Profile for gozo girl > Reviews

Snuggle Bag Dog Bed, Terrier Tunnel - Large Green Polar Fleece
Snuggle Bag Dog Bed, Terrier Tunnel - Large Green Polar Fleece
Offered by Dogs & Co.

5.0 out of 5 stars wish they made them for humans!, 11 Jan. 2016
lovely snuggly dog bed - it's just a shame that my dear fox terrier cross hasn't got a clue how to use it. He has to be put in it and then settles down happily to sleep but so far after 3 weeks has not worked out how to get in for himself! Left to his own devices he lays on the top - very comfy but not what it's designed for.

EDC by Esprit Women's 105CC1I023 Seaming Long Sleeve Jumper, Blue (Navy), X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely useful top, 14 Dec. 2015
really nice stylish top - haven't washed it yet so can't comment but it looks very good - nice light navy blue - wish I'd ordered another in a different colour at the same time.

Bridgedale Merinofusion Trail Women's Sock - Sand, 7-8.5
Bridgedale Merinofusion Trail Women's Sock - Sand, 7-8.5

5.0 out of 5 stars you couldn't ask for more!, 28 Oct. 2015
the best walking socks I have ever had! warm, comfortable, long lasting and not too thick - OK you need to be a bit careful when you wash them as they are part merino wool and they are not cheap but they are well worth the money and I will but them again and again. possibly not heavy enough for winter in the UK but ideal for the chilly, damp conditions of Malta in the winter.

Birthdays for the Dead
Birthdays for the Dead

4.0 out of 5 stars maybe a bit too much!, 2 Sept. 2015
Possibly the most violent book I have ever read and I enjoy Val MacDermid etc. Good story if a little confusing in parts but just so incredibly violent it reads like a film script. If you want total unreality - well I hope it is - and enjoy this type of "failed policeman with a tragic past" genre then this is for you............

Merrell Siren Sport, Women's Lace-Up Trekking and Hiking Shoes - Brown (Olive), 7 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars good value instant comfort!, 23 July 2015
instantly comfortable but really a half size too big for my size 40/UK 7 feet. they are fine with a moderately thick sock but if I bought them again I would have a 6 and a half if it was available. got them in the sale so I won't complain too much. Because they are not waterproof I would not buy these if I was living in the UK but here in Malta the summers are long and dry so no problem!

Dancing With the Virgins (Cooper and Fry Crime Series, Book 2) (The Cooper & Fry Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars an interesting and thought provoking read, 14 April 2015
not a bad read if a little long winded in parts. I enjoy this type of mystery and Booth's descriptions of the countryside and Peak district are always a pleasure. He has a real talent for emotionally repressed characters but there do seem to be rather a lot of them in this dark tale.

Camel Active Womens Float Boots, Blue (Indigo), 6.5 UK
Camel Active Womens Float Boots, Blue (Indigo), 6.5 UK
Offered by Schuhe24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality shoe at an excellent price in the sale, 5 Feb. 2015
haven't worn them yet but on trying on they fit well if a tad narrow - the soft leather will stretch - I was surprised to be ordering a UK 6.5 as I normally buy UK 7 but I went with the size chart recommendation of EU40 = UK 6.5 and it was right. I find this is is also true of Hush Puppies and Karrimor and have to order the half size down if available. Good quality shoe at an excellent price in the sale!

Weirdo
Weirdo

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't usually enjoy crime novels written by women but I really enjoyed ..., 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Weirdo (Kindle Edition)
I don't usually enjoy crime novels written by women but I really enjoyed this - it reminded me of my teenage years in an East Anglian seaside town - good story, keeps you guessing and full of well drawn if weird characters - made me want to read more by this author - 4 stars because it is not superb but it is pretty good!

Heartbreak Hotel
Heartbreak Hotel

5.0 out of 5 stars great holiday read, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Heartbreak Hotel (Kindle Edition)
Lovely easy read from the author of so many. Read this in two days whilst in bed sick - great characters and a happy ending!

Country Doctor
Country Doctor

3.0 out of 5 stars sometimes very funny but not great, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Country Doctor (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book but I really think Dr Sparrow had better stick to the day job - some very funny and touching anecdotes but more suited to an after dinner speech.

Page: 1 | 2