Profile for David > Reviews

Content by David

David

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Apple Watch Band, with Unique Magnet Lock, JETech 42mm Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Bracelet Strap Band for Apple Watch 42mm All Models No Buckle Needed (Black)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable quality at a low price, 29 July 2016
Really excellent band, this is the Black Milanese Loop, matches my Black Steel Apple Watch perfectly. Looks identical to the official Apple one for 1/17th the price. Absolutely incredible value.

The magnet is very strong so there's no fear of this unravelling during the day, the links are very high quality and feel very smooth to the touch. Honestly the price of this being £10 is incredible I would easily pay upwards of £40 for this level of quality.

Apple Watch Band, JETech 42mm Genuine Leather Loop with Magnet Lock Strap Replacement Band for Apple Watch 42mm All Models No Buckle Needed (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality strap, 23 July 2016
A nice quality band that matches the midnight blue colour offered by Apple. Very comfortable, doesn't stain your wrist, fits the watch perfect on both sides with no extra material hanging over the interchangeable rail of the watch.

I previously bought the JETech red version and it too was good. I'd buy more in future definitely.

LIHAO Mug Stainless Steel Double-Wall Vacuum Insulated Tumbler with Plastic Lid†- 20 oz, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Like magic, excellent product, 23 July 2016
This is the second LIHAO Mug I've purchased (both same size) and it really is a stellar product. A friend of mine told me about it and I was skeptical, a mug that can keep drinks hot or cold for hours and it's not a giant thermos?

But this friend of mine was insistent so I bought one and honestly it's like magic. I put cold water in one and it will stay cold for 5-6+ hours no matter how little water is left inside. A few days ago it was the hottest day of the year here in the UK, 33c outside, even hotter inside. I filled it up with cold water and 4-5 ice cubes from the freezer. That ice stayed in the mug for over 3 hours before turning to water and the water itself stayed chilled and drinkable the entire time.

As I said this is the 2nd one I've purchased, not because there was anything wrong with the first but because I use it so much I needed to always have one ready to use! - I highly recommend this product and if you're sick of your cold drinks going warm too quickly or your hot drinks going cold too fast then get this, it really is as good as it purports to be.

Dremel 8200-1/35 Cordless Multitool Li-Ion (10.8 V), 1 Attachment, 35 Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 23 July 2016
Great tool, very easy to use and very powerful. I appreciate its small stature and high power as you can really get it in anywhere you need to do a job where an outlet is too far away or the cable would be cumbersome.

Before purchasing I was afraid the cordless version would not be powerful enough for some jobs but that was an unfounded worry as the drill is incredibly powerful, I need not run it at full speed when doing any job so far as it's quite adequate even at half speed. The included charging dock and accessories as well as the drill itself feel well made and good quality. Everything fits neatly into the included blue carrying case.

If you're going to buy this I would recommend also purchasing a universal bit holder for it so you can use all different kinds of drill bits you already own with this as it uses a proprietary connector which I don't personally appreciate but it's easily remedied with a universal adapter from a third party.

Overall I recommend this product, if you're like me you'll practically be finding excuses to use it, it's that good.

Kindle Paperwhite E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great e-reader, easy to use, high quality., 23 July 2016
Great quality eBook reader. The high resolution display is great for reading it really looks like a printed magazine even in sunlight. The built-in backlight is also perfect offering subtle to very bright and clear light. The refresh speed of the display is also improved from earlier models offering a very fast page turning and menu navigating experience.

The touch screen is very accurate and I find it much easier to use than my previous kindle which lacked a touch screen feature. I would definitely recommend the Kindle Paperwhite to someone looking for an e-reader either as a first time purchase or as an upgrade to a previous Kindle model.

iFixit 64 Bit Driver Kit Phillips Torx Pentalobe
iFixit 64 Bit Driver Kit Phillips Torx Pentalobe
Offered by iFixit Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality kit, highly recommended, 10 July 2016
Really excellent quality driver kit. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this. The bits and the driver feel very high quality and the case and foam insert that holds the bits is also of a high standard. I was pleased by the grid layout of the lid as it's perfect for holding little screws while you take something apart.

Before I ordered it I thought perhaps £29.99 was a bit steep to purchase drill bits but honestly this is excellent value and I can tell these will hold up for years to come.

Italian Collection World of Flavours Italian Pizza Stone Set
Italian Collection World of Flavours Italian Pizza Stone Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 10 July 2016
This is a really amazing product. I've been looking for a way to bake pizzas that wouldn't leave them wet in the centre and this is the first product that has been able to achieve that in my oven.

If you're looking for a way to cook Pizza, this is it.

Samsung Memory Bar USB Flash Drive 128GB
Samsung Memory Bar USB Flash Drive 128GB
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Flash Drive, 15 Jun. 2016
Excellent Flash Drive. Very fast (130MB/s reads, 100MB/s sequential writes). I'm very impressed with its size and speed.

Toshiba HDWC240EK3J1 4TB Stor.E Canvio USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent drive, runs a bit hot, good price., 22 May 2016
The best thing about this drive is its price. It is a bargain 4TB drive. It gets quite hot during operation, mine idles around 52c and gets as high as 64c when being taxed with read and writes. I'm using the drive in its enclosure over USB2 and USB3, I have not shucked it for use in a PC.

It's not really noisy, that is to say I cannot hear it at all really which is a good thing. The temperature is a concern but it's a stable drive, I'm using it connected to a computer that is left on 24.7 as a backup drive and it has not disconnected once since I plugged it into that computer over a week ago.

If you're looking for something cheap and cheerful, this is the one to buy. If you want something that will fill you with confidence perhaps choose a drive with active cooling as this units temperatures have me concerned for its long term life.

Logitech Z-906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers - Black
Logitech Z-906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers - Black
Offered by Vendable Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great system, highly recommended., 22 May 2016
I received my Z-905 system in February 2016. So I've had it about 3 months now. I've had no issues with it, flawless functionality so far and it sounds incredible. A big step up from my older Sony ST-1300 system that was about 8 years old.

I'm using these primarily for music but I have tested the 5.1 feature with some movies through the Optical Toslink on the unit and it works fine and sounds great.

I would highly recommend this system if you're looking for great sound in a small package, the speakers while tiny far outshine my older system in both clarity and volume in 1/6th the physical space on my walls.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5