Profile for Blackmixen > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Iron Lungs - EP [Explicit]
Iron Lungs - EP [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars what a band, 16 Jan. 2015
Fantastic upbeat band. I've seen them live & hope to again sometime.

Am-Tech Eyelet Plier with Eyelets
Am-Tech Eyelet Plier with Eyelets

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy!, 5 May 2012
What complete rubbish. Don't even bother buying this. Destroys the eyelets. Only given 1 star because 0 isn't possible on Amazon.

High Hopes In Low Places
High Hopes In Low Places

5.0 out of 5 stars End Of Green, 11 Aug. 2011
End of Green is a German band formed in Stuttgart in 1992. According to singer Michael Huber, the band name symbolises the end of hope. This fits with the type of music the band produces. The band describes its style as Depressed Sub core. The lyrics are about loneliness, depression, pain and death.
They remind me a little of Killing Joke & Sisters of Mercy with elements of post punk, Gothic rock and alternative rock. This isn't my to usual taste in music as I got my copy as a freebie from the merchandise company of another band with a T Shirt I bought that probably share the same record label. I have to say that although it didn't have any instant impact on me it's definitely a grower and something I have found myself going back to.

Tulasi Incense Cones - 15 Cones (Cinnamon)
Tulasi Incense Cones - 15 Cones (Cinnamon)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 10 Aug. 2011
These smell nice enough before being lit, but don't smell much after they're lit & that depends on if you can keep them alight as they keep going out.

Live On Air
Live On Air
Offered by Giant Entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off!, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Live On Air (Audio CD)
I got this directly from the Magnum website:

"Magnum would like to make it clear that the album released under Southworld Records "MAGNUM LIVE ON AIR" has no connection with the band in any way. This is a bad bootleg copy of the worst quality and should not be on sale. We urge all our fans not to purchase this album as it will be a waste of your money. The band wish it to be known this has been released with out sanction of the band or other labels knowledge.
It is a copyright infringement and will be looked into as soon as possible.
We are once again very sorry if you have bought this album already. We would advise you to send it back and request a refund.
We are very proud of the albums we have put out and try to keep the quality very high of future releases."

Teach Yourself Bass Guitar (Step One Teach Yourself)
Teach Yourself Bass Guitar (Step One Teach Yourself)
by unknown

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not for a complete Novice, 30 Mar. 2011
This book is OK, but I don't think it is for the complete novice. I thought the DVD presentation presumed a little too much in that the viewer already knew the very basics. Some of the demo's don't really explain enough or are not slow enough to just follow so you are constantly referring to the book for guidance. I only gave 3 stars for this reason. There are some better video guides available on the internet.

This Is Thrash
This Is Thrash

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good Thrash!, 17 Feb. 2011
This review is from: This Is Thrash (Audio CD)
I bought this based on previous reviews & I'm glad I did. OK there are no Big 4 on here with the exception of a couple of Anthrax tracks, but there is some good stuff here none the less. Most I had heard or heard of. Some I'd forgotten about. I only thought a couple of track were a bit dodgy, but that's not bad when you consider the price & the fact you get 3 CD worth. I would recommend this CD to any Metalhead. Great!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Thick & Warm, 17 Feb. 2011
This is the second of these that I have bought. The first I bought from a local shop & was stolen not long after down the pub. I had a lot of trouble finding a hat as thick & warm to replace it so I was glad when I came across this. I arrived quickly too.

Electric G-4 Bass Guitar + 35W Amp Pack Natural
Electric G-4 Bass Guitar + 35W Amp Pack Natural
Offered by Gear4music

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bass pack, 17 Feb. 2011
I bought this pack to practice with & was surprised by firstly how quickly it arrived, so kudos to the seller for that. Secondly it sounds good too with a 35 watt practice amp there's plenty of volume to be had. It came with spare strings, tuner, stand, strap & soft case/gig bag. What more do you need? Great for someone learning to play or as a practice instrument.

Swan 030500-SW Blues Diatonic Key of C Harmonica
Swan 030500-SW Blues Diatonic Key of C Harmonica

5.0 out of 5 stars Harmonica, 17 Feb. 2011
I've found this a good harmonica to get started on & was very cheap. It sounds good too. Great for practising or someone starting to learn.

Page: 1 | 2