Profile for Reluctantcook > Reviews

Lady May: Memories of an Old Dog
Lady May: Memories of an Old Dog
by Barbara Zach-Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars The life of a street/rescue dog, 20 Jun. 2012
"How can I describe such a sympathetically written book about the life of a street dog finally rescued from certain death and taken into an animal shelter . This story tells of deep lasting friendships, of hopes, of The Dream of one such dog. Many are not so fortunate to arrive in such a caring shelter but this book is not about such cruelty and harshness but rather about love and spirit and of dreams coming true. It is told vividly with honesty and sensitivity and humour where all the characters bounce off the pages and is a book both adults and children will enjoy. Yes it deals with death but in a positive way and I hope that it will encourage people to visit shelters and adopt an abandoned dog who is not in the first flush of youth and who is waiting or perhaps has given up on his or her Dream Come True. Look at the quieter dogs behind all those that are bustling for attention. Sometimes the jewel for you is the quieter, older soul watching with sad ebony eyes."

Panasonic SD-2500 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program, White
Panasonic SD-2500 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Trading up, 6 Sept. 2011
I have had a breadmaker for a good number of years but not a Panasonic. It has produced fairly good loaves most of the time but as it was not doing so now, I decided to splash out on what I have been led to believe is the Rolls Royce of breadmakers. I wanted a machine that had a programe for using Spelt flour and so decided on this model. I ordered from Amazon as it was a good price and Amazon had also been recommended. The breadmaker was delivered a day early much to my surprise and delight. The instructions for the breadmaker are clear and it is so easy to use and the results are brilliant. I am a very reluctant cook but I was even tempted to try some of the other recipes, the 100% Wholemeal Loaf was amazing every time, the tomato Focaccia was also good. There are so many unusual recipes that I am excited for once about "cooking" or should that be "baking"Panasonic SD-2500 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program. Maybe it will encourage me to be more adventurous and even try jam and cake recipes. As you can see I love this breadmaker and would thoroughly recommend it.