covering inside fell off.

Spatone Liquid Iron Dual Pack - Pack of 14 + 28 Sachets
Spatone Liquid Iron Dual Pack - Pack of 14 + 28 Sachets

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron deficiency no more!, 24 Oct. 2015
I have been taking this, every day for my iron deficiency and I have to admit I was not sure if they were working or not. I did feel like I had more energy and that I was less lethargic but I was taking other supplements at the time too so it was hard to tell. Anyway I had a blood test to find out if my iron levels had improved and they had gone up significantly! The absorption rate is as good as they say it is because I did not have such a significant improvement in such a short space of time when I was taking the tablets. My GP told me to stop taking supplements because my iron levels were fine now and it had only been a week.

Spatone Sport 14 Day Liquid Iron Supplement (Packaging May Vary)
Spatone Sport 14 Day Liquid Iron Supplement (Packaging May Vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron deficiency no more!, 24 Oct. 2015

FIFA 16 Deluxe - Steelbook Edition (PS4)
FIFA 16 Deluxe - Steelbook Edition (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another addictive Fifa, 24 Oct. 2015
This is the best Fifa Football game I have ever played it truly is addictive. The realism is very close to life and the overall package is very good. Playing premier league games feels really authentic they even have the background music that they play on the TV channels when they are going through the team sheets. Combined with the commentary most people would find it hard to distinguish if you were playing a game or watching the game, that is assuming that they were not in the same room. The commentary can get a little repetitive at times but it in no way ruins the feel of the game.

What I would like to see in future games is real life Managers on the touchline and having a presence throughout the game and the official license for the Uefa Champions league, with the music. Because right now it is called the Champions Cup.

This is the same Fifa you have always known but now it has a little bit more polish and fluidly to it. Its another one of those yearly must have purchases. I have not played the latest PES but I think most people would agree that the official licenses in EA’s game is enough to make it more of a purchase over PES despite the gameplay comparisons.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2016 4:20 PM GMT