Profile for Ms E Somerset > Reviews

Unstoppable Goddess: Every Woman's Guide to Freedom, Fulfilment and Success
Unstoppable Goddess: Every Woman's Guide to Freedom, Fulfilment and Success
by Anna Letitia Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars A Right to Fulfilment and Happiness, 10 Feb. 2017
How many of us have really considered our right to fulfilment and happiness? This book is a great starting point for all women in and beyond the workplace. While those who are looking to change direction or seeking career fulfilment will be inspired by the motivating experience and success talks, the practical exercises and worksheets will have value for readers who are learning the foundations of becoming the architect of their future. The chapters flow, leading us through the stages of self-awareness and evaluation through to visualisation techniques and achieving success. While some of the concepts may not be new to experienced readers of this genre, what this book does is to condense thinking strategies, techniques and tips into a very readable, enjoyable resource for development and personal growth.

Luxury Hot Cold Gel Pack Compress Wrap for Knee Injuries
Luxury Hot Cold Gel Pack Compress Wrap for Knee Injuries
Offered by Gelpacksdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 30 Jun. 2016
Arrived promptly and exactly what I was looking for. The pack freezes quickly, within a couple of hours (haven't tried it as a hot compress) and the built-in sleeve keeps it in position so it can be applied to any joint. I put it over leggings or trousers because I think it would be too cold initially without another layer in between. So far so good.

Curver Two Step Stool
Curver Two Step Stool

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but light, 7 Mar. 2016
Just what I wanted, sturdy yet light, folds aways, feels secure, easy to open/close. Perfect, very pleased.

4 x Orla Kiely Mixed Design Mugs
4 x Orla Kiely Mixed Design Mugs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 23 Jan. 2016
Really happy with these mugs, great colours, good design, and just the right size. The price on Amazon was good value compared to local retailers. So all in all a great purchase.

Voyager: (Outlander 3)
Voyager: (Outlander 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Given up - but am probably in the minority, 23 Jan. 2016
I feel I'm writing this review a bit under false pretences as I didn't actually manage to finish book three. I enjoyed the first one, struggled slightly with the length and content of the second (but was giving it the benefit of the doubt), but now, half way through number three I feel I won't be going any further. The books are too long, unnecessary passages of superfluous detail and tedious repetition. While I know there are huge numbers of fans and supporters I feel I am not sufficiently interested in the characters or the plots to carry on. Having said that, I may pick it up again in the future for final book just to see how the saga ends.

Call the Midlife
Call the Midlife
by Chris Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed and a bit confused, 7 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Call the Midlife (Hardcover)
I finished this book feeling confused about it - what it's aiming to be, what Chris is trying to prove or just who the audience is. I love Chris on Radio 2, and enjoyed his previous two books. He writes well. His humour is sharp and insightful. I was really looking forward to this third book, and perhaps that's why for me it fell short of my expectations. Or maybe I just hadn't understood what the theme was going to be. Part therapy for him, part self-help for us and the diary of a secret marathon runner. While I don't doubt the huge effort that goes into producing the book, and I admire his energy and creativity, I feel this is a wasted opportunity given there are so many other aspects to Chris's life and work that we are interested in and would make more compelling reading. B for effort, C for content.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleased to have read it - and to have finished it., 10 Sept. 2015
Wasn't sure what to expect, but the reviews were mostly very positive. Quite enjoyed it, perhaps I don't have not enough world history knowledge to fully appreciate the back story. Found myself wanting to know how it ended but was pleased to get there and have done it. Would I re-read it? No. However would recommend to anyone who wanted something a bit different. Challenging to put it into any specific genre.

The Invasion of the Tearling: (The Tearling Trilogy 2) (Queen of the Tearling)
The Invasion of the Tearling: (The Tearling Trilogy 2) (Queen of the Tearling)

3.0 out of 5 stars Give it a go for something a bit different, 19 Aug. 2015
Not as good as some other authors in this genre, but better than many of self published also-rans. Interesting concept, though a bit slow and confusing to start with, however the story held my interest enough that I probably will read the third and final instalment. However I wouldn't have gone any further if there had been more than three in the series. Give it a go if you like this sort of thing and want something a bit more unusual.

Scarlet and Ivy - The Lost Twin (Scarlet and Ivy, Book 1)
Scarlet and Ivy - The Lost Twin (Scarlet and Ivy, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Light hearted and fun, 23 Mar. 2015
An ok read, quite enjoyed it but probably not enough to buy the next book in the series.

Durable Mouse Pad Gel - Anthracite Grey
Durable Mouse Pad Gel - Anthracite Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 23 Feb. 2015
Good size, the little pad at the front is just the correct angle and size to rest your wrist and the non slip base actually is non slip. Great colour - not black and doesn't take up too much room on the desk. Excellent value for money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4