Profile for Duncan > Reviews

Et soudain, tout le monde me manque [Original french version,no english]
Dvd ~ Mélanie Laurent
Offered by BERSERK MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars French ONLY!, 4 Nov. 2014
A delightful film - it certainly streached my French. I thought at first that I wished it had English sub-titles but, on reflection, I know I would have relied on them too much - much better to be forced to concentrate on the French. Duncan Croucher.

The Selfish Pig's Guide To Caring: How to cope with the emotional and practical aspects of caring for someone
by Hugh Marriott

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it if you are a carer., 28 Aug. 2014
Helped me tremendously when I was a carer looking after someone who has now, sadly, died. Now I have given copies to two friends who find themselves in the same position of having to care for dying partners. I certainly recommend this book to anyone in the same position as it combines common sense with humour to help get any carer through the most difficult times.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit!, 28 Aug. 2014
Sadly it did not fit into either of the perfectly standard XLR devices I tried it in. I had to buy replacement plugs and sockets for both leads and now have two excellent connecting cables.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
Wanted to use it on a P90 and so had to saw off the viewfinder part!

Love Is All You Need [DVD] [2012]
Love Is All You Need [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Pierce Brosnan

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful film, 14 Oct. 2013
Such a feel good story - O.K. a bit improbable in places but for pure escapism it is hard to beat. Mind you, I am still convinced that the town shown in the shots from the sea is Amalfi, not Sorrento - but that is just poetic licence.

Pocket Guide to the Butterflies of Great Britain and Ireland
Pocket Guide to the Butterflies of Great Britain and Ireland
by Richard Lewington

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought to replace a butterfly guide which I thought I had lost!, 14 Oct. 2013
An excellent guide. It's best aspect being the life size illustrations but also the fairly basic information given. I like it.

Butterflies and Moths (RSPB Pocket Nature)
Butterflies and Moths (RSPB Pocket Nature)
by DK

3.0 out of 5 stars Butterflies and Moths, 22 Sept. 2013
Fairly extensive but I am a bit surprised that RSPB have put their name to it, all birds would use it for is as a menu! It covers most of Europe, and is Dorling Kindersley - if you know what I mean.

NIV Deluxe Bible (Burgundy Leather)
NIV Deluxe Bible (Burgundy Leather)
by New International Version

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy for church reading, 22 Sept. 2013
The only other large print NIV bible which I have seen is on such thin paper as to make it almost unreadable. I know that this is only 10pt but that is certainly better than most. One word of warning to anyone who needs an NIV bible; there have been at least six U.S. and Anglizised version and it is not easy to be certain which is being offered.

HTDZ Professional Shotgun Microphone Mic for Sony Camcorder
HTDZ Professional Shotgun Microphone Mic for Sony Camcorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Strictly for the birds, 22 Sept. 2013
I know that this microphone is advertised as being for recouding meetings but I wanted an inexpensive one for recording bird song. At the price there is really nothing comparable. Parabolic reflectors are too bulky and anything else tends to be much more expensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars No information on height of glass, 16 July 2013
Does the job but insuficiant information on dimensions of glass. But what else can I say to fill up the space?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3