Profile for Allana M. > Reviews

Content by Allana M.

Allana M. (London, England)

The Book Of Secrets: Who am I? Where did I come from? Why am I here?
The Book Of Secrets: Who am I? Where did I come from? Why am I here?
by Deepak Chopra

5.0 out of 5 stars The Secret Revealed, 17 May 2007
I found "The Book of Secrets" to be a most readable book that raises many important topics such as compassion, who we are and going beyond narrow materialistic thinking. Ever since Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old and The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence, I have become an avid reader of Deepak.

I found his expanded vision that looks beyond material achievements very thought-provoking and it can help people to go beyond limited thinking. I loved his meditations that help to overcome anger, stress and suffering. The overall message is one of compassion and a holistic vision.

"Nexus: A Neo Novel" by Deborah Morrison and Arvind Singh offers a similar vision through the journey of people to a spiritual retreat to help them overcome personal pain.

A Path with Heart
A Path with Heart
by Jack Kornfield

5.0 out of 5 stars For Compassionate Reading, 17 May 2007
This review is from: A Path with Heart (Paperback)
"A Path with Heart" gives a unique Buddhist perspective to heal ourselves emotionally and psychologically. It asks us to accept emotions fully, experience them at a deep level and then to release them. The path is not one of denial but of acceptance and also letting go. Jack Kornfield's words are filled with compassion and equanimity, which are two important facets of our spiritual journey filled with both perils and promises.

This book resonated at a deeper level for me and I found the same inspiration in "Nexus: A Neo Novel" which is an experiential guide to heart-centered living. Both books offer a path of compassion, which is important in our age. We can share the wisdom of these books within our circle and help transform lives.

The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight
The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight
by James Redfield

5.0 out of 5 stars More Spiritual Insights, 16 May 2007
James Redfield continues to offer more spiritual insights after writing "The Celestine Prophecy" and "The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision" which are two fabulous books on spiritual adventure and transformation.

This book is the Eleventh Insight and takes place in Tibet and we are offered a glimpse of a spiritual worldview that holds harmony between people and nature, and where spirituality guides all aspects of life. It isn't something you do on certain days but it is lived in daily interactions. "Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives" is also another wonderful book.

All these books offer a vision for a new world based on higher spiritual principles. A current book that furthers the spiritual vision is called "Nexus: A Neo Novel." We can share in its insights and let our friends know about it. Through these inspiring books we can change lives.

The Interpretation of Murder: The Richard and Judy Bestseller
The Interpretation of Murder: The Richard and Judy Bestseller
by Jed Rubenfeld

4.0 out of 5 stars Great novel, 26 Feb. 2007
I'm not a fan of mystery novels, though "The Interpretation of Murder" held my interest. If I liked mysteries more than I would've given this book five stars.

Another novel that I loved was NEXUS by Deborah Morrison & Arvind Singh for its compassion & spiritual insights.