Profile for Mr. M. Bond > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Bond

Mr. M. Bond (Salisbury Wiltshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Inform Educate Entertain
Inform Educate Entertain

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique, 31 July 2013
I have to say, for a person like myself, who looks for new and exciting music, representing themselves and NOT the commercial massed produced rubbish that consumes the charts nowadays, I really like this.
People have kind of placed their music next to Lemon Jelly (a group I highly rate), and I agree to some extent, with it's electronic, Left field ambient breaks, it is kind of similar to them, but that's all!
This group is very much their own thing, using video & Audio samples from the BFI, amalgamated with their own musical talent's, have produced something quite unique.
I have since bought a ticket to see them in Southampton, on the last night of their tour, and I'm really hoping that it will be a really great night?
One thing I do hope for these two guy's, is that they use their great heads and look at doing something new, for them!
They have the talent, so lets hope they carry on being themselves and re-inventing their style, producing awesome & fresh music....

RESPECT PSB, & SEE YOU IN NOVEMBER!

The Guru [DVD] [2002]
The Guru [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Jimi Mistry
Offered by Qoolist

1.0 out of 5 stars No thought at all!, 15 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Guru [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
This film COULD have been a funny film but again like other rubbish that has come out in America such as Epic Movie, Date movie ect. this follow's their suit!
The humor is childish with no imagenation and really really obvious. This is made for those people who just don't have the brain power to understand more sophisticated humor.

fabric 61: Visionquest
fabric 61: Visionquest

2.0 out of 5 stars - B - O - R - I - N - G -, 20 Dec. 2011
This review is from: fabric 61: Visionquest (Audio CD)
I LOVED the minimal House, Tech-House and Techno scene and have bought a lot of vinyl and CD.
Fabric has brought out a few good Minimal mixes but this isn't one of them I'm affraid. Faric has been really stuck the the minimal scene and has also produced a lot of sub standard CD's and I know as I have been collecting them since 2003/4.
What thislacks is any good highlight tracks or theme, it is just slow and goes nowhere!

I have been checking out next months Fabriclive 61 mix by Pinch and it looks good so lets slide this one in order with the othe 80 plus Fabric cd's and wait for next months!

Even In The Quietest Moments
Even In The Quietest Moments

5.0 out of 5 stars For me timless, 17 Dec. 2011
This album for me is a very large part of my life and will always be glued to the memories of myslef and my brother in the back seat driving down International Drive Folrida with my parents in a MASSIVE people carrier in the late 80's and perviously before that in the mid 80's when my dad sat me down and said Martin listen to this, it's a great song and played Fool's Overture.
The Holiday in Florida Florida is a fantastic holiday for any 8/9 yr old to go to but to spend it in a motel in the middle of hurricane Emily seeing 2" of rain hit the ground in 5 mins then it stop's and watching it steam away, going to Disaney World, MGM, Wet 'N' Wild, Seaworld, eating in Ponderosa, Jungle Jim's plus listening to it in the living room of our house in Exeter is great memories.
The thing is with Supertramp, Breakfast In America and this album is that the older you get, it just doesn't get boring. In fact it just get better!

Fabriclive 58: Goldie
Fabriclive 58: Goldie

3.0 out of 5 stars Its....... OK!, 21 July 2011
This review is from: Fabriclive 58: Goldie (Audio CD)
This recent Fabriclive release from Goldie is........ OK!
I find it hard to get into D&B after 1994/5 at the best of times. This for a D&B fan this is probably very good but for me it isn't anything that stands out. Fabriclive 35 by Marcus Intalex is bluming amazing mix of smooth, liquid D&B and I can listen to that one regularly.
I know some people will compleatly dislike this but it's my view!!

I have 81 Fabric CD's and more to come, full of amazing mixes of all styles including D&B. Fabriclive 58 will slot nicely into the collection but probably won't be coming out any time soon.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2012 12:54 PM BST

Fabriclive 57: Jackmaster
Fabriclive 57: Jackmaster

5.0 out of 5 stars OLD SKOOOOL HOUSE, 25 Jun. 2011
This is a brilliant mix of house/ garage which is based on OLD SKOOL house and garage.
You lot are the best judges so buy it and have a listen, some are old such as Kim English's Nite Life and Davina Do You Wan't It but the rest are based on classic house and acid house. A great house party CD if you are up for one!!!
All I know is that there is old skool track there!!!

AMAZING AND LOVE IT =^ >

Southern Fried & Tested 2 (Unmixed Version)
Southern Fried & Tested 2 (Unmixed Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as iTunes, 19 April 2011
There is a lot of Electro, Breakz, House and Techno tunes for the buck, but I wish I had gone with iTunes first as you get the 68 tunes plus an extra 1 + hour dj mix for pretty much the same price.
I bought the others with iTunes and love the DJ mixes

FABRICLIVE02: Ali B
FABRICLIVE02: Ali B

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky Breakzzzz, 22 Feb. 2011
This review is from: FABRICLIVE02: Ali B (Audio CD)
This is a great funky breakz album by Ali B.
No frills just funky Nu-Skool breaks. It is well mixed with a good play list.

Fabric 48
Fabric 48
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Minimal, Tribal, Tech Houser, 20 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Fabric 48 (Audio CD)
This is a great Minimal Tech-House mix.
Minimal techno and house is a big theme for the Fabric series, and being a buyer of minimal tech-house and techno for at least 8 or 9 years am happy about this. With the Fabric series though, some of the mixes can be quite boring and only coming out with the odd really stand out mix. The Fabriclive series really makes up for this!
This mix I would have to say is a great mix, plenty of points that I like, like it really builds up, great tribal background percussion and the main thumping beat knocking in and out which helps you concentrate on it more I guess?
Have been a Fabric and Fabrclive subscriber for a goo few years now and have to say that this does stand out.
I will always love the Jacques Lu Cont, Swayzak, Audion and Ellen Allien mixes for the House and Techno.

I think Fabric has the capability of doing soooooo much better, and I guess that the fact that they produce them monthly probably doesn't help the standards some time? I don't know!
Although I do love receiving my new CD every month =^ >

Anyway, get this CD if you are a good minimal Tech-house fan!

FABRICLIVE.15: Nitin Sawhney
FABRICLIVE.15: Nitin Sawhney

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 18 Feb. 2011
As a DJ mix series, Fabric has been either AMAZING or OK!
Fabric has produced some magnificent CD's using great DJ/ Producer who really express what they stand for such as John Peel/ Jacques Lu Cont/ Babby Mammoth, Beige & Solid Doctor/ Aim/ Caspa & Rusko/ Marcus Intalex/ Omar S/ Robert Hood/ Tiefschwarz/ Swayzak and Nitin Sawhney.
This is a chilled and beautifully crafted mix of very Jazz influenced House, Mellow Drum & Bass "Jungle as I knew it yrs ago!" and Breaks on the Ambient side.
Being a Nitin Sawhney mix he has put in a great dose of Indian music which adds a great personal touch, I am not religious but religion is a very personal thing and can dictate a persons very pace of life.
I take it Nitin Sawhney is a Hindu which is a very peaceful religion which is really present in this mix.
Check it out and have an open mind!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4