Profile for Al'sfaves > Reviews

The Quest
The Quest
by Nelson DeMille

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Quest (Paperback)
The premise had such promise, but for me it failed to deliver. I love the John Corey books but this one disappointed. Sorry Nelson, not for me!

Crosley Cruiser Briefcase Style Three Speed Portable Vinyl Turntable with Built-In Stereo Speakers - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool and sounds really good through his stereo system, 6 Feb. 2015
I bought this as a present for my son so that he could listen to all my old vinyl LP's....and the collection he is starting to build. Turns out it is just what he wanted. Looks cool and sounds really good through his stereo system.

House Of Cards - Season 1 (DVD + UV Copy)
House Of Cards - Season 1 (DVD + UV Copy)
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey

5.0 out of 5 stars A great watch!, 23 April 2014
Great production, fine acting, well scripted and a super plot - what's not to like?
You won't regret buying this..!

Def Leppard -Viva! Hysteria [DVD] [2013]
Def Leppard -Viva! Hysteria [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Def Leppard

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lep!, 24 Feb. 2014
Def Lep in Vegas?....it doesn't get any better. Buy this...now! That is an order!!
I wish I could have been there.

Live At The Agora Ballroom 1976
Live At The Agora Ballroom 1976

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories!, 24 Feb. 2014
Took me right back to my youth - very happy memories of hearing and enjoying Boston in my 20s!
They rocked....and still do.

Live From The Sydney Opera House
Live From The Sydney Opera House

5.0 out of 5 stars The twighlight of the voice!, 14 Feb. 2012
For me, John Farnham is up there with Stevie Wonder as a singer who truly evokes deep emotions and makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. This dvd starts with some newer material that does not quite make it in my opinion. It is only when John reverts to his older and stronger standards that it really delivers. The sound mix is not the best and he is looking a little portly now, but for all that, John Farnham playing live is always a treat and this is no exception.

The Lion: Number 5 in series (John Corey)
The Lion: Number 5 in series (John Corey)
by Nelson DeMille

5.0 out of 5 stars NDM does it again!, 14 Feb. 2012
John Corey is my hero! I read John Corey books and I am thrilled and entertained in equal measure. The humourous asides are delicious, sharp and entirely believable. It's a scary world out there and terrorism is a real threat. Let's hope such heros as JC are really taking care of us all.