Profile for MikeH > Reviews

Content by MikeH

MikeH "Mike" (UK)

StarTech.com Mini DisplayPort to VGA Video Adapter Converter 1920x1200 - Mini DP to VGA Adapter M/F

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with a Dell XPS13, 19 Oct. 2015
It works well with a Dell XPS13 which is more than can be said for previous ones that I have bought. I expected it to be marked StarTech which I have bought before and are of good quality. The one that was sent to me was not marked with the StarTech logo and seemed to be of cheaper quality - but it did work!

Sebago Sloop, Men Boat Shoes, Brown (Brown Oiled Waxy Lea), 9.5 UK (44 EU)
Sebago Sloop, Men Boat Shoes, Brown (Brown Oiled Waxy Lea), 9.5 UK (44 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, 19 Oct. 2015
Been looking to replace a similar pair which I have had for more than 10 years. They are very comfortable holiday shoes which can be worn with or without socks.

Dice, spot-pack of 10 x 16mm. diameter.00563
Dice, spot-pack of 10 x 16mm. diameter.00563
Offered by Random Empire

4.0 out of 5 stars They are what they are!, 19 Oct. 2015
They are what they are! Not much more to say.

RAVPower 13000mAh Portable Charger Power Bank External Battery Pack with iSmart Technology (3rd Generation Deluxe, 4.5A, Dual USB) - Black

MSI DC111 Wind Box PC
MSI DC111 Wind Box PC

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent media server using Ubuntu OS, 10 Sept. 2014
This review is from: MSI DC111 Wind Box PC (Accessory)
I bought this as a media server to sit behind my television. I also bought a Logitech K400 Wireless Touch Keyboard to control it. The MSI computer comes without an operating system which was a big plus for me as I resent having to pay a "Windows" tax when I purchase a computer. I plugged in the wireless chip from the keyboard into one of 4 usb sockets and an external DVD player with Ubuntu Gnome 14.04.1 64 bit image on a DVD and turned the computer on. It installed like a dream from the disk within 20 mins. I also installed XBMC as a media streamer. It easily picked up my networked hard drive via uPnP. So it will stream music and video and provide connection to iplayer etc via the network. I am using an ethernet link to my router although wireless is also possible and just as effective.

The connection to the TV is via the HDMI output. To get the audio through the HDMI connection I needed to install pulseaudio control panel from Ubuntu and change the settings accordingly.

In conclusion this was a very good solution to turn a dumb tv into a smart tv! The fan noise is there but is not an issue since the MSI computer is out of the way behind the tv.

Mini DisplayPort DP to VGA Adapter for Apple MacBook Pro Video Ceed Cable**Supports New THUNDERBOLT Port*
Offered by CAMAC ô (Ceed Cable)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work, 24 Oct. 2013
Delivery was slow and not the express service I paid for. When it did come it didn't work. Its just not fit for purpose.

Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter
Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not do what it says on the tin!, 17 Dec. 2010
I bought this to be able to project an image of the iPad screen for demonstration purposes. It does not do this. You only get a VGA output if it is being used with an app which actives the connection eg slideshow or webpage. For my purposes it was an expensive and useless item. Make sure your app will work with it before buying.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2011 5:30 PM BST