Profile for H. Outeiral > Reviews

Content by H. Outeiral

H. Outeiral (uk)

dizauL 5000mAh Solar Panel Waterproof Shockproof Portable Charger Backup External Battery Power Bank for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S 4, iPad Air (Apple Adapters not Included), Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 3, Note 2, Most Kinds of Android Smart Phones and More Other Devices (Yellow)

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money for a better device., 1 Nov. 2015
Poor built quality. After inspection on arrival, the ruber seals are so poorly installed and soo loose I did not even want to test its claimed water resistance in fear of breakin it.
During the first use the deviced worked as advertised and I was able to charge both my phone and action cam. However this was done with the charge that the device came with from the factory.
During a 10 day cycle tour, the device was left exposed to direct sunligh every day for 10 hours and failed to recharge itself.
I has now been sitting on my window for 2 weeks, again exposed to direct sun light and it is still not charging.
Not only is this a poor product but I find myself wondering if it polutes more than the batteries you could buy for the price of this device.
I do not recomend this product at all. It is not reliable or built to the quality the company advertises.

Merrell Freewheel, Men's Lace-Up Hi-Top Trainer Shoes - Dark Earth, 8.5 UK
Merrell Freewheel, Men's Lace-Up Hi-Top Trainer Shoes - Dark Earth, 8.5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars far too nice for their intended use., 1 Nov. 2015
Completely exceeded my expectations in terms of build quality and comfort but this shoes are far to nice for their intended use.
I had some, less than satisfactory, experiences with Merrell before but for this particular shoe I am very very impressed.
I have low arches, a steep metatarsal section and my toe area is quite wide. More often than not I have to choose between cramped toes, tightness around the tonge of the shoe or no arch support.
This shoe has a roomy toebox that works very well with the breathability of the material used for the uppers. My job requires me to be on my feet all day and I am yet to come home with wet socks or irritated toes.
The soles are definetely chewy and the air pocket inside them does give in a little when walking but then again this adds to the comfort.
The style of the shoe suits mainly casual type attires and perhaps office workers with a flexible uniform policy that commute to work on a bike.
With regards to their intended use, this shoe is advertised as a cycling shoe. My cycling commute is 8km of mixed cycle path and tarmac. I normally ride clipped in both on my road bike and my mountainbike. I bought this shoes out of curiosity and to see if I could shed some weight off of my panniers by not having to take work shoes as well as bike shoes to work.
Although you can ride with this shoes on using flat pedals I would consider it a sin. The shoe is too nice to expose it to the grit and offent wet conditions of mine and other people's cycling commute. If you ride mainly cycle paths to work or very manicured roads or paths only on fair weather then perhaps but the shoe is far too nice to put it through daily pedal teeth grind and road muck. The soles are too soft to give addequate support too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2016 9:01 PM GMT

The Book of the Bothy
The Book of the Bothy
by Phoebe Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book to get you started on your bothy adventure, 1 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The Book of the Bothy (Paperback)
Part guide, part historic account, part educational piece. This book has acted as a catalyst for my wonderfing spirit.
The bothy guide side of the book is very well put together in geographical sections of the UK from North to South.
The addition of map coordinates for OS Explorer and Land ranger maps is very very useful. The excerpts from the author's own bothy book entries provide a nice insight to the author's mind as she travels from bothy to bothy.

The book is probably the best introduction to bothy culture you can read. Compact, concise and with the right amount of interesting information to wet your appetite and get you planning your fist bothy adventure.

Asus Maximus VII Gene Motherboard (Z97 Express, DDR3, SATA 600, Micro ATX, 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x 16, HDMI, USB 3.0, Socket 1150)

4.0 out of 5 stars I chose the Maximus VII Gene as I wanted a Micro ATX build and I fitted nicely inside a Bitfenix Prodigy M, 10 Aug. 2015
This is the first computer I have put together myself.
I chose the Maximus VII Gene as I wanted a Micro ATX build and I fitted nicely inside a Bitfenix Prodigy M.
A month into the build and so far so good. I have not experienced any compatibility issues in terms of drivers, OS or hardware.
I am currently using an Intel i5 4690K CPU and Hyper X fury DDR3 RAM, Samsung SSD and windows 7 and so far so good. First instal boot without any problems.

