Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now
Profile for Mr. Robert Summerfield > Reviews

Content by Mr. Robert Sum...

Mr. Robert Summerfield (UK)

HP ENVY 5640 e-All-in-One Printer - Instant Ink Compatible
HP ENVY 5640 e-All-in-One Printer - Instant Ink Compatible
Offered by Pearls Books

1.0 out of 5 stars Wireless printing does not work on Windows 10, 20 Feb. 2017
I bought this printer specifically for wireless printing however installation of the printer software fails on my Windows 10 laptop. There is no tech support service from HP, the only support option I have been able to find is via a community support forum. I am tech savvy but have wasted countless hours installing, uninstalling running diagnostics researching the error messages all to no avail. The printer can make a connection to my network however the Hewlett Packard software will not install on my pc and therefore cannot connect to the printer.
If your looking for a wireless printer scanner for a Windows machine look elsewhere, the HP Envy 5640 simply does not work!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2017 5:46 PM GMT

The Grand Tour Season 1
The Grand Tour Season 1
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Sadly it's only ok, 2 Jan. 2017
The Clarkson, May, Hammond trio have made some timeless TV in the past. Vietnam, the North pole, the Robin Reliant rocket, all superb. The producers had the wisdom to realise that including footage of when things went wrong added to the final result. However as much as I really wanted to love the Grand Tour I'm struggling with it, the mistakes are now so contrived and the challenges are often pointless and a tad childish. Come on guys you're better than this, we know you're getting on but give us some genuine adventures.

Mr. Robot - Season 1
Mr. Robot - Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Robot, don't be put off by the name it's brilliant!, 25 July 2016
From Ron's coffee shop in episode 1 I was gripped. Great story line, cast and soundtrack. An awesome performance by Rami Malek. I cannot think of any other series I have enjoyed as much.

Blink-182 and More
Blink-182 and More

5.0 out of 5 stars f*** s*** p**p!, 12 July 2016
This review is from: Blink-182 and More (MP3 Download)
anarchy!

Parlour Guitar by Gear4music Natural
Parlour Guitar by Gear4music Natural
Offered by Gear4music

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I was as good as the guitar, 12 July 2016
I bought one of these direct from G4M (same price) and have been really pleased with it. If your looking for a smaller guitar and volume and big bass are not important these are a bargain.

HTML & Css: Design and Build Websites
HTML & Css: Design and Build Websites
by Jon Duckett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Nov. 2015
Excellent book, clearly explained, beautifully designed, quality print. Since buying I have bought John Duckett's Javascript & Jquery book that is equally impressive. I very rarely leave reviews but made an exception for both of these books.

JavaScript & Jquery: Interactive Front-end Web Development
JavaScript & Jquery: Interactive Front-end Web Development
by Jon Duckett

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book in every respect, 25 Nov. 2015
I have had a few jquery books in the past that have either been far too simplistic or hideously complicated. I bought this book after buying Jon Duckett's HTML & CSS, both books are excellent, each section is fully and logically explained. The books are beautifully designed, and the print quality is excellent. If your looking for a jquery book, buy this one it's as good as they get!

The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope, Book 1)
The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope, Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars A terrible book, don't buy it!, 13 July 2015
Absolute rubbish. Poorly written, cliche after cliche, sooo predictable. Do not buy it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional toy, 2 Dec. 2010
When I was a kid these kind of things would have cost a months salary, which is why although I am far to old I can finally afford to relive my youth. I bought a cheap sub £20 rc helicopter a couple of years ago which was fun but you couldn't really control where the thing went, so when I decided to treat my self to a new one for only just over £20 I wasn't expecting the earth. I was blown away when it came, it's beautifully made, extremely stable in flight and heaps of fun. My only concern would be how this can be sold for this money, who is making them and how much are they being paid?
I definitely recommend this product, it's awesome!

MySQL Crash Course (Sams Teach Yourself)
MySQL Crash Course (Sams Teach Yourself)
by Ben Forta

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy a different book, 7 Feb. 2008
I found this book frustrating from the start. I was having difficulties understanding and using MySQL so this looked like a good solution. The book barley touches on MySQL the server and is almost an exact copy of SQL in 10 minutes. The book is tutorial based with an appendix at the back to download some scripts to create your test database and tables it suggests you use MySQL admin and browser but gives you almost no instruction what so ever about how to actually create them, your on your own, a bit inconsiderate given the book is supposed to be for beginners. The section on how to create databases and tables using SQL is at the back of the book, shouldn't that be at the beginning. The section about creating foreign keys is tagged on to the end of a section without any explanation, as is the snippet about retrieving auto increment values. The book points you to a forum run by the author but every post I submitted was ignored except one about my gripes which Ben himself replied, and I quote "the book is primarily on MySQL the language, not MySQL the server. This is deliberate and by design, as that is what most readers need - help with how to use MySQL, not how to install it or administer it. You should feel free to return the book if it is not what you wanted or expected.
Thanks for the help!
The book is to advanced for beginners and incomplete for intermediates!