Profile for Mrs Virginia Johnston > Reviews

Content by Mrs Virginia J...

Mrs Virginia Johnston

Bungee dog walking coupler for two dogs on one lead.
Bungee dog walking coupler for two dogs on one lead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good purchase, 26 May 2013
These double leads have proved to be exactly what I wanted. After I acquired two more dogs to join my original two I decided the only way I could cope with all four on leads was to have two walking couplers. I read all the existing reviews before making up my mind, and certainly I agree with all the best of them. They are very easy to fix to the dogs' harnesses, the dogs never get tangled up in them and positively like them. They also seem strong and reliable, are not too annoyingly bulky to keep in my jacket pockets and are just the job for what I wanted. If anyone is dithering, go ahead and buy one!

Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 2)
Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A book not to be missed, 26 May 2013
I can hardly put the book down (or rather Kindle). It's a fascinating subject and the author Hilary Mantell has researched the whole Tudor period with consummate care. Although it's complicated subject matter the script has been structured in such an interesting way that it's not difficult to read and Hilary Mantell has turned historical fact (and surmise) into a rattling good story. For anyone interested in history I would highly recommend this book.

Aunts Aren't Gentlemen: (Jeeves & Wooster) (Jeeves & Wooster Series Book 15)
Aunts Aren't Gentlemen: (Jeeves & Wooster) (Jeeves & Wooster Series Book 15)

2.0 out of 5 stars Very outdated, 17 Dec. 2012
I found this book very dated and frankly rather silly. The characters were implausible. This works better as a play or a film.

Jamrach's Menagerie
Jamrach's Menagerie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating book, 17 Dec. 2012
Beautifully crafted and researched with wonderful descriptions of the seedy side of early 19th Century London. Great atmosphere from start to finish and as well as the excellent literary style (allowing for the lack of education of the main character) it was a rattling good story. Whilst some suggest that the amount of pages for the shipwreck is too long I considered it to illustrate the unending endurance and suffering those surviving went through and this was very atmospheric.

A book to immerse yourself in and whilst the word "enjoy" is not apt for this story I couldn't put it down. The author's note at the end mentioning the two true incidents made it all the more riveting.