The BIOS is really really nice. Intuitive to use, very well explained both on-screen and in the user guide (which is very well written and made for novices and experts alike) and can be navigated with the mouse. Overclocking options are easily accesible and configurable. Again, this is comming from a self taught novice trying to build his first pc.

On the actual MOBO everything is lavelled clearly in white print, which stands out against the black backgound and facilitates identification of ports, chips and terminals. Both the PCI slots and RAM slots feel absolutely solid. The same applies for the rest of the construction of the motherboard. Upon close inspection, the welldings look consistent through out every connection and area of the IO terminals. The board feels solid and sturdy in the hand. I will not coment on the looks or collour palette as it boils down to individual preferences and does not affect performance.

As a novice, I feel this board was a little bit overkill for the project I had in mind as I have little knowledge of overclocking and at pressent I am unable to access all the extended features the board and the BIOS offers, however, as an autodidact, I am making full use of the owners manual and the software enclosed in the box to learn a little bit more every day.

My only gripe so far is the IO plate and the enhance sound card mini jack connections.
The plate comes with a layer of from that does not sit flush with the case, both externaly or internally. Practically it does not pose an issue but aesthetically it can be unpleasant to the eye.
Furthermore, the line in, line out and mic in minijact ports are all the same colour, black. It takes getting close to the plate to read which one is which as the lavels are laser etched on the plate and very hard to read. Also, if you are plugging and unplugging audio on the back it is very easy to misplace the jacks.

I have not yet experimented with the keybot or the profiling buttons but as soon as I do I will report back with the experience.

Overall, it is a pricy board mainly designed with seasoned enthusiasts in mind but put together in a way that it does not feel threatening to a novice builder.
If I had to choose again I would have picked a mobo with much simpler features and at a lesser price point, albeit missing all the fun of learning where everything is, what it does and how to get it to work correctly.

Casio G-Shock Men's Watch with Black Analogue Display and Resin Strap GA-100-1A4ER

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin but with some drawbacks, 27 Feb. 2011
It has been a couple of months now and so far the watch has not let me down.
The strap has turned out to be super comfy despite the hard plastic feel and like most cassio watches, scrolling through different functions is nice and easy with the big chunky buttons.
All the above said, there are a couple of features that let the watch down. The first one is the hour needle colour, which in low light settings is proving hard to read when looking at the watch face at an angle. Between the glare and the red you have to tilt the watch to read it accurately. Grudge number two concerns the yellow LED lighting. It works great when you try to find the keyhole in your door at night but again yellow orange light doesn't show the red hour needle all the well.
This has been mentioned before by other buyers and I can totally relate to what they were saying.
In sort, almost decent value for money and it looks super nice on the wrist but don't rely on it for quick time checks at night or in low light conditions
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2013 10:38 AM GMT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars it's good but it could be better, 31 Jan. 2010
A month into using the product and over all I am fairly satisfied.
The arm band does what it says on the box. However there a few things I have realised about using arm bands when training:

1. For general cardio exercises ( your running, cycling, cross training...) the arm band is a treat but if you are more into your weight lifting, particularly arms and chest where your biceps have to flex, it feels restrictive. I am unaware if, physiologically, the compresion the arm band puts on the biceps is beneficial or detrimental but it does feel awkward. So much so that when I do resistance or weight lifting, the arm band goes to my pocket.

2. I am sure someone mentioned the length of the strap before. Do not get me wrong, I do not have massive arms nor am I looking to develop them but the arm band could do with a couple of centimetres more worth of strap and to increase the width of it as well.

3. I am yet to test this product on the rain but I feel iffy about the hole for the on/off button and the headphones one too.

Apart from the above, the stitching is good, the plastic cover in the front does well and the velcro is holding so far