Profile for Sean Inglis > Reviews

Content by Sean Inglis

Sean Inglis "Radiophile and Teleophobe" (Matlock,UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
WOLF-Garten A 370 E 18AKHJH2650 Electric Lawnmower
WOLF-Garten A 370 E 18AKHJH2650 Electric Lawnmower

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably decent enough but beware lack of cable., 21 May 2015
3 stars, not because of performance but because it just isn't clear enough that no cable is included, and you'll need a slightly non-standard version.

I opted to get a genuine 20m cable at an additional cost of ~£30. I'm not particularly annoyed at the extra cost (altho it seems high). I *am* annoyed that my window of opportunity to get going with it has evaporated because I can't plug the bloody thing in out if the box.

On the plus side, assembly was easy and the mower itself seems sturdy but light.

Delivery was on time and to the door, full marks there.

My responsibility to check other reviews, but that doesn't excuse this being left out of the description.

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Polished bargain with easy setup, 21 May 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
The only thing I'd fault is that there's currently (21/5/2015) no support for bluetooth headphones, but that may be coming in an update.

That aside, this is the best out of the box experience I've had with consumer electronics I can remember; once my Amazon account was linked, all of my music purchases were automatically available to stream, and my Prime video available. The Netflix / Youtube / iPlayer experience is also excellent (if not with *quite* the integration of Amazon itself) Amazing bargain.

hef Aid W863 - 3 Pet Food Can Covers
hef Aid W863 - 3 Pet Food Can Covers
Offered by Grids London

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive alternative to foil and cling film etc, 21 May 2015
Cheap and an exact fit, does the job

Super Heavy Duty Garden Sack Truck for Rough Terrain, 450kg capacity
Super Heavy Duty Garden Sack Truck for Rough Terrain, 450kg capacity
Offered by LiftMate (Lomart Ltd)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stable and manoeuverable, 21 May 2015
Very stable and easy to manoeuvre under load, big tyres make a real difference to grass etc. and narrow enough to fit easily through a standard door

PrimeCases® Brown Ultra Thin Smart PU Leather Case Cover & Stylus for Kobo Aura HD (will only fit Kobo Aura HD eReader)
Offered by PrimeCases

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, excellent and *exact* fit for a Kobo Aura HD, 17 April 2015
As with many of these bargains, it's 5* at the price, but I find myself thinking "I'd pay double if *these* things were improved"

Pluses:
* great fit - no danger it's going to slip out
* still easy to get to backlight, power, microUSB and microSD card slot
* better level of grip (but not perfect)
* magnetic catch fairly strong
* auto-sleep and wake work perfectly - surprising how useful this is

Room-for-improvements:
* grip - I'd prefer a rubberised or more highly textured surface on the back, but that's something I don't mind experimenting with given the cost or ruining the case is small
* fit is secure, but the front cover is off-centre - doesn't seem to affect the protection, just a bit irritating

The "leather" hinge it stiff at first. When you get it, it's worth spending a bit of time working that hinge backwards and forwards a few dozen times to loosen it up. This will make it easier for the cover to lie flat when it's folded over, and lets the cover fall more easily into place when closed.

UK Filco Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless, NKR, Click Action, Keyboard
UK Filco Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless, NKR, Click Action, Keyboard
Offered by The Keyboard Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid investment, 11 April 2015
I bought this to replace a similar model that I ordered without checking properly - the "Ninja" version with legends on the front of the keys. It sounds like a small difference but I found it difficult to use in lowish light.

This has the same high quality; it stays put on the desk, doesn't take up enormous amounts of space, and has a very pleasing key action (using on a new iMac with a few remapped keys via Karabiner)

A great investment if you spend a lot of time typing, and don't get on with Apples over-designed chiclet offerings

Kamor® 10.1" 10.1 inch Tablet Case with Keyboard, PU Leather Stand Case Cover + Micro USB Keyboard with Touch Screen Stylus Pen for 10.1 inch Android Tablet PC + Micro to Mini & Micro to Samsung 30pin adapter (Black)
Offered by YoSpace.U

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nexus 10 Starter, 2 April 2015
5* when the price is taken into consideration.

I bought this for a Nexus 10 and, not having done my homework properly, assumed it was Bluetooth when in fact it connects via USB.

In many ways this is preferable, it takes virtually no setup and there's only one battery to be concerned about

Pluses
* inexpensive
* decent protection
* decent keyboard action
* very secure fitting for a Nexus 10
* includes stylus and range of connectors

Minuses
* tethered USB cable is short. As long as you pass behind the tablet this doesn't matter, it's a neat flat cable
* very secure fitting - not easy to prise in and out (I just don't remove it)
* keys are a bit sticky bottom left - likely curable when I can be bothered to fiddle with them

I'd like:
* the USB connector to be right-angled so it lies a bit more flush with the case
* dedicated tablet specific function keys. Out of the box, you can use FN-F8/F9 to adjust the volume, ESC to go back, but little else

Although I say 5*, I think it's confirmed I'd pay more for a higher quality version and probably will. Buying this keyboard would be a good way to test that theory, and you'd end up with a spare

Monument Valley
Monument Valley

5.0 out of 5 stars Memorable and atmospheric, 8 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
Short, but a beautifully designed experience and worth every penny. If you expect a few quid to give you weeks of gameplay, this isn't for you. If you want casual immersion and oooh'd and aaaah'd at the likes of "Flower", "Journey" and "The Room" like I did, you'll be happier.

This is shorter than any of those others but, for what I got out of it, still represents great value for money

Stanley Carded 6 Way Screwdriver    0 68 012
Stanley Carded 6 Way Screwdriver 0 68 012

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain convenience - buy a few, 8 Mar. 2015
These are little bargains to keep to hand in the office, kitchen, garage etc. 4 different heads with quick changing.

I bought some a few years ago and have replaced them as the heads became rounded off as I abused them. These newer models have a slightly more positive locking action when flipping the heads round but otherwise identical

Cablox Mini Cable Tidy System - Black (Pack of 3)
Cablox Mini Cable Tidy System - Black (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good grip, fast organisation, 8 Mar. 2015
Cheap and effective. My main concern was whether or not they would adhere to the underside of the work surface they were intended for - smooth but untreated / unsealed softwood.

I gave the surface a wipe down first and let it dry thoroughly and it seems rock solid. I have 3 mounted in a line, but at a 45 degree angle, so I can run cable along the run of the desk and then out to the edge. Effective at tidying things up

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5