Profile for Eco Chica > Reviews

Content by Eco Chica
Top Reviewer Ranking: 310
Helpful Votes: 1921

Eco Chica "More sunshine please" (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Embroidered Garden: Stitching Through the Seasons of a Flower Garden (Make Good: Crafts + Life)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have..., 26 Jun. 2016
OK, this sounds really bad, but I bought this book for a friend, but actually kept it for myself!
What can I say, its a gem?... I have other (untranslated) Japanese craft books and this book follows the same basic format, but of course its aimed at a Western market. Very clever and endearing little designs that convey a huge love of flora and fauna. I really like the way the author unites her love of stitching with her love of gardening, creativity at its very best!

Gelatin in Nutrition and Medicine
Gelatin in Nutrition and Medicine

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for health fanatics, 26 Jun. 2016
Yeah this is the book I was generally after, without having to spend too much. I can see there are other more modern interpretations out there that give you a bit here and a bit there, kind of thing, but I wanted a more thorough examination of the pros and cons.

Personally I've had amazing results with gelatine consumption, specifically to heal an injured spine. Because I simultaneously noticed other things in my body generally becoming stronger and healing too, I decided to find out more about what's actually going on.

Its a great shame that the BSE crisis meant a lot of people gave up on gelatine based products, but from what I've read so far about human evolution, connective tissue renewal and bone tensile strength, gelatine is at the very heart of our well being and is an essential part of the diet.

This book gives a very careful explanation of the science behind the notion of protein sparing. In short, less is literally more.

Fiskars Premium Planters 137230 Weed Fork
Fiskars Premium Planters 137230 Weed Fork

5.0 out of 5 stars Now my favourite garden tool, 26 Jun. 2016
I paid even more for this tool than is advertised and as there is a sale on now...(places beginning with 'S'!), I recently (yesterday) snapped up their trowel and secateurs.

In my view this fork is worth its weight in gold, no exaggeration. I've got about 5 forks but none of them does the job as well as this one.

I actually bought it to do a specific job that was suggested to me by its unique design and that was to speedily aerate the soil between plants in my 3 raised beds, after prolonged heavy rain.

You find, because the soil doesn't stick to the prongs, you can actually flick through a much wider area of planting medium. Any tool that helps you to work faster is a winner, no doubt about that. Also, the sleek design and lightweight metal means you can always always 'feel' what the fork is
turning over, so that means you disturb less roots and can work much deeper into the gaps between plants to get vital oxygen back down there and stop the algae forming suffocating mats.

Salter 9028 Razor Ultra Slim Technology Electronic Glass Bathroom Scale - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate and generous platform to stand on, 17 Jun. 2016
Love this product, very accurate and reliable. Bit cold to stand on but not bothered as I primarily wanted total accuracy.

Studies in Paleobotany
Studies in Paleobotany
by Henry N. Andrews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great rare black and white images, text is demanding, 17 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Studies in Paleobotany (Hardcover)
This book is hard, I mean really hard but packed with information. I wish someone would revise it and include lots of HD images and then it would be a best-seller. I'm still glad I own it, but boy is it a book for egg-heads...

Draper 76765 Tungsten Carbide Multi-Sharpener
Draper 76765 Tungsten Carbide Multi-Sharpener

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't think about it anymore, just get it, 17 Jun. 2016
I don't know why it took me so long to purchase this product when it is just so blooming good!
No more buying replacement blades for stanley knives, blenders, scissors, cordless trimmers etc.
Because its such a handy size, you can get into awkward places and resuscitate neglected tools that you might have chucked out?
Gonna get one for my Dad too.

Solgar Niacin 500mg 100 Vegicaps
Solgar Niacin 500mg 100 Vegicaps
Offered by reloads

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for eyesight, but don't over do it!, 17 Jun. 2016
Wow, I mean WOW! This product will blow your head off. Think of an all over really hot curry for the body and that's what you're going to experience. I switched to 500mg because I need to detox some toxins faster than 100mg will do.
You're looking at 40 minutes of remaining very red and 10-15 minutes of looking so red if a stranger saw you, they might ring for an ambulance.
This product was recommended to me on the anti-breast cancer forum. YOu need to flush out toxins in order to remain healthy. This product enables you to do that in a very efficient way.

Since taking this higher dose, what I've noticed very clearly as a marked difference to taking the lower dose is the improvement to my eyesight!
I could not believe the difference and looked it up to check it out. Turns out that because all your blood vessels dilate with Niacin, this means increased blood flow to the Optic Nerve. In short, for about 4 hours after taking it, I was able to see all the bright colours and sharp contrast that I remember from being a child.

Notice how people always remember their childhood as 'bright days'. Well it turns out the days aren't darker, its just that the blood supply to your optic nerve is not as it is for a child.

Niacin is also an important anti-depressant.

Organic Molasses, Unsulphured, 16 fl oz (472 ml)
Organic Molasses, Unsulphured, 16 fl oz (472 ml)
Offered by STRATTON UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stuff out there!, 17 Jun. 2016
Don't waste another minute looking for this product, this IS the one you want, because it has no destructive sulphur.
Sulphur kills fungus and so is a complete contradiction to organic gardening principles. Increasing naturally occurring highly beneficial Mycorrhizal fungus is what you are aiming to do with organic gardening. This product ensures the colonies are preserved and better nourished.
I add this product to my vermiculture compost tea recipe. You wanna see what I've managed to grow since I switched to organic!

BioBizz 1L Fish-Mix Liquid
BioBizz 1L Fish-Mix Liquid

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect addition to my recipe for vermiculture compost tea, 17 Jun. 2016
This is a superior product and I will definitely buy it again. I had added it to a vermiculture compost tea recipe that I found on YouTube and the plants are stunning as a result. Since I've switched to completely organic gardening (no tap water, no fake fertiliser made from petroleum derivatives), setting up my 2 compost heaps and my worm hotel, my garden has been totally transformed. I am now getting very experienced gardeners asking me "how on earth did you manage to grow that?". The simple answer is: FEED YOUR SOIL MICROBES and the rhizosphere will take care of itself. Furthermore, organic gardening means you hardly have to water...

Palm Springs Garden Furniture 2 Seater Rattan Wicker Outdoor Dining Table & Chair Set
Offered by The Sports HQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 17 Jun. 2016
This is an excellent set and on top of that, the table is large enough to seat 4 people easily. I would recommend this product as its well made, attractive and sturdy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20